Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Sugarcane Hawaii 30x32 Worn 1.5 years one hot soak, two washes

Always a bit too small for me, so I gave them to my bro for his birthday after the second washing, but snapped these pics real quick before I sent 'em out...sorry for the low quality...

First pic is with flash, and the rest are in flat natural light...

IMG_1977.jpg

IMG_1980.jpg

IMG_1984.jpg

IMG_1990.jpg

IMG_1992.jpg

this is probably a stupid post..

but i just realized the my front pockets are made from selvage fabric

web.jpg?ver=12560007650001

I don't if many people here know it, but most fabric comes with a selvedge line. Some are open ended, but it is pretty easy to come across true selvedge fabrics.

didn't know that.. thanks for the heads up, coz I don't see it in my S5000VX, T5-002, and SD106

Just because you don't see the selvage line on fabric does not mean the fabric was not selvage. The problem with putting selvage accents on jeans or garments in general, when they are not needed, is that you run the risk of wasting a lot of the fabric because you are only using the selvage edges.

total noob question from me: Is all 301 Okinawa denim LHT? I just now realized that all of it on my MFSC stuff is.

total noob question from me: Is all 301 Okinawa denim LHT? I just now realized that all of it on my MFSC stuff is.
Rainbow okinawas are RHT.

So besides the rainbow okinawas, all other okinawas are LHT? Weird... There's no mention of this at all on BiG and Selfedge websites.

So besides the rainbow okinawas, all other okinawas are LHT? Weird... There's no mention of this at all on BiG and Selfedge websites.

I am not sure about other okinawas. I own a pair of Rainbow okinawas, and they are RHT. My mister freedom CPO is LHT. I am guessing that all other okinawas are LHT as well, but I could be wrong.

I am not sure about other okinawas. I own a pair of Rainbow okinawas, and they are RHT. My mister freedom CPO is LHT. I am guessing that all other okinawas are LHT as well, but I could be wrong.

my regular okinawas are LHT. lol, i thought all okinawas were LHT.

I went true to size in my Sugarcane 66 and they are a slimish regular fit. I could have maybe gone up a size for a slightly roomier fit, but I don't think you necessarily need to size up.

I hot washed them and hung dry, so they would probably shrink more if I dried them on hot. I'm pretty sure the O/W on the SE site have been machine dried, so that might account for the discrepancy in measurements.

Mr Haga, my raw 1947s measure tagged size (38, 2" smaller than listed on BiG's site). I assume the 66s are the same. I only did a half hour cold soak with them, then hung them up to dry and kept stretching the waist as they dried so they're still 38". I'm going to have to be careful with washing and drying these, because I can't wear them much smaller than they are.

Xpost from evo thread

7.5 months Sugar Cane Union Stars

3 soaks in total

overall, the lap fading and whiskers are more prominent than a month ago (feel free to dig out my old posts), some electric blue are starting to show specks of white.. almost half of the star on the left pocket is completely disintegrated while it was still some thread there a month ago

web.jpg?ver=12567046780001

web.jpg?ver=12567047060001

web.jpg?ver=12567047130001

web.jpg?ver=12567047280001

left star is half gone, but you can still see the outline of the star from the fading

web.jpg?ver=12567047460001

web.jpg?ver=12567050350001