Taking Care of the World Tour

Bobbo

So first proper day in the 20s took me to London again. I struggled a bit with the suspenders buttons under a belt. Think I may have to invest in some cheap suspenders (or braces as I think I'm correct in saying that we say more commonly in Blighty). I jacked up the cuff as per instructions and wore with my red wings (which are unfortunately no cure for my lady sized feet). I've got to say, I like how these look, but the way they feel this loose will take some serious getting used to..

also want to say a public thanks to Mandel for the additional goodies she sent with the jeans. An unexpected and welcome surprise. 

Would love to hear more about the local music scene from you Mandel. I think I've demonstrated my ignorance well enough and need some educating. 

IMG_7095.JPG

Duplicate-506971110.jpg

I see generally is fairly easy to find surplus braces, either from British army, German army etc etc. The German ones look a tad bit better to me, being army green color with dark brown leather straps, rather than the vaguely gay pale grey of the British ones!

5 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Did mandel leave a lutefisk in the pocket for you holio? Looks like you're on the Central line there.

Fortunately no lutefisk in the pockets. Yep Central Line, I think Liverpool St. Either there or Holborn. Can't remember. I took a quick trip to Son Of a Stag, because it would have seemed rude not to whilst I was in town... so I'm thinking Liverpool St..

Thanks for the tips on the braces Paul and Volvo. I didn't realise that the British army ones were grey. I'd seen them as a very green shade grey (or grey shade green depending on your point of view). edit - oh and yes, the roping is utterly insane.

Edited by holio cornolio

sorry for the radio silence. I've been doing my best to love the 20s, but they are a challenge. Not really got much going on in the way of creasing as yet. Given up on wearing them with a belt as the buttons dig into my boney hips so got a pair of braces on the way from eBay in that grey colour that Volvo loves so much ;-)

Had a few moments today to spend some time with Mrs C and we had a stroll along the windy beach nearby. Here's some pics because a tour post isn't a tour post without pics.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Dear Holio, this post confirms once again that you have a gift for photography! You seem to not have a gift to resist the slight pain caused by suspender buttons like all the good cowboys it the old west did. And we (me and myself) think you don't have much taste in color either when it comes to choose a pair of braces, but the jury forgives you for that as you're in the honorable company of Her Majesty King Paul, and King Paul can't really be criticized here and in any other denim related fora in the world.

^ Mr Volvo you are too kind. In fact the last picture was taken with a real camera and real old fashioned film. old skool.

With regards to my lack of cowboy style pain threshold I must apologise. I spend a lot of time sat on my arse in my car, and the stupid seats might be great for going round corners fast, but the hip hugging side bolsters (or whatever they're called) are not 20s jean compatible... I feel so ashamed.

Inexcusably crap pictures to follow, but really in the interest of demonstrating the braces fit of the 20s. Now the high waist reveals itself in earnest:

Cowboy / farmhand styleeee

image.jpeg

Rear fit. What can I say? Obviously my arse was hungry.

image.jpeg

Rock on Tommy

image.jpeg

Edited by holio cornolio

Another weekend, another day trip to London. Took the boy to the Lego Shop in Leicester Square whilst my daughter and wife went to watch a play. Caught the back end of an anti Trump rally with the youngster. He thought it was fun, I used it as an opportunity to play with a new app I got called Lenka, and got some reportage style black and white iPhone shots. 

Relevance to tour - was wearing the 20s...Daughter asked why I have taken to dressing like 'someone from Back to the Future 3'...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Iron Horse said:

I think those protestors took a wrong turn at Albuquerque and ended up in the wrong country. :P

Yep. Don't get me wrong, photos are for photos sake. Whether I like Big Donny or not is irrelevant.

So, my commute, when I have to make it, takes me into an area of the U.K. Known as the Cambridgeshire Fens. It's an area north of Cambridge, which has been drained and lost to the sea many times in it's history. Most recently (and permanently) was it's draining in the early 19th century. It's fertile land and so is heavily agricultural. I drive a black car, but it may as well be brown for filth of the roads that I have to use. Anyway, it's a strangely desolate and featureless yet occasionally attractive landscape. I've heard people talk about 'big skies' but it's only when I visit a properly mountainous area that I realise exactly what that phrase means. You can usually see a very long way in the Fens, so on a misty morning, the texture brought to the landscape by the mist is a welcome change. Sorry for the mishmash of colour and black and white. Anyway, the 20s are very much at home here since most of the people I know in this area are farmers and so live in their overalls anyway. Braces and baggies don't raise any eyebrows at all.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

During Jared's leg you could go to a craft beer tasting event and then you could be inked head to toe in your leg. That would be most appropriate and totally unpredictable (haha)! Look forward to witness from afar the TCBxNYC triumph, whenever will it take places. We'll wait to hear from our Master of Ceremony Bobbo-san who's next.

3 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

During Jared's leg you could go to a craft beer tasting event and then you could be inked head to toe in your leg. That would be most appropriate and totally unpredictable (haha)! Look forward to witness from afar the TCBxNYC triumph, whenever will it take places. We'll wait to hear from our Master of Ceremony Bobbo-san who's next.

I guarantee you beer will be a focal point of my leg.