Levi's Vintage Clothing

thanx guys! im wearing them at work now, and all day yest after the top block soak. they are settling nicely. i love the fact that they were 34 inseam presoak, so no hemming needed. and paul, i kno there is lots of shrink left that only a true machine wash will get out. that time will come! haha right now im enjoying the crisp line setting in! haha

yeah, the crispness is really great. if i had gone down 1 size the waist would have been tighter than shit. as it stands, my size 36 fits nicely in the waist, but with a little hip flare. again, i had the same problem with my 67. those have turned out great though, and i'm guessing these will as well.

my LVC 1947 501 36x34 (2006 production)

initial hot soak & second hot soak at 4.5 months - now with 200 days wear here. photos taken mid-day under overcast sky, no adjustments.

front:

5090672384_0685f40648_z.jpg

back:

5090671452_4a2955e1da_z.jpg

top block:

5090072909_22f51512d4_z.jpg

back pocket:

5090671728_f436daf209_b.jpg

coin pocket:

5090073215_723600a353_z.jpg

hem roping:

5090073627_1023feef9c_z.jpg

leather patch:

5090671960_1f486214cf_z.jpg

i posted a comparison with some samurai 710s with same exact wear and treatment in the evo thread (HERE). a preview:

5093587455_7d7b873da2_z.jpg

Someone brought a pair of 501s to the antique roadshow and the lady could not give a date besides pre 1971 because it had a big E. But I could tell that they were at least 1936's or a little bit later.. This thread has official helped me feel smarter than an expert.

Someone brought a pair of 501s to the antique roadshow and the lady could not give a date besides pre 1971 because it had a big E. But I could tell that they were at least 1936's or a little bit later.. This thread has official helped me feel smarter than an expert.

I brought my oldest pair of Levi's to the Antique roadshow when it was in San Diego(2002?) They estimated that they were worth $100.00

just picked up a pair of 47's (finally!)

went tts pretty much (30, I'm a 28 or so usually) and after an hour long HOT soak they fit me as if they were made for me (pics coming)

easily my favourite fitting pair of jeans...ever

Shameless plug: i have a pair of 32 x 38's bnwt I'm trying to get rid of, looking to sell or trade for another pair of 30's (not necessarily 47's..I'll take 44's, 55's just name it) if anyone is interested

@GregoryH: Great to hear you picked up the '47s! Being that you've always been an avid wearer of slim modern jeans, I can definitely see why they'd be you're favorite fitting jeans ever. They're a perfect blend between a vintage and modern jean.

ran - i forget exactly how 2008 compares to other years, but i'm pretty sure 33s will be great for you. these things definitely shrink... and shrink... mine are TTS, and although they've seen plenty of water in the past, i'm a little worried what the forthcoming wash is gonna do to them. even if the 33 waist doesn't shrink down to 31 right away, they will be pretty slim through the thighs...

hey Paul, thanks for the rep - and i've got a question. i'm definitely planning on a nice hot wash. pretty set on a hand wash. i was going to use bronners, but i got a laugh outta your rep comment... do you think i should use normal detergent or do you have some other recommendation? why not bronners?

r

hey Paul, thanks for the rep - and i've got a question. i'm definitely planning on a nice hot wash. pretty set on a hand wash. i was going to use bronners, but i got a laugh outta your rep comment... do you think i should use normal detergent or do you have some other recommendation? why not bronners?

I can't remember what I put when I repped you (!?) but I would say I find that, while I often hand- or machine-wash with Dr Bronners, when the g/f simply bungs em in the washing machine with evil corporate generic washing powders (non bio) they look a lot better, with more 'zing'.

I can't remember what I put when I repped you (!?) but I would say I find that, while I often hand- or machine-wash with Dr Bronners, when the g/f simply bungs em in the washing machine with evil corporate generic washing powders (non bio) they look a lot better, with more 'zing'.

haha - blackout rep? here you go: "excellent post. Can't wait to see post-wash pics. Wash em hot and don't pussy around with Dr Bronners!"

i'm probably gonna stick with a hand wash, but i'll consider using some evil corporate detergent.

which brand is most evil? i believe i have woolite and tide on hand.

IF you do handwash, forget the evil multinationals and stick with Dr Bronners. I use that when I don't want to wash to bring out the fade, just get them clean. For a harder wash, it's whatever non bio is on hand, in the UK Fairy detergent (!) which has some mild brightening agents I believe.

IF you do handwash, forget the evil multinationals and stick with Dr Bronners. I use that when I don't want to wash to bring out the fade, just get them clean. For a harder wash, it's whatever non bio is on hand, in the UK Fairy detergent (!) which has some mild brightening agents I believe.

You can also safely use ECOVER (Color):

Ecover_0020_Biological_0020_Washing_0020_Powder_0020_1_002E_2kg.jpg

as promised...

hvqp07.jpg

...a fit pic.

Again these are a 30x34 after an hour long HOT HOT soak

Love these, I'm considering a more vintage cut for an alternate pair as well (37's perhaps, sized the same) I'm stuck in a slim fit, they always seem to suit me the best, but I did pick up the rogue territory dbl work trousers and I do find the fuller cut super comfortable, and it makes for a nice vintage look when paired with boots+chambray etc. You guys think a 37 would work on me? loving the cinch back idea and the fuller leg.

^ those look awesome! All out or rep for you right now my friend.

I just got some '47s as well, but I'm debating keeping them. I tried them on raw, and then picked up a barely worn pair for a great deal. But, after their initial oak by the owner, they def. fit slimmer than I anticipated. I knew they would shrink a fair bit, but my true STF experience is limited, so I wasn't sure.

They are the right size, but I'm leaning toward a slightly fuller cut. Still want a straight leg (or very limited taper) but would like a little more room in the thigh, and maybe a little lower rise. Maybe I'm better w/ the '55s....

Looks nice. I am still puzzled at the Malibu location. Are they expecting Matthew McConaghey to be there only clientel?

Nevertheless, the closer to my house the better.

Looking good. I suspect yours are 1890?

The 1890 are very slightly tapered; the 1901, maybe my favourite early shape, have a straighter leg. I always wear my early jeans over the summer, altho this year, when I was confident no-one who knew me was near, I was mostly to be seen in cut-off 1944 (no fit pics... ever!).

Yours would look even better if you took a hammer and gave each rivet a quick smack.

PTsarse.jpg

Hey Paul... these are 1890's 501's. I noticed on my pair ,the wrong paper tag was tacked on(it said 1917 501 rigid)

X-posting from the Cultizm LVC Contest-thread:

My LVC 1947's, effective wear a bit over 80 times, 1 initial soak and 6 washes:

dsci0025n.jpg

• Massive leg twist on both legs

dsci0026w.jpg

• Beautiful vintage fadez

dsci0028o.jpg

dsci0033o.jpg

dsci0034r.jpg

• Tagged size 33/36, measured size today 31/34 :-P

dsci0035l.jpg

dsci0038r.jpg

• Great roping, but no rips or tears. Beautiful whiskers (last pic is flashed)

dsci0042f.jpg