Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Well, I have a pair of LVC 47's from last year, tagged 36W. They stretched to a 37.5"W, big measure, and they fit perfect for my taste.

What's the stretch factor on them?

EDIT: Yeah, the tagged 36 for the Oki and Hawaii models would be WAY too small for me. The 1947 says 35.5W for the 36 tagged. If that stretched a lot it might work (like 2").

The thing is, if I size up to a 38 in the '47, they START where I would want them, so more stretching would be too big?

You'll probably want the 38. Depends on what you're using to determine that you're a 36....

I'm a pretty true 33, and wear 34's in all the Sugar Cane's I've ever owned.

im a pretty small guy, but i went down 1 on my okis and i dont regret the fit at all. it was snugged enough to make bruise marks on my hips, but after a couple wears, it went to a good fit. I don't have big thighs, and the last time i got a size 29 O/W SC1947 was a little too relax for my liking although some people would say it was a workable fit.

im a pretty small guy, but i went down 1 on my okis and i dont regret the fit at all. it was snugged enough to make bruise marks on my hips, but after a couple wears, it went to a good fit. I don't have big thighs, and the last time i got a size 29 O/W SC1947 was a little too relax for my liking although some people would say it was a workable fit.

You sized DOWN?! Yeah, there's no way I could get into a 34 in the Oki's. It looks like the Oki's and Hawaii's run an inch smaller in Waist then the standard 47's?

Thanks for the advice guys, I appreciate it...

^ pfft, they said it was, but i dont remember if it was true. if it was, i didn't care. the waist is right on the spot and i couldn't be happier. but if you have big thighs then def. size accordingly.

Ok, when you said you sized down, did you mean from the tagged size or the measured size? 'Cause it seems like the measured is already a size down from the tag...

so I was reading blue in greens descriptions in their news/updates thing and I was thinkin about the made in USA collection.

If it really is made in the USA, does anyone know who makes them? It must be some sort of contracted company, similar to LVC's Caitac and formerly taylor toggs.

also, whats the deal with the "14oz Special American original selvage denim" used on the 1966? Is it white oak cone denim? is it vintage?

I'm just curious.

yup I've definitely had the suspicion for a while that the type II's would be a perfect cut...but there is so little on actual fits on here so I wouldn't mind pics either!

i'm picking them up tonight. not sure if i can post pics but it's very similar to the samurai s0500 but slightly narrower, the denim's a lot lighter too. (12oz)

i have a pair of type IIs in indigo. very nice texture. haven't worm em much yet, still trying to break in my STFs

they fit similar to the 510XX. denim is a bit lighter and MUCH less stiff than the sams

unfortunately i dont have a camera to take fit pics with.. POS broke last week and I had to return it