Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

OK, then it's not the BKB model...it has a black/black weft while the BK had the White weft. Still a nice pair.

Perhaps the photo isn't correct then; the tag at Take 5 said BKB, but it's still probably an older lot.

In other news, I was seriously eying up the 0500xx there; I'll likely get it for DWC.

It very well could be haha; for example, did anyone post about last fall's Take 5 x Samurai collaboration (and the reason for store event I went to ther)?

S5000BKB was last year but I am sure you saw 710BKB when you say you did.

Could always be a Take5 collab we didn't notice?! :)

It very well could be haha; for example, did anyone post about last fall's Take 5 x Samurai collaboration (and the reason for store event I went to there)?

http://take5tw.pixnet.net/blog/post/393742868-samurai-jeans-x-take5-å°åŒ—店åˆä½œè¤²æ¬¾-

Samurai x Take5 collaborations have their own unique model numbers, like any other Samurai collaboration.

I guess the reason why nobody mentioned the specific event is that the specific pair of jeans is apparently of little interest around here - even in the form of the regular release you don't see it mentioned...

Hey, I am looking into a pair of the S710 19oz, but can't decided between the sz 36 and 38. The smallest waist I can comfortably go is 37.5 (maybe 37.3-4ish, but have a pair of Red Clouds that are 37.25 and get uncomfortable if I sit for longer periods), and would rather not exceed 38. According to BiG, the 38 is 39.75 which would be way too big (but maybe after a hot soak and not too much stretching should stay around 38), and the sz 36 is 37.5 which is borderline, but it seems the waist does stretch back to pre-soak.

Broak was nice enough to measure his sz36 710OG's for me right after a wash(so no stretching really),  (hope you don't mind me posting them, if not let me know!) 

Waist: 18 in.

Front rise: 11.75 in.

Back rise: 15.75 in.

Thigh: 13 in.

Knee: 9 in.

Hem: 8.5

Inseam: Hemmed to 32 in.

The knee is a bit small but other than that it looks perfect. But these are the OG's and after reading this thread a bit, it seems they run a bit bigger in the waist. What do you guys think? Test my luck with the 36's? I was thinking of emailing Yuichi, and seeing if he could measure a couple of 36/38s for me and then going with either the largest raw 36 or smallest raw 38. I was also probably going to cold soak as well.

what are the differences between 'lot's on samurai series?

are there any differences between details, fabric, or anything else?

I'm curious, in here it's like that 'lot' detail and number seems to be taken quite seriously, while I only understand those numbers as the batch number that changes every year.. hehe

Samurai x Take5 collaborations have their own unique model numbers, like any other Samurai collaboration.

I guess the reason why nobody mentioned the specific event is that the specific pair of jeans is apparently of little interest around here - even in the form of the regular release you don't see it mentioned...

I guess it is an acquired taste; looking back my wording seemed a bit snarky. I should probably stop posting from iPhone because I don't review my posts on it.  :ph34r:

what are the differences between 'lot's on samurai series?

are there any differences between details, fabric, or anything else?

I'm curious, in here it's like that 'lot' detail and number seems to be taken quite seriously, while I only understand those numbers as the batch number that changes every year.. hehe

Lot = year, and with some models fabric will change or minor things, but for most part stay the same. 

I agree with the acquired taste statement - certainly not a bad pair of jeans, but like some other pairs nothing for some of purists out here...

Lot = year, and with some models fabric will change or minor things, but for most part stay the same.

I understood it identifies a new batch of a specific denim - the lot number itself being aligned with the year since Samurai only issues new lots per style once a year.

Not every model gets reproduced every year, but all reproduced models within the same year year (with a new, fresh batch of denim) will have the same new lot number.

Hey, I am looking into a pair of the S710 19oz, but can't decided between the sz 36 and 38. The smallest waist I can comfortably go is 37.5 (maybe 37.3-4ish, but have a pair of Red Clouds that are 37.25 and get uncomfortable if I sit for longer periods), and would rather not exceed 38. According to BiG, the 38 is 39.75 which would be way too big (but maybe after a hot soak and not too much stretching should stay around 38), and the sz 36 is 37.5 which is borderline, but it seems the waist does stretch back to pre-soak.

Broak was nice enough to measure his sz36 710OG's for me right after a wash(so no stretching really),  (hope you don't mind me posting them, if not let me know!) 

Waist: 18 in.

Front rise: 11.75 in.

Back rise: 15.75 in.

Thigh: 13 in.

Knee: 9 in.

Hem: 8.5

Inseam: Hemmed to 32 in.

The knee is a bit small but other than that it looks perfect. But these are the OG's and after reading this thread a bit, it seems they run a bit bigger in the waist. What do you guys think? Test my luck with the 36's? I was thinking of emailing Yuichi, and seeing if he could measure a couple of 36/38s for me and then going with either the largest raw 36 or smallest raw 38. I was also probably going to cold soak as well.

I'd write Yuichi. The OG had a larger waist, but felt smaller in the thigh than the XX. So I wouldn't risk sizing down. Only valid fo size 34, so it's best to write somebody who can measure your pair.

About the Lot#:

It’s all correct what have been said. New year = new lot#. Usually the jeans (basic models) don’t change but there can be minor differences.

The first confusion was with Lot.10 where the jeans measured smaller than the previous lot# (I think Lot.10 were shrink FROM tag in Lot.10 rather than shrink TO tag size like in the older lots). Then from Lot.10 to Lot.11 they changed the letter on the red tab from white to silver and the backside of the buttons were now engraved. From Lot.12 to Lot.13N they changed the design and color of the back pocket arcs (all black…or they didn’t have any arcs?! Can’t remember right now. Because of Levi's lawsuit). Lot.13N was very short living and they changed to Lot.13 with normal colored arcs but still the new design. I think from Lot.13 onwards to Lot.18 this year there wasn’t much change.

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

I'd write Yuichi. The OG had a larger waist, but felt smaller in the thigh than the XX. So I wouldn't risk sizing down. Only valid fo size 34, so it's best to write somebody who can measure your pair.

Yeah, good idea. I'll just shoot Yuichi an email and see if he can measure a few pairs for me. Thanks!

i still do hope to find some pairs of older lots with the older arcs as keep sake. probably brand new too if i can find one.

edit: just to add on. i'm sure that with the different lots, even though it may be the same fabric, that the feeling wouldnt be the same from year to year due to different harvest from the cotton. i'm not sure how to explain it. but when you feel it, you can tell...

Edited by louisbosco

Okay I should have added that: the denim feels and looks different from different Lot#. I don't wanna say that this is true for every Lot-change but it can be noticed. But I would say that is a typical variation between production runs of a fabric and maybe has also to do with the cotton itself.

Happy first birthday to my 710xx!

qGnhrTm.png

JpAc1uT.png

VmgPy2G.png

If anyone was wondering why I haven't appeared on the DWC - heres your answer... I still might enter just in the spirit of solidarity but I think it's clear there will be no prizes with my name on them! Please be assured I have no problem with this - enjoying every minute of the journey regardless.

edit: just to add - thanks to everyone on this thread and forum for your help and support so far. Its been emotional. Lol.

Edited by Artisandenim

^

Looking great Flo

I just pulled the trigger on the S510OG 16oz AK in a size 32. 

I'm so unsure of the size???!!! 

My S510XX 25oz 15th are a size 34, and they are HUGE on me. Very very comfy obviously. A 33 would be just fine, but I thought I could even go down to a 32 and still be OK. The size charts that I looked at are not consistent, and even the washed size charts have the measurements varying. UUGGHHH!!!!! 

My thought is that this denim being mid-weight, and looks like a somewhat loose, slightly irregular weave in the pics, so it will stretch back to raw measurement in the waist, and possibly a bit bigger. Depending on how they fit when I get them will determine how I wash them (hot or cold). 

If anyone's got thoughts on size, I've still got a chance to confirm the order w/ 2nd and possibly change the size. Please chime in!!! Cheers! mpp

I heard from Take5 that the sizing for S510OG16oz-AK was off - when inquired for a size W32 they told name that theirs was measuring just 31" (raw, unsoaked). Usually, I would expect a Samurai W32 to measure 32-33" before soaking.

Now, I don't know if this is just one pair being off in sizing or the entire run of this model, but I would definitely order from somebody how can give reconfirmed the measurements and/or will accept returns. Most likely you should go up 1 or 2 from your standard Samurai size.

... A good thing to remember is the og series, waist is oversized compared.

If this is true for the S510OG 16oz then I'll be fine with a 32. 

I heard from Take5 that the sizing for S510OG16oz-AK was off - when inquired for a size W32 they told name that theirs was measuring just 31" (raw, unsoaked). Usually, I would expect a Samurai W32 to measure 32-33" before soaking.

Now, I don't know if this is just one pair being off in sizing or the entire run of this model, but I would definitely order from somebody how can give reconfirmed the measurements and/or will accept returns. Most likely you should go up 1 or 2 from your standard Samurai size.

@Foxy2 you're making me nervous, lol. 

waist measurements I found on-line; 

2nd (washed): 81-83 cm 

Aikidou (washed): 81-83 cm 

Frisbee (unwashed): 85 cm ; 4-6 cm shrinkage expected

BiG (unwashed): 32.5"; 3-5% shrinkage expected 

I'm fairly comfortable assuming BiG measures the actual jeans they have in their store, and their measurements are accurate. 

I think Frisbee may measure the actual jeans, because their measurements are (slightly) different than the others.

It appears 2nd and Aikidou are using a washed size chart from Samurai as their measurements are EXACTLY the same as Samurai's. 

And I wonder if Samurai's size chart is accurate for this particular lot, or if it's a standard size chart for the 510 across the board. 

If the measurements above are accurate - and the denim stretches after being washed, as every pair of raw unsanforized I have/had, I should be fine in a 32. 

2nd and Aikidou took the standard Samurai chart which is NOT adjusted to new bactehs, different, denims. So that one is always risky to trust.

Frisbee measures the inner circumfence if I remember correctly. So a different method.

BiG measures the actual pair but from my expereince, their measurements are usually 1" bigger in the waist compared to the jeans I measured with their method and compared to their charts. Maybe the stretch out the jeans like mad when measuring.