TCB

thanks mate, lightroom is a bit overwhelming! I don't even know where to start with questions at the moment.

I will try and find a tutorial online first, and then for sure I will ask you.

that's superb. I miss when my pair was at that stage.

You'll get close to grail in another 6 months of daily wear, and by one year they'll start to deteriorate and look too washed out (at least that was the story with my own pair of 60's). I have a new pair of 60's coming my way and I look forward to start it all over again. Hopefully this time I'll be able to keep the original chainstitch hem!

and the fit doesn't look sloppy at all.

^thanks buddy. Hopefully it will be a bit overcast tomorrow and I can take some detail shots which show the contrasts better. I think you're right, in 6 months these are going to be glorious. I plan to wear them to oblivion though, no retirement for these boys! Fit's ok in the legs, but It's a bit baggy round the arse is all.

Cross post from DWC thread, where there are a few more detail pics:

So, finally time for a full and detailed photo dump. I've been very remiss since the start of this year, neglecting my duties as a competitor, however, whilst I doubt that's about to change (work is still work) I've been and will continue to be very conscientious about these jeans. I'm VERY happy with my progress with these. They're not the contrastiest out there, nor are they the most detail rich, but as far as jeans go, I don't think I've ever owned a better pair.

26435973460_85f96417ef_z.jpg 26682076086_d173bceb4b_z.jpg

26615651232_6c42813b3f_z.jpg

26615638122_990638e085_z.jpg

26708531875_352c0f3260_z.jpg

My search for a denim jacket with a longer body has the TCB 50s on the shortlist, can anyone confirm how accurate the measurements on denimio are for a 40 and is it raw or one wash? 

Denimio has it for a great price so it's high on the list but am in Tokyo in a couple weeks so any stockists so I can try while I'm there?

^ can't comment on how accurate are denimio measurements. TCB web shop measurements are accurate though, and post wash. Hajime has the jacket both raw and one wash.

as for the stockist here's Hajime's answer:

Hi

æ±äº¬éƒ½æ‰ä¸¦åŒºé«˜å††å¯ºå— 4-6-11-1F

it's the stockist

haha!

Edited by volvo240thebest

I broke the zipper on my new-ish replacement Oranges last week, feeling really bummed about it. :( Should add that it was my fault entirely and not a construction or quality issue, I clumsily fell over while putting them on early one morning in the dark.

I don't know how I'll go about it, I don't feel confident about doing it myself and I haven't really been happy with any tailoring that I've had done in the last few years. Changing the zipper on a pair of jeans strikes me as a bit complicated. Maybe I'll just add snaps or some type of easily removeable buttons for now and deal with it the next time I travel to a place where it can be fixed. 

Not to be all about the negative, here they are now after about three weeks or so of wear (+ one initial soak and one machine wash): 

image_5.jpeg

image_6.jpeg

image_7.jpeg

image_8.jpeg

And you're right Maynard, a decent tailor should be able to do it. You've given me hope, I'll check tomorrow! 

Edited by mandel9000

I'll save volvo the trouble, since I just went over this with him 5 pages back. By all accounts the measurements are accurate and everybody should know to go tts with tcb.  :)

https://tcbjeans.stores.jp/items/54a65f9c552f2f097d0020d8

the tcb online shop has good measurements.

they're all in japanese but it's pretty easy to understand

1st measure waist

2nd measure inseam length

3rd measure front rise

4th measure thigh

5th measure hem width

it mentions the 60's in a 36 has a 12.75 inches thigh, so I guess either my multiple crotch repairs or an accidental 90 degree C wash overshrank my pair to 12.5.

@Edmund They don't have 33...:(

As in don't have stock? There is a 33 model. FWIW my size 32 shrink down to about 77.5cm post wash and fairly quickly stretch back out to just over 81cm.

@Mandel, I went through the process of switching a broken zipper fly to a button fly a few weeks ago on one of my friend's jeans--it took about half an hour and was really interesting to do! All it requires is some careful scissor-work to get the zipper out, a bit of sewing to make a button flap and a couple buttonholes, and a hammer to knock in the new buttons! If you'd like to give it a shot I can send you some extra buttons or otherwise help you through the process. Hope it works out!

Edited by chicote

@Edmund They don't have 33... :(

hey mate I am pretty sure Hajime had done a 33 before. However if you're on facebook send him a firend request and ask him via private messenger. He's usually ultra quick to reply that way. tcb webshop measurements are after wash and pretty accurate.