Warehouse

Medine

On 5/22/2024 at 10:25 PM, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

So ended up picking some of these up as they look like a wider / more accommodating fit than the original and actually Signet had them at a great price (plus I also panicked slightly at the FC pricing chat and the thought of my beloved Warehouse going the same way). Building on my reverence for the brand in owning an anniversary pair too. Awaiting their delivery now and crossed digits Fedex don't stiff me on import.

I also picked up a pair of 1000XX 1946 DSB (critically, not 1001XX (1000XX)) - this was based almost entirely on assumptions on sizing, if anyone has any sizing info on these (at size 34) I would be very grateful - these aren't coming from the other side of the world though so returns / re-sell shouldn't be an issue if it's gone wrong.

I'm essentially hunting for a slightly wider / looser version of what I already have, one in DSB and one in Banner, to cover all my favourite material needs.

On 5/22/2024 at 2:18 PM, dada mafiosi said:

Hi Guys

Anyone having info which online shop is having Warehouse 1001xx 13.5oz banner denim pair in stock? 

FYI seems like there’s a restock of non-wash pairs at Hinoya. 

1 hour ago, dada mafiosi said:

how much inseam length of Warehouse 1001xx shrinks initial hot wash and later on washes? 5cm or 6cm or 7cm possible?

I have never had a raw pair in the banner denim sorry, but Hinoya has said on the product page expect 6-7cm shrinkage in the inseam. I imagine that to be fairly accurate!

30 minutes ago, Alec Leamas said:

I have never had a raw pair in the banner denim sorry, but Hinoya has said on the product page expect 6-7cm shrinkage in the inseam. I imagine that to be fairly accurate!

Almost every brands list the length shrinkage is 6-7cm, but I have used Samurai, Ooe Yufukaten OA01XX-0522, Warehouse 800xx, I notice hardly the inseam shrinks 5-6cm. My Samurai 0500XX shrank from 85cm to 80cm, OA01-0522 5-6cm only, Warehouse 800 5cm only. 

Maybe someone having experience in banner denim can guide us.  

4 hours ago, dada mafiosi said:

how much inseam length of Warehouse 1001xx shrinks initial hot wash and later on washes? 5cm or 6cm or 7cm possible?

Warehouse 1001xx shrink additionally on following washes. 

9 hours ago, dada mafiosi said:

I did not get my Duck Digger pair new or raw so I only know the end point, but they've plateaued at 80-81 cm which is pretty consistent with Hinoya's estimate of 7 cm shrinkage assuming that my pair also started at 88 cm.

I wish that they were 2" longer though - at my height I have no choice but to wear them Hayashi-style

13 hours ago, dada mafiosi said:

Warehouse 800 5cm only. 

Maybe someone having experience in banner denim can guide us.  

The 800 is made with a different denim that is ~14.5oz. It also feels like a tighter weave. I think that’s why the inseam shrinks less on a pair of 800s compared to a pair of jeans made with the Banner Denim. 

My 1001hxx are Banner Denim and the inseam shrunk from 35” to 31.5” over 3 years. It’s easy to stretch the inseam 0.5”-1” if needed. 

I have both the 1001xx and 800xx, the Self Edge longer inseam version of both. I haven't noticed any shrinkage on the 1001xx over half a dozen washes or so. The 800xx do seem like they shrunk in length, and I'm not sure why that is. I didn't notice that until after having knee blowouts on the 800xx repaired though so it's possible that the darned knees not stretching out like before have some kind of negative effect on the inseam length. Either way, cold washing should be pretty safe, and you can always get some length back by pulling the legs when they're damp.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m really jealous of those. Passed on them when they came out because I was tired of Warehouse’s tiny + flimsy pocket bags and didn’t want to commit to another pair, but I saw them in S&S a few months ago and was surprised to see full-length bags made from a nice medium weight bull denim…they were all out of my size, though, as was everyone else by then. Oh well—your pair’s looking fantastic @olmecasteve

22 hours ago, shredwin_206 said:

@olmecasteve prolly the best LEEPro in my opinion. Also their repro of the triple stitch cowboys! 

I definitely agree!!

21 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

I’m really jealous of those. Passed on them when they came out because I was tired of Warehouse’s tiny + flimsy pocket bags and didn’t want to commit to another pair, but I saw them in S&S a few months ago and was surprised to see full-length bags made from a nice medium weight bull denim…they were all out of my size, though, as was everyone else by then. Oh well—your pair’s looking fantastic @olmecasteve

Thanks!!!
I took a gamble on these since I've never really like Lee's weird back pocket placement, but they have grown on me.

Posted (edited)

I've been eyeing up a pair of the '46 dsb S1001xx (1000xx), size 32.

When comparing against other models in the same tagged size (for example '47 1001xx, or a pair of the 1000's) the waist on the S1001's seems quite a bit bigger. A good inch or so across the width.

Does this model shrink any more than the others hence they're bigger on purpose, or is it a sizing anomaly?

Edited by Mr Black

I think the DSB denim used in all the ww2 models actually shrinks a little less than the other DSB denim. In my experience at least. 

I always get the same size in warehouse. Not all of the patterns work for me. But the ones that fit me well are always the same tag size. 

I have the 1946 s1001xx in my usual size but I haven’t washed them yet. They seem like they will end up about the right size, maybe a little larger than tag size. 

Thanks. Maybe I'll go down a size as a precaution.

I don’t think they shrink more Mr B, it’s just the cut. If they’re still on the Warehouse site, it should state the expected shrinkage and you can compare it with the expected shrinkage of other models that use the same denim. In addition, I remember Warehouse bringing out an S1001XX about 10 years ago with a bigger waist than the standard 1001XX in the same size. I think sizing down sounds sensible.

Here is an update of purchasing a pair of Warehouse 1001xx from Hinoya, Thanks to Okayama Denim who carried out Chain Stitch Hemming (Hinoya has a policy not to carry out hemming for overseas customers for new pairs), OD claims that they have Union Special 43200G machine. 

0 unwashed with bag.jpg

Warehouse 1001xx size 34 non wash is having 94cm waist width, which is more than 36inches, whereas OOE Yofukuten OA01xx-552 non wash in size 36 is having 91.5 cm (i.e. 36 inches) , I always prefer to have actual measurement waist width as per my requirement rather than believing on size tags 

Edited by dada mafiosi

Warehouse 1001xx Banner Denim , Size 34

I measured the unwashed pair taking pics, thereafter carried out washing , first hot soak for almost 45-60 minutes , thereafter  two cycles of machine wash, each of them 30 minutes approximately with 40C temperature and no spin. I measured after wash again and took pics. 

I wore them for approximately 2 days (8-10 hours every day), measured again after use and took pics. I notice that pair stretches back to original non wash measurements in areas such as waist and back rise, others areas also stretch back to some extent where pressure was given during the use. 

Here are the measurements in CMs:

Unwashed / Washed / After use:

Waist: 94 / 88 / 94

Front Rise: 31 / 29.5 / 30

Back Rise: 41 / 38 / 41

Thigh: 33 / 31 / 32.5

Knee: 25 / 23 / 24

Inseam: 84 / 77 / 78

Hem: 23.5 / 22 / 22

Based on feedback from members here and Hinoya/Warehouse websites, I estimated 7cm shrinkage in inseam, so orders OD to hem the pair at 84. After wash I found the pair 77cm exactly what we estimated , after use while sitting on the ground inseam stretches a little bit, I measured and found 78cm inseam , exactly what I was looking for (77-78cm)

Also to note that , after wash I noticed roping started to appear in hems  (please see the pictures below), Warehouse sizing is not able to understand, I have a pair 800xx , bought in 2019/2020, which is also size 34 one wash, when I received it , it was 83cm only and stretched after use and became 88cm. Whereas 1001xx size 34 in non wash is measured 94cm. 

my pair of 800xx became unusable due to my waist size now, thanks again to @beautiful_FrEaK who advised to stretch using different techniques , one of them was to "use pants stretchers" , I bought from Amazon and now able to use 800xx that is stretched currently to 92cm by using the tool 

Edited by dada mafiosi

This is great @dada mafiosi glad to hear you got a pair and thanks for the post and measurements!

I'm currently in the process of washing my 1001X-25th anniversary pair post hemming and they're looking like I've reached the 100% most ideal jean for me, for now.

WH 1001xx , size 34 measurement pictures in "unwashed" , "washed" and "after use" sequence 

1. Waist

2. Front Rise

3. Back Rise

Unwashed Waist:1unwashed-waist.thumb.jpg.734bf3ac656b4056ec19171fe3280300.jpg

Washed Waist:1washed-waist-copy.thumb.jpg.ec6fdcd790be759ae2d5adf9077c808b.jpg

After Use Waist:

1afteruse-waist.thumb.jpg.d5d5542d454d4094199d4464e538e9a8.jpg

Unwashed Front Rise

2unwashed-frontrise.thumb.jpg.ee1b40e6923f4e4a0de67d74a638d648.jpg

Washed Front Rise:

2washed-frontrise-copy.thumb.jpg.b9ec237fcdde6bdeb48de6b659d182c1.jpg

After Use Front Rise:

2afteruse-frontrise.thumb.jpg.0b52e0c15a615ded1af253763da4ae1d.jpg

Unwashed Back Rise:

3unwahed-backrise.thumb.jpg.99a66dc17a6d5625b9a6afd4b68ab321.jpg

Washed Back Rise:

3washed-backrise-copy.thumb.jpg.81fbf6609ee923f9cbec681ec4a7444c.jpg

After Use Back Rise:

3afteruse-backrise.thumb.jpg.4bb29cf98dea485daefe801abeeb1547.jpg

Edited by dada mafiosi

WH 1001xx , size 34 pictures in unwashed , washed and after use sequence (continued)

1. Thigh

2. Knee

3. Inseam length

4. Hem width

Unwashed Thigh: 

4unwashed-thigh.thumb.jpg.47fd30b806a70891c602673ae5627c47.jpg

Washed Thigh4washed-thigh-copy.thumb.jpg.e7481c1eadcdd7d89a8a806483d140ea.jpg

After Use Thigh:

4afteruse-thigh-copy.thumb.jpg.3c0d83d21b3e64ce633380d3c030ee9d.jpg

Unwashed Knee:

5unwashed-knee.thumb.jpg.c728a20da720bcbd7f2ef316ea9b2607.jpg

Washed Knee:

5washed-knee-copy.thumb.jpg.5fbc998d1e9b6f3a4f3a618484b57d3c.jpg

After Use Knee:

5afteruse-knee-copy.thumb.jpg.66817b8392e5f1b97af4d6336b1075f8.jpg

Unwashed Inseam:

6unswashed-inseam.thumb.jpg.2caea9155e8c3a89f317fc0f2e4f6cd1.jpg

Washed Inseam:

6washed-inseam-copy.thumb.jpg.07305a47c50396ca5105eabfc25cccdc.jpg

After Use Inseam:

6afteruse-inseam.thumb.jpg.76d930a83628d2b29af9446883ff1813.jpg

Unwashed Hem:

7unwashedhem.thumb.jpg.f8932dd4aac096b3d43c95d120580e7e.jpg

Washed Hem:

7washed-hem-copy.thumb.jpg.9405cadd81f7fbf193dc9d6a9b216958.jpg

Roping started slightly, just after first wash. 

No affect on hem width after use. 

Edited by dada mafiosi

WH 1001xx , size 34, fit pics8fitpic-front.thumb.jpg.f0e32942536ec988d448e7479ac6274a.jpg9fitpic-back.thumb.jpg.bb0bc4216c0485bb256b02be5e3df9b1.jpg

I noticed denim neps (please ignore low quality picture taken using iPhone)

neps.thumb.jpg.e9e2769de2590eb463291d43bcb26bb5.jpg

Outside surface is rough, even inside I felt rough and scratchy. 

The silhouette feels lighter on the body. 

Edited by dada mafiosi

Following a cursory trawl through all of Superdenim all I can find on the 2001XX DSB blanket lined is from the how many denim jackets thread with a post from @THUNDERBALL, so….

I wondered if you could advise on how much yours shrank when washed etc? any measurements would be very welcome.

I’ve found one online that may be too small with shrinkage but given it’s lined already kinda negates any need for big layers underneath, plus I’m for some reason drawn to blanket lined denim jackets more than unlined, not fully sure why that is.

1 hour ago, Alec Leamas said:

Following a cursory trawl through all of Superdenim all I can find on the 2001XX DSB blanket lined is from the how many denim jackets thread with a post from @THUNDERBALL, so….

I wondered if you could advise on how much yours shrank when washed etc? any measurements would be very welcome.

I think, it depends on how you want to wear it.
As you have probably seen for example for size 44-48 the back length and sleeve length is the same.

I used to wear 42 in jackets, which - as I gained a bit of weight- is a rather tight fit now.
44 would probably be standard.
But I got this one in 48 for a more comfy, little oversized fit.
I was a bit worried, that with a warm wash the wool lining might shrink more than the denim, so I washed cold.
But I also saw, when I got the jacket that the lining is quite loose, so even with a warm wash (possibly hot wash) it should not get too tight.

11 hours ago, indigoeagle said:

I think, it depends on how you want to wear it.
As you have probably seen for example for size 44-48 the back length and sleeve length is the same.

I used to wear 42 in jackets, which - as I gained a bit of weight- is a rather tight fit now.
44 would probably be standard.
But I got this one in 48 for a more comfy, little oversized fit.
I was a bit worried, that with a warm wash the wool lining might shrink more than the denim, so I washed cold.
But I also saw, when I got the jacket that the lining is quite loose, so even with a warm wash (possibly hot wash) it should not get too tight.

Helpful thank you, also a good reminder that if it comes and is on the smaller side of where I would want it, a cold wash would work - I always lean towards hot wash and dry but I suppose that doesn't always have to be the case!

One thing I did wonder, was, being very new to the denim jacket game (i.e. I have none presently, save from a vintage storm rider, but washing / shrinkage never was an issue there) - which way does the fabric tend to shrink up the most? 

Is it the vertical length like jeans? I was assuming so, but then would any width shrinkage be more reluctant to stretch back out? (like thighs in jeans e.g.)

Edited by Alec Leamas