SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

hey guys, quick sizing q.

If anyone could give me a link, that would be much appreciated too

Can someone convert these sizes to standard American waist sizes? +rape will be given accordingly :)

52/42

54/44

56/46

I am retarded, i know

I might have misinterpreted but I'm going to guess these are EU sizes? If so, they've already been converted...i.e.

52 is a USA size of 42, which is a pants size of 36

54 is a USA size of 44, which is a pants size of 38

feel free to correct me :S

Exactly a week from today, it will be the 3 month date of when I first started wearing my SExSC02's and I am going to be cleaning them. I'm not sure of what I should go for though, a hand wash or a simple soak? There are a couple very small stains on them, and I wasnt sure if a soak would get them out. If anyone has any suggestions of what I should do, please do not hesitate to post

I would machine wash, but if you want to be careful for some reason, hand washing is okay. If they're dirty, soaking won't do too much.

hey guys, quick sizing q.

If anyone could give me a link, that would be much appreciated too

Can someone convert these sizes to standard American waist sizes? +rape will be given accordingly :)

52/42

54/44

56/46

I am retarded, i know

Subtract 10 from the first number to get the US suit size, and subtract 6 to get the waist size. Suit pants are usually meant to be adjusted though, so its a crapshoot if they stick to that rule....the pants could be smaller (more like -8).

I would machine wash, but if you want to be careful for some reason, hand washing is okay. If they're dirty, soaking won't do too much.

Subtract 10 from the first number to get the US suit size, and subtract 6 to get the waist size. Suit pants are usually meant to be adjusted though, so its a crapshoot if they stick to that rule....the pants could be smaller (more like -8).

I guess i should clarify what the deal is.

These are for a pair of dior jeans. On the site they are listed as i posted above. I want either a 33 or 34 and cant figure out which one i need.

So with this bit of info, lets see what we can muster.

52/42

54/44

56/46

+rape when i reload for the effort

honestly doc, what do you think?

I don't know, Zubin. I bought a hat from an Orvis dealer and brought it back to the 5th Ave Orvis store for an exchange no problem. I figured I would ask in the small question thread since it's what I would consider to be a small question.

No need to be a sarcastic prick about it.

Looking for some grey denim. I am thinking about NDG but haven't found any information about their length. Any help with that or other nice grey denim in general would be appreciated.

The only other that comes to mind would be Skull or maybe Dior, but NDG's are nicer. Not sure about the length.

edit - forgot these:

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/48c2e6bd307d40fb341a11565b6d3cf1.jpg

I have a few questions about the Levi Capital E "Matchstick" model.

I'm a waist sz. 32. Would ordering a 32 waist be a bad idea?

Do these stretch a lot?

Any help/information on these jeans would be great. Not too informed about them but came across a GREAT deal. Thanks!

Ya, get a 32. They stretch a bit, but nothing crazy.

I hope this is the right place to post,

I'm thinking of buying Raw Linda Skulls, yet I'm worried about the fit.

My best fitting jeans are about 14.5inches across, should I get size 0 or 00? I don't mind having trouble buttoning them up, as long as I can fit them.

I hope this is the right place to post,

I'm thinking of buying Raw Linda Skulls, yet I'm worried about the fit.

My best fitting jeans are about 14.5inches across, should I get size 0 or 00? I don't mind having trouble buttoning them up, as long as I can fit them.

Definitely not 00 (no offense). Take a look at the sizing on chart on Blue In Green's website. Your best fitting jeans are 29", so unless you're going to wear the Linda's really high, I'd look at a size 1. Best to ask Gordon for advice first (or wherever you're buying them from).

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2533&category_id=&manufacturer_id=37&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

That link is ford the one-washed, which I'd recommend to simplify your life.

No offense taken haha, I just emailed him and he replied with a 0, I might go with that since I'm afraid of them getting loose and unfitted, unless you guys highly recommend against it?

and... but raw is beautiful!

Changing the topic here. . . WTF is up with all these crotch blowouts? I've never experienced one, yet from trolling the message boards for the last couple months it seems this is the most common damage jeans suffer. It seems to be the fate of even the most expensive and well constructed jeans made with denim of the highest quality. We should lobby denim manufacturers to make fortified crotches. Who's with me?

No offense taken haha, I just emailed him and he replied with a 0, I might go with that since I'm afraid of them getting loose and unfitted, unless you guys highly recommend against it?

and... but raw is beautiful!

If Gordon says 0, then that's the one to go with.

As for one-washed, when you get raw jeans, you have to shrink them anyway, so it's just less of a hassle. I actually get Gordon to do the first wash of any raw jeans for me if they don't come in a one-washed model. After all the raw jeans I've bought, it just makes life easier!

What is the term used for the raw denim that has that 'streaky' look? I remember seeing some nudies with that nexture a while ago, I never knew what the terminoligy was for them.

I know what you mean, but I don't know if there's a technical term for it...I would just call them streaky. Maybe someone else will know...

so what makes for the aesthetic or functional difference between RHT and LHT?

i only can find a general definition of the weft being sloping left for one and vice versa for the other.

That's about all there is to it. Oh, and on RHT unsanforized jeans, the leg twist goes right (when looking down at your leg), and vice versa. No functional difference, although some LHT is allegedly softer.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic