Levi's Vintage Clothing

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but tomorrow Levis open's their 1st of 3 PJCS (Premium jean Community store) in Malibu. Basically they're gonna be carrying the best stuff. Every store is gonna have some local culture infused into it which is super cool. The other 2 stores are gonna be in the meat packing district and on newbury street in boston.

What's it gonna be called? Is it gonna be in malibu or santa monica. Doesn't seem right in malibu.

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but tomorrow Levis open's their 1st of 3 PJCS (Premium jean Community store) in Malibu. Basically they're gonna be carrying the best stuff. Every store is gonna have some local culture infused into it which is super cool. The other 2 stores are gonna be in the meat packing district and on newbury street in boston.

Malibu? Who goes to Malibu? Why not Santa Monica or BH?

It's gonna be at Malibu Lumber Yard. RRL has a store there as well. I'm sure they've done their research. I hear you guys though, it's definitely a destination spot.

Lot of rich people in Malibu, but from what I know, seems like their concept is to the hard core denim aficionado. There's already a store in BH and Santa monica on 3rd street so maybe that's why they picked Malibu. Melrose would have made the most sense IMO.

Edit: rnr it's gonna be called Levi's PJCS (Premium jean Community store) I think I'll stop by tomorrow and fill you guys in a bit more

It's gonna be at Malibu Lumber Yard. RRL has a store there as well. I'm sure they've done their research. I hear you guys though, it's definitely a destination spot.

Lot of rich people in Malibu, but from what I know, seems like their concept is to the hard core denim aficionado. There's already a store in BH and Santa monica on 3rd street so maybe that's why they picked Malibu. Melrose would have made the most sense IMO.

Edit: rnr it's gonna be called Levi's PJCS (Premium jean Community store) I think I'll stop by tomorrow and fill you guys in a bit more

thanks, let me know if it's worth the drive.

and +1 on melrose as a location

Checked out the store. Looks pretty dope. They haven't gotten all they goods in yet. No LVC until november, but they have some good stuff including vintage garb and some of the Filson collab stuff.

Store itself looks killer. I'd say definitely worth the drive and there were lots of hotties prancing around at the cross creek shopping center which is always a bonus.

Didn't take any pics of the inside but here's a teaser.

IMG_2208.jpg

:mad: Tease ;)

Man, I do wish we had stuff like this here in the great white north! Looking forward to seeing more!

On a different note... I wasn't sure where the heck to put this info, so perhaps here will be good....

I was in Buffalo on biz today, and popped into the local J Crew store. I snagged a couple of pairs of the "salt soaked selvage 501's", that were on the sales rack for $19.99 :eek: Sweet Cone denim...

Pretty nice at that price. I queried the salesperson about it, and she said while internet sales are real strong for this (it's still full price online), the store couldn't move them... Might be worth a look at your local store...

^ I seriously could not believe my eyes! But it wasn't a mistake. From what I remember, they had 30/32, 32/32, 33/32, 34/32, and perhaps a 30/30 or 32/30.

These won't shrink like the LVCs. My 47's are a 32, and a 30 in these fit fine (with room even if they do shrink).

Maybe worth giving them a call - I don't know if they'd ship from the store, and I won't be back for a couple of weeks, otherwise I'd volunteer to proxy.

^ I seriously could not believe my eyes! But it wasn't a mistake. From what I remember, they had 30/32, 32/32, 33/32, 34/32, and perhaps a 30/30 or 32/30.

These won't shrink like the LVCs. My 47's are a 32, and a 30 in these fit fine (with room even if they do shrink).

Maybe worth giving them a call - I don't know if they'd ship from the store, and I won't be back for a couple of weeks, otherwise I'd volunteer to proxy.

These fit true to tagged size?

XPosted from the STF thread:

Too bad they don't actually fit, more of an impulse buy. If anyone has an identical pair in 36 X 34 (or longer), I'll gladly trade haha.

Brendan

Hmmmm. Why no chainstitched hem? I think even the regular STFs have that.

i will be doing some Malibu-ing come November. Thanks for the info Farhad. I would never have known it was there.

^um, no, I don't think the modern STF 501s have a chainstitched hem. I've seen these new STF selvedge 501s, but they don't have the heft or tooth of most LVC jeans.

I would definitely pick one up if they used a better denim- the current 501 cut is actually among my favorite jean cuts.

I was told that they're gonna get the LVC stuff in november.

The other 2 stores are gonna be in NYC and Boston. Good point

About an SF store. Just means you're gonna have to come down

And visit me in LA.

^ will that Levi's high-end place carry the LVC stuff or just the higher end of the Levi's main line?

Would be nice if they had one in SF (their home, you know. Grumble).

Just received a pair of NWT 4170 1947 501s from to><ikon; has a 31x34 and 33x34 still for sale. $160 shipped to US. fast shipping, good price, good seller.

did you get the 36 pair?

^ Yes, they measure 35 x 37, new condition. I forget where 4170 was made. I'll look it up. I think they are from 2006, nice denim, rougher than the newer ones I have.

edit - hmm, according to Paul T, Caitac, CA and from S/S 2009. Yup, looking at the tag, looks like he's right as usual.

On the waist, yes. Mine were 38 inseam that shrunk a ton. I actually resoaked a couple times. The second soak took out another INCH and the third just about another half-inch. Overall almost 4 inches.