allacedout

Sugar Cane Denim

Does anyone know the first fabric that SC made that contained actual SugarCane?

Were the Okinawa & Hawaii released at the same time? Were they the first?

Cool bundle of SC fibers after initial stages of Bagasse processing:

FE19D5D6-A7BF-408C-BE38-7A362DCC7CA1.jpeg

It seems like most photos of SC show the denim faded more than what they look like to the naked eye.

To encourage a faster fade, I have machine washed my Okinawa the last two times without turning them inside out. They already had 6 months of wear so a greater amount of indigo released from the usual areas and has improved contrast.

anyone have the whitesville pocket tee? how thick/warm is it? considering getting a 2 pack of the heather shirts, but been looking for a decent heather pocket t and haven’t found any that stand out. not a fan of heavier shirts that don’t breathe well so that would be a deal-breaker.

8 hours ago, wavehead said:

anyone have the whitesville pocket tee? how thick/warm is it? considering getting a 2 pack of the heather shirts, but been looking for a decent heather pocket t and haven’t found any that stand out. not a fan of heavier shirts that don’t breathe well so that would be a deal-breaker.

I don't have the pocket tee but do have the standard crew neck.

They are nice and a little on the thicker side, but nothing crazy by any means. I sized up two from my typical US sizing but wish I only sized up by one instead.

That's what I call a quality first post!
And I'm happy to see they arrived safely at their new home to a person who cares about them ;)

Posted (edited)

@Soggy

Great detailed post.

May I ask your height/weight?

All of those pants fit you perfect. They are 30W and 32W?

Edited by Pedro

@Pedro Thank you! I forgot to mention that I’m 5’9”, 175lbs. The SC40400 are both size 32 and the 1947s are size 30.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/SUGAR-CANE-1947-DENIM-JEANS-PANTS-TOYO-ENTERPRISE-33X34/133146288367?hash=item1f002320ef:g:xXUAAOSwc81dWoJD
For anyone looking for a pair of 1947s with broken arcs and tab ;)
Can't fit in them, sadly, but they're a great price and maybe one of you wants them.

@fresh1

So glad you posted these photos. Its too seldom we see the well worn and faded SC. 

@fresh1have to rep for the weenie dog.

Might be of interest to someone:

Plant-dyed Oki 32x34 on US Ebay.

2F591C98-9309-41F8-96AE-22C95B7172B0.jpeg

Posted (edited)

I found a SC sawtooth denim shirt with fantastic turquoise snaps in Medium on Grailed.

Any suggestions on where to find a SC Sawtooth online? Size L or XL ?

Thanks

EDIT:

Found one in JP.

Now I need to find a Proxy.

Edited by Pedro

Seems Sugar Cane has some American made jeans coming out. Available in a Type II as well. I am assuming it is not Cone denim though. Feel like they would advertise that if it were. 

SC41872  —  ¥248.00

Very pricey compared to SC41947.

Make America Great Again?! Really?! Hahahah 

^ Yeah, I get that accurately gauging the political climate in a different country half way around the world from a marketing perspective has gotta be pretty tough, but it's hard to not interpret that as being in pretty poor taste…

Anyway, jeans look nice. Still on the fence about whether or not I'll end up wearing my MiUSA 1955s—great jeans, but the front pocket openings are tiny, which is a sorta hard sell for me.

Price on those is a little higher than past models, but not by a crazy amount. The MiJ 1947 is just stupidly cheap.

Where exactly in the US is this pair being made?  I'm always curious when a Japanese company who traditionally does MIJ decides to venture into having USA made items.

Wherever MF gets his domestic stuff done.

probably, SF area...

3 hours ago, Foxy2 said:

Wherever MF gets his domestic stuff done.

probably, SF area...

Los Angeles area, in a Japanese owned factory.

Posted (edited)

Nothing at all wrong with the goal of “Making America Great Again” where I come from. 

But can we leave politics to other forums.

When it comes to denim, then I would say America is a very long way from Great.

Think about it.

Edited by Pedro

my old SC66 have that same patch (paper, though) – I'd imagine these are being made under the same arrangement as before

These could very well be Cone Mills if they’re listing them as dead stock

I like looking at the old models of SC on Grailed. There are often some very well used pairs and currently there is a model listed I was not familiar with.

It is possibly called “Sailor” or “65” ?

It is a dungaree cut that I really like and has an interesting back pocket with a “W” and a blank thick leather patch.

And check out those rivets. Possibly Stainless. I have a pair of Levis with aluminum rivets. They look great as the denim fades.

Cool stuff.

I wish SC would do a release of sone of their vintage items. Bring back the old buttons ;-)

4DF642B5-126C-4765-8A60-C9831E89AC74.jpeg

90006418-7638-4E2B-A43B-814A2A9C9E6C.jpeg

83EA2852-3446-4A0C-BC41-899F31762F6A.jpeg

0E93CE4D-9E18-469E-816C-CF1D2E307589.jpeg

Edited by Pedro

I think @julian-wolf has a new deadstock pair of those that he’s posted on here within the last year.

If only I was not so equitorial challenged and still had my High School 32W...Jaja!

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

I like looking at the old models of SC on Grailed. There are often some very well used pairs and currently there is a model listed I was not familiar with.

It is possibly called “Sailor” or “65” ?

It is a dungaree cut that I really like and has an interesting back pocket with a “W” and a blank thick leather patch.

And check out those rivets. Possibly Stainless. I have a pair of Levis with aluminum rivets. They look great as the denim fades.

Cool stuff.

I wish SC would do a release of sone of their vintage items. Bring back the old buttons ;-)

4DF642B5-126C-4765-8A60-C9831E89AC74.jpeg

90006418-7638-4E2B-A43B-814A2A9C9E6C.jpeg

83EA2852-3446-4A0C-BC41-899F31762F6A.jpeg

0E93CE4D-9E18-469E-816C-CF1D2E307589.jpeg

Have a link to these? I’ve been trying to find a pair of these and the size might work for me.