Levi's Vintage Clothing

I was told that they're gonna get the LVC stuff in november.

The other 2 stores are gonna be in NYC and Boston. Good point

About an SF store. Just means you're gonna have to come down

And visit me in LA.

Well, that's a good point. I was thinking about coming down for that Inspiration thing. Gonna be on some boat this year?

5085453357_8d6697aa9c_b.jpg

Hot soak, cold soak or should I wear them a little while?

Normally I would soak unsanforized denim, but the Kurabo denim on my Knappaves and Oldest Oldest wasn't affected much by soaking-almost no shrinkage and no leg twist. The denim did lose its stiffness though, so I think airfrog's advice is good: just wear them raw.

But is this Cone denim? Didn't Paul say that all the denim unsanforized denim would be made in usa? If it is Cone, this denim might react differently to water, so my advice might not apply.

Made in Turkey? What's up with that?

:mad: Tease ;)

Man, I do wish we had stuff like this here in the great white north! Looking forward to seeing more!

On a different note... I wasn't sure where the heck to put this info, so perhaps here will be good....

I was in Buffalo on biz today, and popped into the local J Crew store. I snagged a couple of pairs of the "salt soaked selvage 501's", that were on the sales rack for $19.99 :eek: Sweet Cone denim...

Pretty nice at that price. I queried the salesperson about it, and she said while internet sales are real strong for this (it's still full price online), the store couldn't move them... Might be worth a look at your local store...

Went to the J Crew store in Sacramento this morning and bought 2 pairs of these that were indeed $19.99 each. They had about 10 pairs of them in a few different sizes. While it's true they aren't LVC, for the price they'll make excellent knock around jeans.

5085453357_8d6697aa9c_b.jpg

Hot soak, cold soak or should I wear them a little while?

2x1 denim!!! They got something right.

No I don't think this is 2x1, I think I was told that this is cone denim, natural vegetable died?

Cone can make 2x1. Pacioli said any denim loom that makes a 3x1 can make 2x1.

No I don't think this is 2x1, I think I was told that this is cone denim, natural vegetable died?

It's 3 x 1 denim I'm pretty sure. All the early jeans use Kurabo, unsanforized; some of the washed versions are made in Turkey, I believe but the raw are sewn in the US. The 1873 were available in both natural indigo and synthetic.

Post Soak: 34x 34 ( 40min soak, very hot, no agitation.)

waist 33.5

thigh 12.3

Inseam 32

hem 8

Really diggin' these now! super crisp, great tapper, top block is a bit big though.... rise and actual waist needs more shrink, might give it one more go?!?!

5nvtyr.jpg

66's looking good, I should have sized down 1 on mine (34) to get a good fit in the top block, they were quite big.

Not LVC but heads up for anyone looking for cheap selvage denim...J.Crew Levi's 501's (selvage sea salt rinse) are going for $19.99...

EDIT: ooops late pass, riff beat me to it!

Just hit my local Crew and bought all four of the selvedge. Of all the 501s only 4 were selvedge, but all looked the same.

I'll see what will fit me, then check the supermarket....

Looking good. I suspect yours are 1890?

The 1890 are very slightly tapered; the 1901, maybe my favourite early shape, have a straighter leg. I always wear my early jeans over the summer, altho this year, when I was confident no-one who knew me was near, I was mostly to be seen in cut-off 1944 (no fit pics... ever!).

Yours would look even better if you took a hammer and gave each rivet a quick smack.

PTsarse.jpg

Post Soak: 34x 34 ( 40min soak, very hot, no agitation.)

waist 33.5

thigh 12.3

Inseam 32

hem 8

Really diggin' these now! super crisp, great tapper, top block is a bit big though.... rise and actual waist needs more shrink, might give it one more go?!?!

33tjtbm.jpg

6zq82o.jpg

5nvtyr.jpg

Fantastic! Great to finally see someone else with the 66' . For a moment I thought I was the only one in the world who had them.

Great fit, you'll love them, I've went through a bunch of them.

Cheers

I think they look great Vin.

When I got my 44 cutoffs, they were very bulky. And as they were only shorts I did what Ive rarely done before, rather than soak I gave them a 95 degree wash. They shrank bigtime, but didn't lose any colour - rather, the warp yarn seemed to bulk up, and they came out a really cool black blue colour (they did lose that new jean crispness of course, but the colour was very like one wash SC or Uniqlo). SO, if you're convinced they're too bulky (I'm not) that could be the way to go. My Mod mate Graham Marsh has been boiling his 501 before wear right from the 1960s.