SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I like dior MIJ raws but honestly they are TOO Expensive. Especially since the Silver selvedge is more expensive too. I like my jeans to be selvedge if I was going to pay as much as what Dior charges for their denim.

But can someone tell me if what I saw was right? I saw some Dior MIJ silver selvedge raws and their fade looked A LOT different than how the non selvedge MIJ's are. The MIJ diors non selvedge fade a little differently where as the silver selvedge fades I saw were more blue/white ish if you get what I mean. Can someone confirm this with me? I want to get Diors but they are so expensive but If I do get them I would rather pay a little more for the silver selvedge but I hear the quality and fades arent as nice as the non selvedge MIJ Raws.

Also is there any other company that will have a fit like hedi's era MIJ raws. Besides the new company he is working at. I honestly would not like to spend that much on jeans if there is a fit that is similar for cheaper. I know Diors are based off of APC's but I hear APC's quality has gone to shit and that crotch blow outs are much more common now vs back then pre 08 09

Can someone critique the fit on this jacket. It looks OK in this picture, but I'm concerned that with layering, it will be too tight. I'm wearing a t-shirt underneath in this picture. With a thicker flannel shirt or single sweater, the shoulder is a little tight. The insulation on it is decently thick, however.

Should I size up?

Looking at this picture I should probably wear my pants a little higher ;)

98aXxCCl.jpg

Edited by brainmonster

Anyone know anything about fake Penfield jackets? My ummm lady friend thrifted one but the care tag is all in Japanese and the sz tag isn't perfectly straight. Otherwise, it looks real, and it's down filled. Thaaaaaaaaanks

Looking at getting a raw denim jacket, are there any that are especially skinny and long? My measurements (roughly measured)- Length- 28, chest- 21 (flat), shoulder- 16, sleeve- 24.5

edit: preferably a type 3, but anything with decently high front pockets would work.

Edited by mp201

I like dior MIJ raws but honestly they are TOO Expensive. Especially since the Silver selvedge is more expensive too. I like my jeans to be selvedge if I was going to pay as much as what Dior charges for their denim.

But can someone tell me if what I saw was right? I saw some Dior MIJ silver selvedge raws and their fade looked A LOT different than how the non selvedge MIJ's are. The MIJ diors non selvedge fade a little differently where as the silver selvedge fades I saw were more blue/white ish if you get what I mean. Can someone confirm this with me? I want to get Diors but they are so expensive but If I do get them I would rather pay a little more for the silver selvedge but I hear the quality and fades arent as nice as the non selvedge MIJ Raws.

Also is there any other company that will have a fit like hedi's era MIJ raws. Besides the new company he is working at. I honestly would not like to spend that much on jeans if there is a fit that is similar for cheaper. I know Diors are based off of APC's but I hear APC's quality has gone to shit and that crotch blow outs are much more common now vs back then pre 08 09

seriously whats the point of these threads if no one ever answers anything. That was the exact reason why I made another thread because no one ever wants to answer shit in these threads.

Dude you're not getting answers as Dior isn't a very popular brand on here so no one is really in a position to compare old fits against new. to try and answer your question though, selvedge is no indicator on how it will fade its down to weight,  fit and how it is worn etc. Fit wise Dior and APC cuts are similar and as APC don't really change their fit should be the same as they were..

Hi all. I'm really excited as I've got a pair of Levi 517 0217's coming in the post from eBay, which I got cheap as they were misadvertised as 501xx, but a close look at the label on the back showed what they really are, with the added bonus of featuring black flag on the corners of the back pockets, which due to their original size of 40 x 38 makes me think they are a bargain pair of early redlines!(the pics didn't show the inner seam...) Yippeee!!!

My query is if anyone has a similar pair and can confirm they are redlines, and also the make of zipper on your's, as if it's a Scovill I'd be doubly happy!

Thanks in advance...

Looking at getting a raw denim jacket, are there any that are especially skinny and long? My measurements (roughly measured)- Length- 28, chest- 21 (flat), shoulder- 16, sleeve- 24.5

edit: preferably a type 3, but anything with decently high front pockets would work.

A long type 3?

Like, chore/engineer coat long?

Not raw, but this Lee Riders style jacket from Kapital is longer in the body than a traditional denim jacket:

http://www.kapital.jp/e-store/detail.php?id=K1402LJ404&key=3563&category=33

Edited by Iron Horse

yeah, i've been on rawrdenim, denim hunters, denimgeist, tenue de nimes.. kinda need some more girly ones as well.. and not necessarily all selvage clad workwear type stuff either but all kinds (we make lots more than selvage)

Edited by dino might

Would you happen to be asking because Earth Market have some at ¥32194 while Zeil have some listed between ¥9000 and ¥13000?

Can't offer anything - but I'd make sure you check any lot or model numbers before you think you might be getting a bargain!

That said, even the cheaper ones appear to have Made in Japan on the tag, so who knows?

Yea the ones on Zeil were the ones that popped out to me at first. Quite a difference between the two stores.

At what point is it not worth repairing your super beat denim?

gzipdC2l.jpg

42QmsSOl.jpg

I'm at the point with my weird guys that I'd have put ~$70 in repairs on them.  I would love to keep wearing these, but at the same time I'm wondering if it's worth it to just buy new jeans.

Also, possibly a dumb question, but can you bring in the waist on raw denim?

I'd patch them again, but get a new pair to be your main pair. It's always nice to break out some retirement jeans once and a while.

and yes, a few companies can resize your wastband. Railcar does it, but AFAIK they swap the entire waistband.

I'm not sure about old APC stuff, but Dior has always been complete shit quality for their jeans.  You're paying for a specific pocket logo, not quality, and the quality has always been terrible.  Not only will the crotch blow out, but the belt loops will rip off, the pocket corners will tear, etc.  Honestly, Dior's raw denim are even worse than Diesel's.  If you want skinny fit, PBJs and 3sixteen are likely to appeal, but just look through blueingreen and selfedge's inventories and see what you like.

I'm not sure about old APC stuff, but Dior has always been complete shit quality for their jeans.  You're paying for a specific pocket logo, not quality, and the quality has always been terrible.  Not only will the crotch blow out, but the belt loops will rip off, the pocket corners will tear, etc.  Honestly, Dior's raw denim are even worse than Diesel's.  If you want skinny fit, PBJs and 3sixteen are likely to appeal, but just look through blueingreen and selfedge's inventories and see what you like.

Ok so for asking this question your going to give neg me? This was exactly what I was wondering on the quality. Which is why I havent bought it yet. No need to neg me for asking a question in a thread made for it.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic