Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

^^ the 66 cut might not work for you. its not a tapered cut, but a slim straight one. the 47s have too big of a hem if you loved teh 710xx

the 66 tapered one though, the one on BiG - http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=3999&category_id=&manufacturer_id=3&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28 - the cut looks like a less slim version of the 710, at least in the thighs which was the only problem spot on the 710s for me. were the regular 66's just a slim straight? i'm thinking these might be up my alley

I haven't had a pair myself yet, but i'm almost positive canes shrink down to tagged size or maybe half an inch under tagged size.

on another note, my mother is coming back from hk soon and she should be bringing me back of 66's and okinawas. o hellz yessssss!! I'm hoping the 66's are a more tapered cut, from the measurements they seem to be, but some of you guys have said its a slim straight? the measurements show atleast an inch taper from the knee down so i'm not quite sure how u guys see it...

Fullcount 0105c's are pretty sick but they have huge thighs.

1108Cs are the same denim as the 0105Cs, and the 1108s are noticably straighter and narrower, with a little bit shorter rise.

I wouldn't say the Warehouse 800s lighten up with just a couple washes. Are they lighter than my 0105s? Yes, but they were from the get go, and the FC started very dark, and still are in non-wear areas.

Looking at BiGs measurements, the 47 and 66 Sugar Cane's looks to be the exact same until you get below the knee, where the 66s are an inch narrower.

1108Cs are the same denim as the 0105Cs, and the 1108s are noticably straighter and narrower, with a little bit shorter rise.

I wouldn't say the Warehouse 800s lighten up with just a couple washes. Are they lighter than my 0105s? Yes, but they were from the get go, and the FC started very dark, and still are in non-wear areas.

Looking at BiGs measurements, the 47 and 66 Sugar Cane's looks to be the exact same until you get below the knee, where the 66s are an inch narrower.

Yea but the leg opening on the 1108's is too small for me. I like a nice classic straight leg fit. Not baggy or tight, just a classic fit. The 1108's are a little small. What about the Oni Denim Blue fit, do you know anything about them? They look like they would be a little too slubby but they look interesting. Haven't seen anything about them on here. I'm probably going to just call SE NY today and order the Oki's unless I change my mind, which I've been doing a lot.

I ordered the Oki's from SE NY so I should have them in a couple days. I went true to size and am hoping that they are smaller then tagged like on SE's site. I know some guys were sizing down but I think that would be a little too snug. Also going to order a belt, wallet, and tether from Tanner to go with them so hopefully it'll all look good together.

nicee.. I wish there were more evo pics of okinawas. I've seen like 1 or 2 only!!!

Yea I dunno why I don't see more of them around here. I guess they aren't slim enough for most people but I think the trend is going to start going away from skinny jeans and more into traditional cuts so I bet we start seeing more Sugar Canes around in the next year or so. That's my Nostradamus denim prediction.

I ordered the Oki's from SE NY so I should have them in a couple days. I went true to size and am hoping that they are smaller then tagged like on SE's site.

Boy, SE and BiG has some pretty different measurements on the Okis. BiG is labeled size, SE is one to nearly two inches smaller than labeled size.... Everything I've read is that Canes shrink to tagged size (or a little under it depending on how aggressive you get with the water and agitation), and I'd expect they'd stretch out to an inch over tagged.

I've got some raw 1947 coming that I expect tomorrow or Friday. Will be interested in seeing what a trip through the washer on cold does to them.

Boy, SE and BiG has some pretty different measurements on the Okis. BiG is labeled size, SE is one to nearly two inches smaller than labeled size.... Everything I've read is that Canes shrink to tagged size (or a little under it depending on how aggressive you get with the water and agitation), and I'd expect they'd stretch out to an inch over tagged.

I've got some raw 1947 coming that I expect tomorrow or Friday. Will be interested in seeing what a trip through the washer on cold does to them.

I trust SE much more then BIG. BIG always seems to be off by an inch in everything. My Momotaro 0201's were an inch smaller then listed. I went to BIG and tried on some PBJ 007 one washes and they were way smaller then their charts. And on Context they have the raw Oki's as being measured true to tag. So once soaked they would be smaller then tagged, which is what SE is saying. So with my experiences with BIG and both Context and SE having similar measurements I think I made the right choice.

SC 1947s came today. BiG's measurements are off. The size 38 measures 38. Should be fine though. Gave them a cold soak at lunch then hung 'em up to dry. Asked a friend to stretch the waist every half hour or so. Hopefully they've dried out a bit and by the time I get home and I can wear them while doing some yard work to stretch the waist to where I want it.

On BiG's site it lists the inseam as 37.25", and I asked them to hem them back to 35.25". They measured 36", as labeled on the patch and tag. So, I guess they weren't hemmed.

SC 1947s came today. BiG's measurements are off. The size 38 measures 38. Should be fine though. Gave them a cold soak at lunch then hung 'em up to dry. Asked a friend to stretch the waist every half hour or so. Hopefully they've dried out a bit and by the time I get home and I can wear them while doing some yard work to stretch the waist to where I want it.

On BiG's site it lists the inseam as 37.25", and I asked them to hem them back to 35.25". They measured 36", as labeled on the patch and tag. So, I guess they weren't hemmed.

See that's what I'm talking about. I don't get them. It always seems like they are a a size off in everything. I can see other measurements maybe being off but it's hard to mess the waist up that much all the time.

See that's what I'm talking about. I don't get them. It always seems like they are a a size off in everything. I can see other measurements maybe being off but it's hard to mess the waist up that much all the time.

They were right on with my 0105Cs and #800s (and Oni Reds), so I was a bit suprised about the SCs. That's okay, they should work, and since the other two jeans are a little on the big side, I wanted these ones to be tighter.

I trust SE much more then BIG. BIG always seems to be off by an inch in everything. My Momotaro 0201's were an inch smaller then listed. I went to BIG and tried on some PBJ 007 one washes and they were way smaller then their charts. And on Context they have the raw Oki's as being measured true to tag. So once soaked they would be smaller then tagged, which is what SE is saying. So with my experiences with BIG and both Context and SE having similar measurements I think I made the right choice.

I felt BIG had accurate measurements on the PBJ 007 and the Somet 018 that I purchased. I think denim measurements can vary from size to size and from pair to pair. In the end both shops offer great product. I also have to commend BIG with their free hemming service done while you wait. For someone who does not live in NYC this makes a difference for an out of town shopper.

My Okinawas came in and they are not what I was expecting at all. They look pretty bad on me. The denim is really cool but there's way more room in the thighs then I thought there would be. Either going to put them in the Supermarket or find something at SE NY that I would exchange for.

They Raw?? The shrinkage on those is no joke..... They're gonna look huge on you at first if they are.

That being said though..... If they're not your cup of tea, swap 'em out.... don't buckle to interweb peer pressure

They Raw?? The shrinkage on those is no joke..... They're gonna look huge on you at first if they are.

That being said though..... If they're not your cup of tea, swap 'em out.... don't buckle to interweb peer pressure

Na they are one wash from SE NY. The thing is I can only exchange them for whatever they have in stock at the NY store. I've never had a vintage cut before so I wanted to give it a try. I'm looking at the RJB 105BSP's.

I have a fairly athletic build. I lost a lot of weight in the past few months due to not training because of a motorcycle crash but I've still got some size. I'm 6'1" 185-190. Yea I want a straight fit. Not baggy but not slim. I don't want a real high rise either, but nothing too low. I like the fit of APC Rescues but the denim isn't cutting it. My Momotaro 0201's fit real well too. Something like that is what I'm looking for.