SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I guess if you wear tight jeans that don't flare at the ankle, but I'm not risking a major rip in some jeans i dropped 300 ducats on. Anyone who does roll their jeans up have any advice?

-You can put your jeans in your socks

-You can actually roll em up

-You can use a rubber band

-You can just buy a decent bike with a chain case ;) (Like all bikes in Holland have haha)

800px-Bike_chain_guard_full.JPG

http://www.tresbienshop.net/shop/1955/img55/657555/657555-rescaledpic-420x630.png

Hi I am looking for a pair for a pair of raw selvage jeans(mij) with a simular fit as the ones linked to above.

Preferably in the pricerange between 200-300$. Any sugestions?

Maybe these:

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=4415&category_id=&manufacturer_id=36&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

Whats the benefit of taking your dungaree's for a dip in the ocean?

DOMO in advance.

Salted water prevents the indigo from bleeding too much.

Further I think it's personal taste. Some people like it because it's more 'natural' then a machine wash.. You can rub the sand to your thighs to get some fading too. (Opposed to the highly unnatural sandpaper fades ;))

are there any decent high rise slim fits anyone can suggest?

warehouse contest jeans fit good crotch down, but are a little tight in the hips and the rise is wayy to low imo.

I like the eternal 811 fit, but I kinda wish they tapered below the knee for a smaller leg opening...and maybe a tad higher rise even...

with that in mind, does anything fit that bill?

I've been giving this a thought since you and I seem to be after the same fit :). I guess your best bet would be either LVC 505 1967 or LVC 501 1978. I'm confident you'll love Julian Red D2 (coming in blue supertight weave Kojima denim). Also I've been wearing the upcoming Denim Demon Aajja Japan a lot lately and it's a really good slim fitting jean. I'm pretty sure that the Great Full Nelson 5011 is good too.

I suppose you can try on the LVC's for yourself but I thought the other ones could use some fit pics:

Full Nelsons courtesy of The Jimbo

P1030533.jpg

Denim Demon Aajja Japan (coming spring 2009):

aajjajapan11.jpg

Julian Red D2: (This season they come in the same Kojima denim but blue instead of black):

d2fit001.jpg

QUESTION:

Is there a technique to get my catacombs to look like this (condensed and slingy like ) :

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/1527/apcbackps0.jpg

I do not want my catacombs to look sparse and large like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/mijuniverse/Levisafter.jpg

both those look like shit.

This is what you wanna be going after:

paris-catacombs-2-wall-of-bones.jpg

Thanks, but I should of been a little more clear. What are some US based stores that carry LVC? I'm not willing to pay the customs or the tax on items shipped over seas.

whats the best way to get nice looking pancake stacking?

get them wet below the knee, push them down, and arrange them how i want?

thats the only thing ive heard

To echo gimme.... just wear your damn jeans. The best wear is always the natural wear, not contrived artificial nonsense.

whats the best way to get nice looking pancake stacking?

get them wet below the knee, push them down, and arrange them how i want?

thats the only thing ive heard

I agree on that you should let it stack natural, but there are people indeed who spray them lightly with water and fold them into place with their hands..

I ordered some samurai denim a couple days ago from the 2nd rakuten shop. Does anyone know if they remove the arcturate and tab?

nope. ordered several pairs of samurai and no shop ive ever encountered from rakuten removes arcs/tabs. they dont care about this pathetic claim to "rights" over a little red tab.....

thinking about getting a pair of julian red calis, I wear size 32 in eternal 811, would a waist 32 in calis be good? looking for a fit where i wear them lower than my 811's

Cali's are a good deal bigger than 811's so you should definetly size down. maybe even size down 2 (I wear 30 in my 811 which are hipcrushers and 28 in Cali's that are a lot more comfortable than the 811's)

Thanks, but I should of been a little more clear. What are some US based stores that carry LVC? I'm not willing to pay the customs or the tax on items shipped over seas.

Last time I ordered from Cultizm, they marked the value at like $60...don't remember if it was marked gift or not. I didn't even ask, they did it for me. Perhaps if you asked specifically, they could work something out. But yea, didn't pay any customs.

Cali's are a good deal bigger than 811's so you should definetly size down. maybe even size down 2 (I wear 30 in my 811 which are hipcrushers and 28 in Cali's that are a lot more comfortable than the 811's)

thanks for info david, sizing would be the same with hoboken no wash? Just saw a pair for sale at the market...

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic