Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Hey jeffrx, interested to hear your thoughts on the chinos you purchased.

What size did you end up going with? And if you've got time for measurements I'd like to see 'em.

Still really considering these, I think the 3Sixteen SL-44X would be too slim through the thigh based on their measurements.

What size did you end up going with? And if you've got time for measurements I'd like to see 'em.

Still really considering these, I think the 3Sixteen SL-44X would be too slim through the thigh based on their measurements.

I ended up going with the 40 since they run small.  I am a 38 and the 40 fits pretty well.  I gave them a warm soak to try to get them to shrink just a bit.  They are a little more relaxed fitting than I would prefer, but still pretty good.  The look of the fabric is what makes them special. 

I'm traveling for work this week, but I can measure when I get home next week (yes, I am traveling without the chinos).  

Just picked up a pair of S003JP. I'm curious, these are my first Samurai's and I'm not too sure what to expect when I soak them. Right now I tried them on for all of 5 minutes and found that they fit great, but if they shrink a lot when soaked I'm worried they'll be too tight around my thighs. As is, they really can't shrink any in the thigh department. Any recommendations?

Just picked up a pair of S003JP. I'm curious, these are my first Samurai's and I'm not too sure what to expect when I soak them. Right now I tried them on for all of 5 minutes and found that they fit great, but if they shrink a lot when soaked I'm worried they'll be too tight around my thighs. As is, they really can't shrink any in the thigh department. Any recommendations?

To me it sounds like you should size up. I have no experience with s003jp but my 710xx shrank alot.

OK, so I have a size 40.  Here are the measurements, as taken by me, after 1 warm soak:

Waist: 38

Front rise: 12

Thigh 2 inches down: 13

Knee: about 10.5

Leg opening: about 9.5

Inseam: About 34

Amazing shots Flo.

I love the first pic with the 2 awesome back pockets.

Perfect shots to compare them

IMG_23511_zpssyhgpd7o.jpg

What's up SuFu, I dont post here often, but I've always had an eye out for this thread and i figured it's about time to drop a line.

But anyway, here's my DTWC fit: Samurai S522XX 25oz x IH-BO1sbgII

This Samurai Jacket is my entry piece into Samruai and it's by far the most impressive piece of clothing I own and easily one of the best purchases I've made ever.

Nice! First person I've seen with this jacket. Will be interesting to see how much wear you'll get with it in the hotter months. had mine for over year now, and finally softened up, and showing some nice character, she definitely takes a lot of work.

Just hit 2 years and so thrashed:

They had their 18th wash two days ago, but the right leg is just too stained to ever look clean again. These have been a great ride with really hard wear for two years. I've skied in them over 100 times, climbed the world's tallest freestanding mountain - Mount Kilimanjaro - in them, and even got engaged in them. 1 month to go in HWDC2!

I admire your incredible trashing potential you can give to a jeans.

My 25 oz IH jeans are still looking brand new after almost 700 wear days in a row compared to your impressing denim evolution results seen here.

Do you were them as work pants on construction sites mostly?

Those jeans have reached the Holy Grail Status by far!!

Keep them alive for ever!

They deserve it

I admire your incredible trashing potential you can give to a jeans.

My 25 oz IH jeans are still looking brand new after almost 700 wear days in a row compared to your impressing denim evolution results seen here.

Do you were them as work pants on construction sites mostly?

Those jeans have reached the Holy Grail Status by far!!

Keep them alive for ever!

They deserve it

I'm just a bioengineer in a laboratory! However, I am very active. Like I said, I've climbed a lot of mountains in them, skied in them 100 times (under snow pants most times). I also play a round of disc golf in them almost everyday at lunch, as my lab is across the street from a course. I think the skiing has beaten them in more than anything. And yeah, I'll never throw them away. Who knows, though... maybe they could eventually end up in your museum? Once my underwear shows too much through the holes, I'll probably have to stop wearing them. Haha.

Nice! First person I've seen with this jacket. Will be interesting to see how much wear you'll get with it in the hotter months. had mine for over year now, and finally softened up, and showing some nice character, she definitely takes a lot of work.

I have it too if you recall, just too fat these days to fit into anything  :(

I have it too if you recall, just too fat these days to fit into anything  :(

Ahhh, forgive me. I have an awful memory, and don't see you posting around here much so totally forgot. 

Brad, props for actually wearing your clothes.

It looks good, but the fading seems to be affected by how heavy it is... anyone else notice that most heavy denim seems to age very similarly?

What do you mean regarding how it is affected? But I do understand what you mean about how it ages. I mostly got it because I was living a city that got some pretty brutal cold, and wanted it to layer with.

@KrisB & @Bradl - that 552XX 25oz 15th jacket is great. 

I have the S510XX 25oz 15th jeans, and love the denim. 

If I was more up to speed with the denim world a year ago+, I may have gotten that jacket instead of the SExIH22 Type III.