Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

So, after two and a half months of wear, I just realized how absurd my SC1955s fit below the knee. Can anyone help me make sense of this? The degree to which I cuff or don't cuff doesn't seem to help. They've been soaked twice (not including the initial soak) so they aren't necessarily stiff.

IMG_3261.jpg

Knee bulge/boner. It happens. Notice when you sit, the denim fits your knees and because the denim stretched to do so, when you stand back up, the denim sticks out.

Over time, the denim should get a lot softer and it'll settle a bit so that it's not so pronounced.

So, after two and a half months of wear, I just realized how absurd my SC1955s fit below the knee. Can anyone help me make sense of this? The degree to which I cuff or don't cuff doesn't seem to help. They've been soaked twice (not including the initial soak) so they aren't necessarily stiff.

A shorter inseam/higher cuff should eventually help. They're still going to stretch at the knee, but as they soften up they'll hang more rather than pucker out if the cuff isn't resting on your foot.

I find I'm happier with vintage cut jeans the less I worry about how they look. They ain't going to be perfect.

or get looser pants so its not so pronounced
or dont ever sit down.
Meh, on second thought, they look fine. I think the angle in which I took the picture made them look shittier than they actually do. Flash ruins everything.

who cares about knee bulge ?

who cares about knee buldge ?

Exactly, Beatle! I saw a guy posting in the Pure Blue Japan thread just a few days ago annoyed with knee bulge but more importantly really upset with the two creases that were underneath both of his butt-cheeks and all I could think about was how on earth someone could be that weird and how much I want I to make fun of him.

Creases developing on jeans? Is that really something to freak out about?

On a more positive note I received my size 32 Okinawa's (My other pair is a 33) and even though I did size down one from what I was wearing they fit perfectly! Of course I did a boiling hot wash to my already ONE WASH pair to make sure all the shrinking was out. After that the waist was a bit snug. It relaxed out within a few minutes.

For all you that are obsessed with sizing down this and sizing down that my perfect fitting Okinawa's are actually sized down 2 from what I should be wearing (Natural waist) given the tagged size.

Creases developing jeans? Is that really something to freak out about?

Well, superdenim does kinda feed stuff like that. There's so many competitions, and so much critiquing going on here, I think it really feeds some obsessive minds.

If I wear a 34w in s5000vx, would it be safe to assume I should wear a 34 in SC1947?

sorry for my lame question, I asked in small questions thread but got no attention.

i have 34w s5000vx as well and have 34 okinawas, they fit well and i soaked them twice, i feel like i could go down 1 size on them if i wanted though. they're a lil loose but in all the good ways

i have 34w s5000vx as well and have 34 okinawas, they fit well and i soaked them twice, i feel like i could go down 1 size on them if i wanted though. they're a lil loose but in all the good ways

cool. I think I'm gonna spring for the SC47s in a 34. all signs point to yes.

I contacted mil-mil.net about the sc47 and whether or not they come with a red tab. I was wondering because their website shows a picture with a red tab. anyways he said they don't. does anyone here know if sugar canes don't come with a red tab anymore, even in Japan?

They stopped producing them with tabs a while back. Even in 2006, when I bought my 47, they were already getting harder to find. Unless you can find some old stock, it's going to be impossible to find a new pair with a tab.

There has been a few pairs on ebay with tabs and arcs recently though, for what it's worth.

They stopped producing them with tabs a while back. Even in 2006, when I bought my 47, they were already getting harder to find. Unless you can find some old stock, it's going to be impossible to find a new pair with a tab.

There has been a few pairs on ebay with tabs and arcs recently though, for what it's worth.

oh wow. I figured they'd discontinued the tabs, but not so long ago. I'm tryin to score a pair on ebay right now.