Levi's Vintage Clothing

I'm in need of some help with regards to 1937's

I have a pair coming in the mail, and I'm trying to decide on weather or not they are going to suit my build. I'm fairly small...any fit pics of a tts/sized down pair that I can see for reference? checked through most of the thread but I'm too lazy to scroll the whole thing...any help would be appreciated

Here's my fit on a pair of 47's (tts 30)

2q0j7gk.jpg

2dtawz9.jpg

2klw87.jpg

worried that 37's might be too wide but at the same time I do want a more vintage fit...

I have a pair coming in the mail, and I'm trying to decide on weather or not they are going to suit my build. I'm fairly small...any fit pics of a tts/sized down pair that I can see for reference? checked through most of the thread but I'm too lazy to scroll the whole thing...any help would be appreciated

worried that 37's might be too wide but at the same time I do want a more vintage fit...

1937 - sz. 34 measured 35 - i'm a 35

_DSC0491.jpg

_DSC0490.jpg

they shrank down a little more after this, but dont be afraid. embrace the awesomeness of the 1937.

beware of the megashrink inseam though.

^Listen to erk- those '37s look great.

I sized down on a pair last year by about an inch & a half- they looked great after an initial cold soak, but after six months and two more cold soaks they were incredibly uncomfortable, and I had to put them away.

Honeymoon period:

4341939576_3dba0cf493_o.jpg

33 vs 37 measurements for a nominal 32/32:

1933 501 W33, R12.5, L31 , Lo 9.25,St20.5 , Th 10.75

1937 501 W32.5,R13, L31.75, Lo9, St 20, Th10.125

The 37 is significantly narrower around the seat and thighs - 10.75 is the flat measurement, so you're talking an inch difference in the circumference of each thigh. True to size will be fine, as that's not unlike the 55 dimensions, but no more unless you have skinny legs...

better pics as promised.

I'm in a new house now...with roof access out the kitchen window (house is from the 1920s, and is awesome.)

5118353658_3176f1489d_z.jpg

5118355104_f27af734ba_z.jpg

it was raining a little so I got some drops on the back shot.

photostream

cross post from the contest thread worn semi-regularly since january 1st 2010.

Erk - sweet! Those are looking real good!

2q0j7gk.jpg

2dtawz9.jpg

2klw87.jpg

Gregory - my 47's are a 32 (measured less than tagged when raw) and shrank to a 30. They fit about how yours do.

My 37's are a 30 - and definitely needed some stretching after the hot soak! But I am happy (other than the length!) with the fit. Here they are right after their soak:

d11cf680.jpg

riff - must spread....thinking of getting a pair of cinch backs and seeing your pair made me seriously consider getting the 37s. Did you get TTS?

Was also considering wh700s as well, but the thigh measurements of 12" on a pair of sz 30 seems too full a cut for my legs (which are not that skinny either).

LVC47. 2 years and 3 months, though they had a couple month break cos I didn't get myself around to repair the crotch. They are back in the game now!

The pictures don't really do them justice, had to drive them thru photoshop, because the light really sucks in Finland right now.

etut.jpg

etuclose.jpg

takak.jpg

takaclose.jpg

@ I.T. Great 47s, man!

Gregory - happy to help - post up when you get yours!

Ninja07 - thanks! Yes, my 37's were TTS at 30, but they do shrink from tag, so mine ended up at 28ish after soaking, and then I had to stretch the waist out. They also shrink like crazy in length - so watch out for that!