Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

@MrWest - like someone else said earlier - turn the jeans inside out and check the inseam, about 14-16" down from the crotch. If they were tapered, you should be able to see where the new lock stitching meets the original lock stitching at where the fabric was cut.

This is not the seam joining the two pieces of fabric - it's the lock stitching on the cut end of the fabric to keep it from fraying. The inseam may have been completely removed and redone from crotch to hem so that it's continuous. This is how Rail Car tapered a pair of RJB's for me. 

The hem on my S510XX 25oz is 8.75" after a couple of hot washes and hot dries (i got a size too big and tried to shrink them AMAP). 

Thanks guys. First day wearing them today. 

They fit really nice. They're already stretched a pretty good amount in the waist, and starting to settle in the butt. I'll post some good fit pics in a week or two, once they seem all stretched and a little softer. Even though I did;t realize when I got them that they were tapered, I'm glad they are, because I really don't have a nice-fitting pair of tapered jeans. 

I just got a pair of SC Okinawas from someone on the Supermarket, which will be great as a classic straight leg cut when I want one, and I have my 3009s, which are sort of in between.

Just google for S0500XX and for S710XX (with or without the S ).

You will find plenty of pictures of those models and the S0500XX uses the 15oz denim and the S710XX uses the 19oz denim.

Thanks very much.

The 19oz seems to be a little more pleasing imo.  Higher contrast.  Maybe not quite as blue?  It's of course hard to tell with so many different camera and lighting situations.

You are right about the camera settings and lighting. But in general the 19oz denim is easier to fade with higher contrast (that is why so many people buy them) and have a very greyish tint to the fades. The 15oz denim takes a bit longer and usually doesn’t get that high contrast.

But you have also to consider that the fades are also affected by the cut. Since the 710 is slimmer (resulting in more friction) than the 510 cut, your 510XX19oz probably won’t get that drastic fading in the same time.

MaxPower can tell you more about it as he has fades the 19oz denim in the 710 cut and in a  wider cut.

Thanks bf and Foxy!

I really need to get a pair of denim in that color.  Such a cool dying technique... and i don't wear my denim jacket with my jeans (too monochromatic), and I'm tired of wearing my crappy khakis with my denim jacket... I'm itchin' for these now!!! haha

do you seasoned vets know how they differ from this

pair? 

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=10921&category_id=&manufacturer_id=10&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=62&vmcchk=1

ie. color or cut?

:)

Edit:  Foxy just saw you had a pair of these in a size 33!  Do you still?  Could you give measurements?  If they run a little big and they're a straight cut, they could very well work for me... I'd need them to be at about a 32 post wash on the size 32 though :/

Edited by itsbenhere

Take a look at my post here:

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/3533-the-evolution-of-jeans-pictures-scones-and-tea/page-849#entry3062862

Although this is the 21oz, it's the same camera, lighting, etc

Thanks!  

I ordered the 19oz from 2nd today.  This confirms my choice.  Hope they followup with me soon...twiddling thumbs...first time on rakuten.

Oh wow...shit...i need to take a good look at the measurements!

do you seasoned vets know how they differ from this

pair?

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=10921&category_id=&manufacturer_id=10&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=62&vmcchk=1

ie. color or cut?

:)

Edit: Foxy just saw you had a pair of these in a size 33! Do you still? Could you give measurements? If they run a little big and they're a straight cut, they could very well work for me... I'd need them to be at about a 32 post wash on the size 32 though :/

The differences to the BiG version are:

- different lots, BiG is the more recent version/edition

- the more recent edition being made of a heavier, more even 24oz denim with the color going more into pink and flesh colored tones

- the old, Lot.07 (2005) version is made of a lighter, 17oz denim being very slubby

Check this: http://www.samurai-j.com/lineup/jeans/s5000ka/

Still have my pair in W33 (soaked and lightly worn) - will try to give you the current measurements over the next few days...

Edited by Foxy2

got called out in the how do jeans fit thread for bumping it up without pics so i took new pics tonight. figured i would share them here too

all fits can be found here

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/7076-how-do-jeans-fit-description-and-pictures/page-127#entry3145858

S5000 TTS size 30

5000_zpsae65736e.jpg

S0500 size 29 size down one

0500_zps2093020f.jpg

Edited by chantheman

Hey Foxy, while you're around could you share with me your thoughts on the SJ42CP?

Been looking at them for what seems like forever and I feel like I might be ready to order a pair.

Looking at BiG's size chart the new run is about an inch bigger that previously, which is still an inch under tagged size.

My only concern with the cut is the rise which seems quite low. I'd really appreciate any info!