SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Does anyone have Flatheads and ride a bike a lot?...I just picked up some 1001s from SE and I absolutely love them, but there is an awkwardly strip of wear from my saddle seat. I've only been wearing them for about 2 weeks and is SUPER worn. Should I be wearing these while biking every day. I am scared its going to look like a bright white stripe down my asscrack transitioning to my "taint" region.

I'm in the exact same position as you. I bought my 1001s, started wearing them while riding (2 miles to campus, couple trips a day + on campus riding so about 10 miles a day) A few mornings ago I looked down and noticed some fading on my ass so I'm a bit worried now. I guess the wear just shows what you do, but it still might look kind of awkward. Guess I'll have to stand.

are there any decent high rise slim fits anyone can suggest?

warehouse contest jeans fit good crotch down, but are a little tight in the hips and the rise is wayy to low imo.

I like the eternal 811 fit, but I kinda wish they tapered below the knee for a smaller leg opening...and maybe a tad higher rise even...

with that in mind, does anything fit that bill?

I have big calf muscles (15") for my waist size (30-31") with average thighs (22"). I think the best fit for me is my lvc 1947. Apc ns are way too tight in the crotch / ass and the lower leg clings to my calves causing the denim to stick out in the thigh area. Nudie straight sven fit me well but i hate the brand. Can anyone recommend anything else like 47's but with a shorter rise / modern which will suit my body type ??

Hi all,

Can anyone advise how I'd go about getting additional rivets in a pair of jeans? I have a pair of Albam classic slims that i'd like to customise by perhaps sticking in a crotch rivet, or something on a back pocket perhaps.

Is this easily done? I'm based in London so if anyone could suggest a supplier for getting this done....?

i sized down a bit too much on my sams 710xx so im a bit worried soaking them them will cause too much shrinkage. Should i just wear them as is? or give them a cold soak for a minute?

You have to soak them...unless you're willing to dryclean them from now on and never let them get wet. Can you return them? They should be difficult to do up at this point...they're shrink even more when soaked, but then stretch out nicely. If you can't get any of the buttons done up or something like that, then they're too small.

When excessively biking in a pair of denim, I'm assuming that everyone rolls up their right pant leg so they don't tear on the gears BUT will this cause the lower half of the right leg of the denim to be more wrinkled over time. DOMO!

realizing that this has probably been asked, I just cant find it through the search tool, I was wondering how I should go about washing my April 77 joey overdrives. I figure a cold delicates wash and then hang dry would work out ok, they are are just starting to smell rank and I need a cleansing method.

When excessively biking in a pair of denim, I'm assuming that everyone rolls up their right pant leg so they don't tear on the gears BUT will this cause the lower half of the right leg of the denim to be more wrinkled over time. DOMO!

lol... In Holland everyone bikes all the time but I have never seen anyone with their right pantleg rolled up

@haitu, combs are the abbrevation of honeycombs :P

i sized down a bit too much on my sams 710xx so im a bit worried soaking them them will cause too much shrinkage. Should i just wear them as is? or give them a cold soak for a minute?

Wear the jeans in the bathtub, lukewarm, for as long as your will allows. Your person will prevent overshrinkage. Wear until dry.

lol... In Holland everyone bikes all the time but I have never seen anyone with their right pantleg rolled up

I guess if you wear tight jeans that don't flare at the ankle, but I'm not risking a major rip in some jeans i dropped 300 ducats on. Anyone who does roll their jeans up have any advice?

Hi all,

Can anyone advise how I'd go about getting additional rivets in a pair of jeans? I have a pair of Albam classic slims that i'd like to customise by perhaps sticking in a crotch rivet, or something on a back pocket perhaps.

Is this easily done? I'm based in London so if anyone could suggest a supplier for getting this done....?

Hi Mr. Black,

You can use a rivet hole punch tool and hammer - I found a photo of one on this Bridle making page(!) to put the rivets in.

http://ilaria.veltri.tripod.com/bridles/hole_punch.jpg

There used to be a really good haberdashery/ironmonger on Earlam St, just off Seven Dials in Covent Garden - I imagine you could get one there.

Hope that helps

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic