Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

I just got that email too

$$$

I don't think it's that weird. They are the japanese repro brand with the most reach into domestic US stores as far as I know.

I'm looking to proxy a set of the SC42009 raws or one wash from Japan. At $150 before taxes shipping and proxy fees I think i'll still come up on top of the $275 that it costs in the US.

forward by revolve clothing actually carries Sugar Cane denim now, which feels kind of weird...

http://www.forwardforward.com:80/fwd/Brands.jsp?d=M&c=Sugar+Cane

Just a heads up they not only have Sugarcane Hawaii's (One Wash) but also Sugarcane Okinawa's in raw!

The price ($341) is obviously way more than other retailers but it includes free 2 day shipping and.. I just found out the coupon code TOBIINSTYLE30 gets you 30% off! That's $239 shipped!

If I hadn't already bought a pair of Okinawa's for less than that I would have just ordered them there. Everyone must hit that up ASAP as it looks like they only have one of each size.

Moving on I'm curious how the brand Sugarcane is perceived in Japan. They sell for around $18,000 yen which is cheaper than most other Japanese denim brands yet we have American retailers talking about how the Japanese worship this brand and we have Toyo marking the denim up to around $300 in the U.S.

Is it a premium brand in Japan? Is it highly revered and regarded? Is it very popular? Does all that bullshit about the Sugarcane fibers benefiting the human body because of amino acids actually matter? Should I now wash my Sugarcane's with the special Sugarcane Soap to replenish said Amino Acids so I can have that sweet smell I never really had? How many more questions can I possible ask in one large paragraph? LOUD NOISES.

some oki pics after a hand wash

dscf4944.jpg

dscf4946.jpg

dscf4945k.jpg

dscf4948s.jpg

Damn Cheap, those are some nicely faded Okis. I want to start wearing my new pair, but I have lost like 10kg, and I am afraid they won't shrink up enough unless I do my normal super-hot machine wash. However, I am a bit afraid to do it to these because of the patch. Any suggestions on how to protect it? Anyone? Anyone?

Damn Cheap, those are some nicely faded Okis. I want to start wearing my new pair, but I have lost like 10kg, and I am afraid they won't shrink up enough unless I do my normal super-hot machine wash. However, I am a bit afraid to do it to these because of the patch. Any suggestions on how to protect it? Anyone? Anyone?

honestly, why would you ask me how to protect the patch? have you seen mine? i just washed em and dried em in the machine about half the time... i couldnt tell you how many times.

Sorry, question really wasn't for you. Just commenting on how nice your fades were. Was asking anyone else how to protect it. I normally wash all my jeans in hot water and hot dry, but I was thinking if I did my 95C wash on these like it is going to take, I might have some issues. Anyway, like I say great fades.

honestly, why would you ask me how to protect the patch? have you seen mine? i just washed em and dried em in the machine about half the time... i couldnt tell you how many times.

Does anyone know if this ebay seller is legit? I'm sorry...I know it's not SC, but I couldn't find a Lee thread.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lee-Vintage-1944s-101-J-Cowboy-Denim-Jacket-Rigid-40_W0QQitemZ360197891062QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_MC_Outerwear?hash=item53dd77a3f6

I'm just looking for a inexpensive denim jacket to wear while working...any suggestions? Or opinions on this one

Thanks!

Why not do soaks and hang dry? I bet it's the dryer killing the patch.

Yeah, probably right. Well, I toned down my wash to 60C. Just put them in. Hope I get some serious shrinkage, or I will be back to copious amounts of beer and ice cream to put the weight back on... Can't let a little thing like wanting to lose weight get in the way of great fitting jeans. :D

Ditto on the positive for this seller!

Does anyone know if this ebay seller is legit? I'm sorry...I know it's not SC, but I couldn't find a Lee thread.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lee-Vintage-1944s-101-J-Cowboy-Denim-Jacket-Rigid-40_W0QQitemZ360197891062QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_MC_Outerwear?hash=item53dd77a3f6

I'm just looking for a inexpensive denim jacket to wear while working...any suggestions? Or opinions on this one

Thanks!

Thanks, Almostnice. Plus rep.

Just so everyone knows I have no problem with my patch getting used and abused. I would just like it to take that abuse at the same rate as my jeans. Didn't really want knew jeans with a destroyed patch.

shangers,my okis had some soaks and 3 machinewashes at 60°C and nothing happend to the patch at all.its just the red print on it that wears slowly away from using a belt,i think thats the main reason for a worn snakeskin patch.