Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

3 hours ago, shredwin_206 said:

@MJF9 man I wish I had grabbed those. 

so is the consensus with OOE to order two sizes up? So if I’m a 33 I need a 35? 

Two sizes up will fit great with some stretch. If I was going to get another pair, I would go up three sizes because I prefer my jeans a little loose. I have a 33 and it's a "perfect" fit meaning I can break it in and wear it without a belt after stretch. I prefer the feeling of a waist and thigh that don't require stretch and just fit comfy right out of the wash. I also prefer an 8.75" LO minimum. For that I would go up three sizes to a 34 rather than the 33 I own.

In a quick attempt to be more useful attached are OA 01’s in a size 31. You can see the waist had to stretch as evidenced by the fly buckling outwards. I don’t mind this. It did stretch no problem. They are very comfortable. The cut is full enough that the waist was really the only point of concern. Now, a belt helps a bit but I don’t tend to wear one. 

I got the 03s in a 32 but have not washed them yet. I expect them to be a little loose throughout and the waist to feel about the same it will just need to stretch less. 
I can comfortably wear a 29 or a 30 from WH, FC, and sugar cane/mf. With those it comes down to the cut, not the waist. My WH 1003xx are a 29 but that is their fuller cut, for example. For slimmer cuts a 30 is usually better just for seat/thigh room - not the waist per se. 

IMG_5946.jpeg

IMG_5945.jpeg

@beautiful_FrEaK yes they made a type 2, it was several years ago now (the post I found was from 2017).
I think they made it for one of their Japanese retailers Commono Reproducts (which seems like is no longer in business), not many were available.
Would love if they made a traditional type 1 / 2 someday.
Some more photos here: http://livininparis.com/2017/03/23/ooe-yofukuten-co/
yRMS6GE.jpeg
uL3hBGJ.jpeg

Were they maybe available for a bit during the custom era, too?

In any case, I saw a couple in person a while back at some or other event @ S&S: can confirm they’re as dope as you’d expect

I was lucky enough to grab 2 of the Ooe type 2 and they’re amazing! I can post pics here this weekend. 

33 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

@Broark Were you in person @ Inspiration this year? or were they willing to take mail orders for those

No I didn't go to the event, Hudson Hill was helping them sell some pairs via Instagram. Not sure if they're all accounted for or not.
Sounds like they'll have some jeans for sale at S&S this upcoming weekend. Hudson Hill told me they had these 01s and some 03s
Interested to see what's available at S&S this weekend if anyone makes it out there!

Good info—know which S&S they were gonna be going to, by chance? I’m even closer than I used to be from the Oakland one, these days, and I think I have some store credit to burn…

On 4/26/2024 at 5:50 AM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

The ones posted by @Broark or did they offer some during LA Inspiration?

These are the ones posted by @Broark

i got them from a friend who got them off yahoo auctions. 

The ones posted by @Broark or did they offer some during 

The ones posted by @Broark or did they offer some during LA Inspiration?

Ok, so here they are, washed a time or 2, the one on the right has been worn more by me. Labeled CR07, paper tag. The fit is just perfect, and it’s my favorite type 2 I have. I believe it’s the xx2 denim, but correct me if I’m wrong. 

IMG_4979.jpeg

IMG_4980.jpeg

IMG_4981.jpeg

IMG_4982.jpeg

IMG_4983.jpeg

IMG_4984.jpeg

Couple of comparison shots of the 03s worn for a bit and the new 01s which have not been washed / worn yet.
The 01s use the same denim but the "A-grade" variant, so a little less irregular (not that the denim used on the 03s is very irregular to start with).
The 01s are on the left, the 03s are on the right.
IMG-7140.jpg
IMG-7141.jpg
IMG-7142.jpg
IMG-7143.jpg
IMG-7145.jpg

^ Nice Broark.  Love Ooe.  Saw Ryo and Hiro yesterday at S&S Oakland.  Picked up a new turkey red bandana (larger than their last run).  Will probably give it to my wife as men pushing 70 can look like turkeys wearing red bandanas.

Really like the new bandanas, but they’re too big to feel practical, for me. I have a couple in that format from Two Ears Brand, and they’re super cool designs & well executed prints but they just don’t see that much use in practice

@Broark They just had maybe 10 pairs of jeans for sale leftover from Inspiration; most sold in the first few minutes I guess. There were also a couple of the canvas hunting vests on display (not for sale), and one in a lightweight denim that they said they were gonna be starting production on soon (!).

Incidentally, Ryo was wearing his 507XX and I asked if they were planning on making more at some point; he said hopefully yeah