Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Crosspost from the small questions thread:

Has anyone here bought this Sugar Cane shirt:

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=931

I'm trying to find one but am clueless about sizing (the shoulders seem insanely small) and all i can find on rakuten is a shirt with the same number, but made in cotton.

No, but it looks awesome!

Here are my SC 1955s. A little less than three months with three hot soaks. They're fading fairly slowly but they're coming along. I predict a nice looking "vintage" fade in a couple of months. Weird how the whiskers are more pronounced on one side.

Levels adjusted to accurately show color:

IMG_3293.jpg

IMG_3292.jpg?t=1258499912

IMG_3289.jpg

And an awful fit pic:

IMG_3285.jpg

Guest devil.beside.you

x-post. Rainbow okis, one-wash

There aren't enough Cane pics out there -

Quick teaser, with reaaaaaal bad pictures from my phone in my washroom. No editing done to them whatsoever

Dont know how many months, don't know how many washes, just wore them n enjoyed em

Canes1.jpg

IMAG0007.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg

Guest devil.beside.you

bunga, you told me to keep you updated like....months ago rofl

here they are for you, the rainbow okis

@sell veg. I can tell you how they fit, but not whether or not they are more or a 47 or a 66 since I haven't had either - hopefully this will help... The jeans aren't slim at all, lots of room in the thighs - and I have huge thighs - very high rise, with a cinchback means its' going to create an ass for you, even if you don't have one. The calf area of the jeans are big as well, large leg opening.

My friend has the raw version, and I think that getting the one wash version (the ones I have posted above) is more beneficial for this pair, why? the onewash denim allows for much more vintage subtle fades, and its much more comfortable. My friend's raw pair has much more contrasty combs, but I find that the cut of the okis makes it look weird. The way that sugarcane denim fades really benefits from the one-wash, imo

If raw was always the better option, I don't think companies would bother making a one-wash. That just increases the cost of the product

i never understood the whole sugar cane raw vs one wash thing....

if u buy sugar cane raws....u have to soak them right? thus making them one wash. sooo like other than to aid in sizing whats the difference?

With raw you can can control the shrinkage. For instance, if you want the inseam to remain longer you can tug on the legs while your raw pair is drying from its soak to keep it from shrinking as much. Also useful for keeping the waist bigger.

i never understood the whole sugar cane raw vs one wash thing....

if u buy sugar cane raws....u have to soak them right? thus making them one wash. sooo like other than to aid in sizing whats the difference?

The one wash from SC is really harsh and makes the denim really soft.

You won't get very contrasting fades.

^The raw sugar canes aren't sanforized so you'll have to do an initial soak to get a correct fit. As said above, your own soak is for sure a lot smoother than an industrial "one-wash". The 47's are huge e.g. so I would get them at least true to size or one size down. They'll shrink to tagged size.

My friend has the raw version, and I think that getting the one wash version (the ones I have posted above) is more beneficial for this pair, why? the onewash denim allows for much more vintage subtle fades, and its much more comfortable.

There's no real difference. If you wash your raw at the same temperature etc as the factory-washed jeans you will end up with the same result.

Buying raw gives you more options (none of them crucial) but more importanlty gives you that psychologically-rewarding ritual at the beginning, which will make you imagine your fades are better, even if they ain't.

hey devil, you have the rainbow okis in w32 correct? what's the measurements in cm when you got them? there's conflicting measurements, some sites says 77cm while others is 82cm, i need at least a 80cm.

thanks.

bunga, you told me to keep you updated like....months ago rofl

here they are for you, the rainbow okis

@sell veg. I can tell you how they fit, but not whether or not they are more or a 47 or a 66 since I haven't had either - hopefully this will help... The jeans aren't slim at all, lots of room in the thighs - and I have huge thighs - very high rise, with a cinchback means its' going to create an ass for you, even if you don't have one. The calf area of the jeans are big as well, large leg opening.

My friend has the raw version, and I think that getting the one wash version (the ones I have posted above) is more beneficial for this pair, why? the onewash denim allows for much more vintage subtle fades, and its much more comfortable. My friend's raw pair has much more contrasty combs, but I find that the cut of the okis makes it look weird. The way that sugarcane denim fades really benefits from the one-wash, imo

If raw was always the better option, I don't think companies would bother making a one-wash. That just increases the cost of the product

Guest devil.beside.you

@bunga

They were size 33

I hate do disappoint you, but I didn't take any measurements when I got them. Truth be told, I think with these jeans you shouldn't worry about the sizing. 2 things -

if you're worried that it will get too lose, a lot of people in japan wear there jeans loose - thats how they get those great vintage fades!

If you're worried about it being to small, my canes stretch a fair bit

@jstavrin. I don't have the link, but he has a personal blog called letsgoasyoulike or soemthign like that

his superfuture name is Ryu, and you can find the link in one of the denim washing threads, his signature will link you to the site.

The initial buzz from my understanding was that Ryu washed his jeans very frequently, but got great fades. At the time, this forum had a lot of nudies (inferior product for many) which promoted the idea that you needed to wash very infrequently to get good fades...there was some serious debate rofl

goodluck