Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

4 hours ago, mrsmiff said:

Sounds like you guys want to do another contest, right?

is everyone thinking 5 pocket 01 or 02; OR do you all want to do something more advanced like the Boss or Hercules?

Count me in! Standard 5 pocket, I can "settle" with an 01 fit LOL

Honestly I just want to wear Ooe's again; Love my TCB's as well but I've come to terms with being an Ooe for life guy...

Any interesting/rare fabrics they have on hand? Different from standard, but not too eccentric would be perfect in my eyes. Not sure what timeline would look like, but I can potentially double dip as my TCB's are fast faders

1 hour ago, aho said:

I've come to terms with being an Ooe for life guy...

That's a big statement. Gotta try Ooe then, they must be really nice. Are you still into Levi's Vintage jeans though?

Edited by i_denim

02 is my favorite cut but am such an Ooe fan that I probably couldn’t resist an 01 or anything from 03 to 09.  The #17 02 is my favorite pair of jeans, followed by the Golden Gate 01. 

1 hour ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Which is the tapered cut - 01 or 02? Other than the taper I understand they’re quite similar, is that correct?

The 02 is more tapered from the knee down Maynard.  Other than that, I think they're the same.

The 01 works great for boots or those with huge calves ;-)  I like the 02 with regular shoes.

9 hours ago, i_denim said:

That's a big statement. Gotta try Ooe then, they must be really nice. Are you still into Levi's Vintage jeans though?

Never wore vintage, only bought to collect!

Ooe is a denim goldilocks zone for me; perfect cuts, comfortable fits, subtle quality fabrics that hold on to their dye well (no fading shortcuts), immaculate sewing technique with high stitch count, and all imbued with that intangible quality of love and hand made care without compromise. To top it all off, Ryo & Hiro are just super nice people overall, so it's a package that's tough to beat

11 hours ago, aho said:

Count me in! Standard 5 pocket, I can "settle" with an 01 fit LOL

Honestly I just want to wear Ooe's again; Love my TCB's as well but I've come to terms with being an Ooe for life guy...

Any interesting/rare fabrics they have on hand? Different from standard, but not too eccentric would be perfect in my eyes. Not sure what timeline would look like, but I can potentially double dip as my TCB's are fast faders

I’m in the same boat, I’d prefer an 02 cut but could settle for the 01. And either 5 pocket or something else works for me!

I would certainly be down for an Ooe contest. Would prefer an 01, 02, or 03 cut.

Also, I’m a skinny guy that doesn’t wear big boots or have big calves, but the 01 cut still looks and feels so good on!  

I’ve been wearing my pair of OA01 in the new OAXX2 denim for about 2 months. Does anyone feel like it fades a bit more quickly than expected?  Maybe I just got used to the slow fades of the Golden Gate denim... Anyway love it all, fades or not. 

I've been following this thread for a while, I don't own any pairs but I like the look of their denim and a contest would be a fantastic excuse to get a pair (to add to the growing pile of partially worn jeans) and a good reason to stick to one pair to get some descent fades! If the 02 are more tapered then I think it would prefer the 01...

This sounds great to me and Jeremy. We've been sorting out a special collab jean/pant for Denimbro for the past 6 months, so the Denimbro pant will be first in line. That one will be a late 19th / early 20th century work pant in 10oz or lighter fabric - so very different from an OA-01 or OA-02 jean in a special denim...

18 hours ago, tigermilk said:

I would certainly be down for an Ooe contest. Would prefer an 01, 02, or 03 cut.

Also, I’m a skinny guy that doesn’t wear big boots or have big calves, but the 01 cut still looks and feels so good on!  

I’ve been wearing my pair of OA01 in the new OAXX2 denim for about 2 months. Does anyone feel like it fades a bit more quickly than expected?  Maybe I just got used to the slow fades of the Golden Gate denim... Anyway love it all, fades or not. 

The Golden Gate Denim is a SLOW fader! The OAXX fabric fades quickly compared to most denims we're used to, and significantly faster than the Golden Gate Denim.