Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Maybe you can give us your size and the measurements of your pair, then somebody could compare. I think I remember b_f stating the sizing changed a bit over the years.

Just heard back from Yuichi - the 710 BKB will be realeased in May. A bit late for me, I was hoping for them to show up earlier.

So I have had the 711's for about ten days and thought I would post my measurements 

Pre-soak Waist 37, Thigh 22, Knee 20, Hem 8.25 Front Rise 11 Back Rise 15

Post-Soak Waist 36, Thigh 21,Knee 18, Hem 7.75, Front Rise 10.75, Back Rise 14.5

Can someone tell me why there are two different measurements on them? The back leather says size 36, is what I ordered. The white tag inside the jeans around the waist says 38. Sorry if this is a noob question this is my first pair of Samurais and I haven't been able to find an answer online.

YQRmudi_zpsd893025e.jpg

Hello there,

Just got a pair of s510OG, I hesitated between 34 and 35, finally went for the latter to be safer with the thighs.

After two bath soaks I think 34 would have been ok but I'm less sure about the global fit (I prefer a small pinch of baggy).

The only problems right now (for what I see) are the folds around the front rise and the space in the buttocks. (bump right on the coccyx)

Will it disappear as stiffness goes off or should I do a machine wash ? Or is it really too big ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Here the pics :

i-8n5CrQw-XL.jpg

i-MkRPH8C-XL.jpg

i-4xBXfWT-XL.jpg

Does anyone have any info on the S0100XJ's? I have only seen them on Rakuten. http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/2nd/item/sj-s0100xj/?s-id=borderless_browsehist_en With the cinch waist where it is it possible to wear a belt with? I think the page says they are indigo indigo, but I don't really trust the translation. 

^^ Did you get much shrinkage? I machine washed my 500 OG twice (but only at 40 °C) and feel like they don't shrink much and stretch back pretty easily. Still, I think you might get a bit more shrinkage as just from tub soaking and the fit will get better as they get softer.

Good thing: the OG keep their colour pretty well, so you might just go with a 60°C wash to see how much shrinkage you get, it will also help to get rid of the starch.

Edited by Max Power

Thanks for the response.

Yes and no, the values say no but putting on the pair, the difference is huge.

Pre/post soak :

(only 4 measurements but by BiG standards)

Waist : 45/44 cm

Thigh : 34.5/33.7 cm

Leg opening : 24/23.5 cm

Inseam : 94.8/90 cm (hemmed 6cm pre soak, so according to Samurai's official length (89-91) they're really hard to shrink.)

How much time should I machine wash ?

try to use a background which is around a mid tone like concrete that should give you a more even exposure, your background is too dark which makes the camera over compensate, you could also try to change the exposure compensation down a stop which would give the same result as a mid tone background

Edited by fat slub

I know that the thread is cotton, and not as strong as other brands but man I am getting a lot of sloppy stitching, or just bum thread. Seem to see thread pulling out of multiple areas. I am fine with all the loose stitching, minus the one right in the crotch area, luckily it's the inside stitch, and not the outside. But as you can see with the patch, on the left side, they just failed to stitch the corners entirely. Kind of disappointed, but complaints are only minor.

Also the thread Yuchi uses to hem is incredibly thin, and the insides of the hem is all missing stitching because it breaks so easily. Will just get it hemmed above were it is starting to tear, right on the fold

X9NOR8d.jpgVNmYz5Q.jpg0deuPWO.jpgBHZO0UV.jpg

I'm noticing the same thing Bradl, my right front pocket stitching is starting to unravel a bit as well as the inseam near the crotch.

Not quite as extensive as your pair yet, but I think it's inevitable and will happen eventually to my pair as well.

I just started noticing mine in the last few days, and I've been wearing them pretty consistently since maybe September or October?

I tend to have a hard time keeping track of wear time since I don't think much about it.

About how many months in did you guys start to notice the deterioration?

I've been noticing mine for a few months, probably two.

Hopefully this is the full extent of this..

Edited by bradl

How have you guys with broken stitches washed your jeans?

Mine have yet to be washed, as I've only started wearing them around thanksgiving. Just two agitated soaks initially. It makes me wonder if this is a production issue with the OG series.

I don't know if I would go as far as to say that the stitching is faulty.

Here's the only two problem areas I've seen on my pair.

The stitching on the front pocket hasn't broken all the way yet (it's right near the left side of the pocket).

I do already have a small blowout developing that I can foresee being an issue down the road.

hyrhWVx.jpg?2

gzoT8b3.jpg?2

So which is bigger in the thigh? 710OGs or 710XX? According to BiG if I get a tag size 30, the thigh is .25 larger with a slightly smaller hem as well. From what I gather, some people say the top block on the OGs are smaller too. Can anyone with both the XX and OG confirm? I'm mainly concerned with the thigh size.