Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Assuming you're talking about the 15oz Texas cotton version, I would say 2 inches in the inseam, plus maybe another half inch with repeated washes. My pair has only had 3 washes, but the fit has slimmed and shrunk just a bit more after each one. I would hem maybe an inch longer than you're planning to accommodate for that extra shrinkage.

So my first pair of Samurais are dry after their first hot wash.  S510XX 19oz.  All measurements are BiG style.

Pre-wash:

Waist - 38"

Thigh - 15"

Knee - 11"

Opening - 10"

Rise - 13"

Inseam - 39"

Post-wash:

Waist - 37"

Thigh - 14.25"

Knee - 10.25"

Opening - 9.5"

Rise - 12.5"

Inseam - 36.5"

Should I put these through another hot wash?  How much more am I likely to get out of them?

Edited by tylernim

I'm feeling the same thing a bit on my 710OG's Warakia.

Not with the pocket bags, but just other threads popping on my jeans.

First with the stitching around the pockets and now a belt loop.

Yeah had to put some contact cement on front and back of threads on pockets. Every day a new section would be falling apart, then seat has gotten quite worse, and my hem has majorly deteroiated. Kind of lame.

^^^Mondo

You have awesome stuff at your place!!!

Love them!!!'

This issue with thread breaking is very disheartening to me. I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on a new pair of jeans, and Sam 510OG are at the top of the list, yet the thread thing is keeping me from doing it. Whether it's $200  or $600 for a pair of jeans, the last thing that should be breaking is the thread. 

^^ the jeans won't fall apart, but you will have to account for some minor stitches you cn do yourself every 6-8 weeks. I think that's acceptable for a unique pair of denim. But that's just my opinion.

So I'm still not 100% sure, is the thread on the OGs failing faster than other Samurai's or is it the same? I'm still planning on getting a S5000VX soon (my bank account has to get some breathing room first and I have to stop buying random shirts and shit :D) but the whole thread discussion that popped up here recently makes me kinda think twice. On the other hand, I'm not a hard wearer and they'll enter a rotation anyways.

On that note, I'm dead set on the S5000 cut but I'm not certain about the denim yet. I handled the 21oz thanks to artisandenim and it's very nice. How does it stack up in terms of "interesting-ness" compared to the 17 and 15oz? The less uniform the denim, the better...