Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

• 1 month later...

Was just reaching out to S&S regarding adding a hem to my pre-order of the SOA03XX. Decided against it after looking at the post-shrink length and wanting to wear these a little long. Most importantly, the first batch should arrive at S&S in the next couple of weeks and shipped shortly after. Excited to see these in person.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2023 at 11:58 AM, julian-wolf said:

Anyone know which retailers are getting which batches?

Not sure if you've seen on social media, but first batch is arriving at S&S now, and the second batch will be going to Barnstormers.

KZDZfRl.jpgqpub7Zk.jpgoNni79m.jpg

OA03 cut is very nice. Size 32. 33 would have also fit, but I'm liking the fit a lot. Gave them a 1-hour soak in the hottest water my bathtub provides, and then a warm machine wash on gentle with no detergent. They shrank to slightly below S&S's predicted measurements, so I'm confident they are fully shrunk at this point.

Denim is really, really nice. I don't have anything similar to it in feel or appearance. 

Usually with OA the rule is to size up 2 from normal, not one. I tend to be between 29-30 depending on brand and cut and my OA's (01) in 31 shrunk to pretty snug in the waist (but stretched out easy) but great everywhere else. I took a 32 with the 03's for a (hopefully) looser, slightly oversized fit. My guess is the waist will shrink but barely stretch back out due to lack of tension on it - but I don't think I'll see them for a few months to know. This is to say, I'm in a similar spot where I think 2 diff sizes will work for me.

3 hours ago, obama said:

Great fit!  To me, the w32 fits great even with a hot bath.  Wonder why you think w33 would also fit?

so you just get size up 1inch by you usual size (31)?  

Was on the fence because I found the hem a bit too wide on measurement. But yours look great. 

After wearing these out all day today, I take it back and think these are spot on. The waist and hips were very snug initially but they’ve already stretched to be comfortable. The rise could be slightly higher on these for me, but that’s fine. 33 would have given a more classic, wider fit which I was almost expecting, but since these have zero taper whatsoever, they accomplish that in the leg opening.

Edit: And yeah, my size for most Japanese brands is 31 or 32, very occasionally a 30 (as I’ve learned with newer Denime). I’m a 32 with Warehouse 800xx or 31 in 1001xx, 31 for all TCB cuts I own (I would be 32 for their 50s), and 31 in most FC cuts.

Edited by blooming

2 hours ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

Usually with OA the rule is to size up 2 from normal, not one. I tend to be between 29-30 depending on brand and cut and my OA's (01) in 31 shrunk to pretty snug in the waist (but stretched out easy) but great everywhere else. I took a 32 with the 03's for a (hopefully) looser, slightly oversized fit. My guess is the waist will shrink but barely stretch back out due to lack of tension on it - but I don't think I'll see them for a few months to know. This is to say, I'm in a similar spot where I think 2 diff sizes will work for me.

Mine shrunk to 29.5" in the waist. S&S put 29.9" as their post-wash, so I think that's pretty spot on for the most part.

• 1 month later...

!! That’s exciting

Still no word on my end, but hopefully in the next few days

Geez, between these, the Roy pants, and a pair of Tender 132 that I finally splurged for on sale for my birthday, this’ll be a really unusually high volume pants month for me…

I also received notification that my pair arrived from Barnstormer, will post photos once they arrive.
Surprisingly this is the first new pair of jeans in exactly a year for me believe it or not.

7 minutes ago, Broark said:

I also received notification that my pair arrived from Barnstormer, will post photos once they arrive.
Surprisingly this is the first new pair of jeans in exactly a year for me believe it or not.

But you’ve been busy stocking up on other items. Ha 

25 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

!! That’s exciting

Still no word on my end, but hopefully in the next few days

Geez, between these, the Roy pants, and a pair of Tender 132 that I finally splurged for on sale for my birthday, this’ll be a really unusually high volume pants month for me…

Yea I picked up some 132’s as well! And a pair of De Bonne Facture cords - technically I made all orders last year but it’s a bad start. In the past I’ve been decent about changing habits in the new year (aside from last year, which I’m giving myself a pass on because of some stress I’ve never known before). But this one has been hard to kick. Part of it is that I’ve gotten sort of bored by a lot of contemporary photography and I used to collect photo books a good bit more than I do now. 

The year before last I allowed myself one pair and stuck to it. What should help is that I set automatic saving contributions to be more a good bit more aggressive (so I will feel more broke) and my wife finally is like “dude, isn’t that enough?” … I was like to be be honest I thought you’d say that like five or six pairs ago. Two or three years ago I had nothing on ice and never had. Now I’ve got something like five pairs waiting in the wings and about as many in the closet getting some wear. It feels a little silly. This doesn’t even touch on jackets…  

1 hour ago, MJF9 said:

🤯 good job I was sitting down for this shocker

Told my wife this the other day and she was shocked. :D
I'm planning on keeping it in check again this year, only purchases being these OAs and the FW 42s in the spring.

That was quick  (well, also took a long time). 03's arrived today. These are 32's. Good bit of play in the waist raw still. Gonna go for maximum shrinkage on these straight away (whenever that is - honestly probably 2025 or even later). 

Denim seems a touch grayer and a touch more irregular than on my recent 01's. Lovely details in the stitching compared to my 01's, pocket bags are nice too. 

0a03_1.thumb.jpg.82c3ccfb294fe9bbb6e96ab708ca8195.jpgoa03_2.thumb.jpg.d0d271bc64f5e208fc053337ae67503c.jpg

Last photo are my 01's in size 31 which I love the fit of in general and are completely comfortable now but I really had to stretch the waist out - which happened in about a few hours of wear. 0A's denim seem to stretch pretty forgivingly - can't be sure with the 03's but it feels similar enough to the 01 that I wouldn't be surprised. I've only worn the 01's a handful of times so far too and I think they will fade relatively quickly...but even these I'm not sure will be in regular rotation until next summer or fall. These are more just to show fit, the light isn't good for showing the denim. In general, this patterning feels a notch above a lot of repro's I've encountered - at least for my frame. We'll see how it all wears with time though.

oa01.thumb.jpg.47e95bfd63a93bd4c867cfb28d57103f.jpg

7 hours ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

That was quick  (well, also took a long time). 03's arrived today. These are 32's. Good bit of play in the waist raw still. Gonna go for maximum shrinkage on these straight away (whenever that is - honestly probably 2025 or even later). 

Denim seems a touch grayer and a touch more irregular than on my recent 01's. Lovely details in the stitching compared to my 01's, pocket bags are nice too. 

0a03_1.thumb.jpg.82c3ccfb294fe9bbb6e96ab708ca8195.jpgoa03_2.thumb.jpg.d0d271bc64f5e208fc053337ae67503c.jpg

Last photo are my 01's in size 31 which I love the fit of in general and are completely comfortable now but I really had to stretch the waist out - which happened in about a few hours of wear. 0A's denim seem to stretch pretty forgivingly - can't be sure with the 03's but it feels similar enough to the 01 that I wouldn't be surprised. I've only worn the 01's a handful of times so far too and I think they will fade relatively quickly...but even these I'm not sure will be in regular rotation until next summer or fall. These are more just to show fit, the light isn't good for showing the denim. In general, this patterning feels a notch above a lot of repro's I've encountered - at least for my frame. We'll see how it all wears with time though.

oa01.thumb.jpg.47e95bfd63a93bd4c867cfb28d57103f.jpg

That's more or less exactly how mine fit me pre-wash. Those look spot-on!