TCB

Seamen shorts arrived today and they're pretty big in size 34 (I was gunning for 33 but Inoue said 32 or 34). No exchange on a custom job, so I'll take them to a tailor for some frankenwork.

0Xi091x.jpg

28qxKig.jpg

CHBwtLX.png

Edited by Iron Horse

Apologies for not posting more updates as i've this jacket since october, that being said, I love this jacket and the fabric is phenomenal. I see some 50s Jeans in my future to go with my jacket...

eT6s9vt.jpg?1

qWznd4f.jpg?1

underneath forearms are getting some heavy wear

paTmmEN.jpg?1

8vfHTD6.jpg?1

front of jacket to see texture and marbling

xGLaXKJ.jpg?1

at some point i need to get a full pic of the jacket, maybe after the next wash.

Great shots, especially those last two!

Man, I hope my 50's jacket turns out like that after a few years.

I've been wearing mine as much as possible, sadly it's already heating up here so my time to wear it is limited but I'm starting to see some combs develop.

thank you, I rarely do fit pics with a real camera but yesterday I had some time for me and I gave it a go!

I am sure your jacket will end up to be similar to mine sooner or later, from what I remember it fits you close to the body and sleeves so you'll get the defined combs.

I plan to do an update on the jacket after its 7th wash in a couple weeks.

Anyone have an exact fit detail for me...

I'm 6'ft (182cm) 80kg (175lbs) 40"Chest.

What size 50's jacket is for me?

Ideally I'll have Inoue-San shorten whichever size to belt height and possibly the sleeves too - don't want to cuff.

I'm thinking the 40 or 42.

Have had the seamen jumper in a 38 before - too small - fitted like a slim shirt.

Anyone the same size as me have a 50's jacket?

Thanks.

Ps. Sorry for the dull question.

Hi Ukeno

fwiw...

I am 178 cm, weight around 90 kg and my bare chest is a smidgen over 40 inches (last time I checked I was 40 1/2 inches).

I am a 42 bang on perfect fit. I can fit a normal gauge wool jumper/shirt + vest/ hoodie underneath, but it still looks good even with a tshirt only.

here's my post soak measurements for the 42, these measurements were taken in nov 2013 when I bought the jacket. Since then I've worn the hell out of it and I've machine washed it 6 times, I do not have current measurement but I can try to take them for you later tonight if you wish.

Pit to pit 21
Shoulders 19 1/4
Waist 20 1/2
Shoulder to cuff 26
Overall length 28 1/4

[edit] my TCB 50's jacket was Inoue's prototype for size 42, the first one he made in this size, maybe he had altered some of the measurements since then, so if there is any significant discrepancy between my measurements and tcb measurement you know why!

Edited by volvo240thebest

Thanks Volvo and Goograin.
That helps. Think a 40 might be okay as I'm only rally looking to wear with a t-shirt or a thin sweater. More of a layer. Might wear under heavier, longer jackets next autumn and winter.
I'll double check vs TCB website and also a chore coat & USMC shirt-jacket I have.
Appreciate the help.

Edit: Leaning towards the 40 with a reduction in length and sleeve of 3or4cm  - 19 1/4" shoulders on a 42 are a bit too wide for the fit id like, I think.

Edited by UkeNo

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping somebody here might speak to how the cuts of TCBs (50s or 60s) compare to SC's 47 cut (Sugar Mountain, perhaps?).

I've got a pair of Okis in a size 36, and, while I love them, I could use something a little trimmer in the hips and rear. From my hips down, I'd probably be fine with SCs in a size 34, but my beer gut won't have it. I love the higher rise and the fuller leg, and so I'm kind of thinking that a pair of 60s (in a size 35--is this a real thing) might do the trick. I'd really appreciate your thoughts. Thanks, and congrats to those of you in the contest; it's really been something to watch. Cheers.

hi,

can't comment on how the TCB cuts compare to SC, however I am not aware of TCB 60's available in a size 35. the TCB 60's has a mid front rise and a fairly slim thigh. on a 36 the front rise is a smidgen over 11 inches and the thigh is 12.5 inches. fairly different from your SC I'd say.

the 60's is a great cut, very versatile.

https://tcbjeans.stores.jp/items/54a65f9c552f2f097d0020d8

the tcb online shop has good measurements.

they're all in japanese but it's pretty easy to understand

1st measure waist

2nd measure inseam length

3rd measure front rise

4th measure thigh

5th measure hem width

it mentions the 60's in a 36 has a 12.75 inches thigh, so I guess either my multiple crotch repairs or an accidental 90 degree C wash overshrank my pair to 12.5.