9 hours ago, Niro said:

Inoue-san made post on instagram with this awesome looking denim jacket. Anyone (*cough* @volvo240thebest  *cough*) know more about it?

TCBJACKET.jpg

I'll ask. Truth be told I don't like this jacket at all.. it seems a weird mix of a shirt and a jacket and the denim looks almost waxed.

Hey guys... So I've decided to let my TCB 60s go. Recently got a pair of the LVC 76 and I like the fit of those much better. For me, it came down to the hem opening. My TCBs are have a waist of 34 and after getting them hemmed, the leg opening is 9" exactly. All my other pants are 8" and I just can't make the leap.

Anyway, let me know if you're interested. They're one wash, worn less than 10 times, hemmed to 32" at Self Edge. Willing to trade too.

Thanks. 

5 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

I'll ask. Truth be told I don't like this jacket at all.. it seems a weird mix of a shirt and a jacket and the denim looks almost waxed.

Agreed I'm not wild about it, if he were to do a sawtooth shirt I'd be into that but not as a jacket. 

2 hours ago, nycsurfer530 said:

Agreed I'm not wild about it, if he were to do a sawtooth shirt I'd be into that but not as a jacket. 

seconded

sawtooth shirt ftw

[or maybe another version of chore jacket? phps a 40s style with reduced elements? or an inside jacket, one of those ones without lapels?]

orslow has great jackets, but I reckon tcb attention to material would surpass them easy...

[but share mis-givings about shared jkt... waxing is for me barbour hats]

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

the first thing I hope he'll do is a WWII jean! and perhaps a pair of wide chinos with a normal 12 inches rise.

29 minutes ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

seconded

sawtooth shirt ftw

[or maybe another version of chore jacket? phps a 40s style with reduced elements? or an inside jacket, one of those ones without lapels?]

orslow has great jackets, but I reckon tcb attention to material would surpass them easy...

[but share mis-givings about shared jkt... waxing is for me barbour hats]

He's doing a new wabash jacket as shown here on my mate's instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gbgmfgsveagatan/ 

^^

nice!

get some snaps whilst you are picking up yr 20s.

[you are going over there right?]

[plus: my own madness - but if you do cook, try picking up a nakiri and 150mm petty / utility knife in carbon steel - blue or white steel is fine - when in japan also... the ultimate home-cook combo... my favorite blacksmiths: takeo murata, takeda hamono, fujiwara teruyasu]

^ I hope you can manage to go on the piss with the Master this time!

I hope so too mate. All I got for a reply was "Nice! Please come!!!" hahaha. And that's the answer for a question regarding picking up jeans, food, drinks and factory visits, haha. Got to love it.

Edit: ^^ Yeah, I'll take a photo or two if they've got any fun stuff in the factory. No worries about that! 
Funny that you mentioned knifes, I started googling just yesterday. Thanks for the tips!

Edited by Bobbo

12 hours ago, Max Power said:

@tigerstrom just came across your old posts from 2015 when you got the 505. Do you have evo pictures or did the ooe come inbetween? I hope i can pick up my pair today, very excited for them. The small roping on the hem was so excellent i dont dare hemming them.

@Max Power Yeah, the ooes got in the way haha. I really loved the fit and fabric of the 505s but they didn't get any evo and now I've become too fat to wear them ;) I'm looking forward to see your pair after a couple of months! :)

Fit looks good, better than your 1101. Maybe you can get some shrinkage out of the fabric but as it is already a sanforized fabric and once washed I'm not sure if much changes.

I also think a wash would open up the fabric, it looks pretty flat. Reminds me of resolute and my old 70s type III. But i also think that it could fade beautifully. 

On 2017-07-09 at 5:31 PM, Niro said:

Inoue-san made post on instagram with this awesome looking denim jacket. Anyone (*cough* @volvo240thebest  *cough*) know more about it?

TCBJACKET.jpg

this jacket could be a limited run made for some of his friends like the guy from WORKERS.  i have observed that hajime once in a while will make stuff for other people.  that chore jacket in the same set of photos has that signature green stitching in the reinforcement corners of the pockets.  i am pretty certain that tcb makes clothing for other companies. 

Measurements for w36 before washing w 90cm, fr 30 cm, br 40.5 cm, hem 20.7 cm inseam 86 cm  thigh 35 cm

That's a lot of taper. Would you measure for me the hem width at 77 cm inseam please?

6 hours ago, heavydoom said:

this jacket could be a limited run made for some of his friends like the guy from WORKERS.  i have observed that hajime once in a while will make stuff for other people.  that chore jacket in the same set of photos has that signature green stitching in the reinforcement corners of the pockets.  i am pretty certain that tcb makes clothing for other companies. 

This is how they started off as strictly a sewing factory making clothes for brands like Sugarcane and others; as far as I can tell, TCB seems to be making clothes for Moto(r) as well, as Hajime-san posted pictures of the owner Hideo Motoike at the TCB factory and soon after Moto(r) was offering duck pants, USN denim pants, etc. Maybe they do make clothes for e-Workers too.

1 hour ago, volvo240thebest said:

That's a lot of taper. Would you measure for me the hem width at 77 cm inseam please?

Yes, but I Need to get home first, so will take a few hours. I think they'll be a fair bit wider due to the taper.

On 9.7.2017 at 11:31 PM, Niro said:

TCBJACKET.jpg

I like the western yoke on a jacket but somehow sawtooth pockets don't really work. I feel like this would look a lot better if it was made from a thicker looking fabric, had bigger (more jacket like) buttons and was slightly longer in the body. Maybe even lose the snap buttons. Contrast stitching in brown or lemon would be good too. Now I realize I just turned it into a denim jacket like every other :D

I can't find a pic but Lawless denim made a few one-off denim jackets that looked like a hybrid of western shirt (yoke) and cafe racer leather jacket, I think that was the only cool thing to ever come out of Lawless :D

13 hours ago, Bobbo said:

I hope so too mate. All I got for a reply was "Nice! Please come!!!" hahaha. And that's the answer for a question regarding picking up jeans, food, drinks and factory visits, haha. Got to love it.

How about picking up all 20s for us Europeans :D 

^ Lol sure. You can come up to Gothenburg and pick it up when I'm back from Japan on september 10th. 

Re TCB making stuff for other companies they were doing a big load of stuff for another popular brand when I visited last summer. I guess they will keep on doing that until they can get enough cashflow on their own goods.

1 hour ago, Bobbo said:

^ Lol sure. You can come up to Gothenburg and pick it up when I'm back from Japan on september 10th. 

Gothenburg kick off meet-up for European contestants confirmed :D 

Anyone have back rise measurements for slim 50s in size 36 or 38? The front rise is pretty low but I could probably live with that.

22 hours ago, Max Power said:

I also think a wash would open up the fabric, it looks pretty flat. Reminds me of resolute and my old 70s type III. But i also think that it could fade beautifully. 

Those look great on you Max.  But what do you know about fading? ;-)

22 would be fine to me, good to know!

Max, those 505's look superb! 

I'm quite tempted to get a pair from Denimio and can see they are reduced but not sure what size I'd be. Are these a size up job?

For reference, I currently wear a 34 in UES 400t and a 33 in FC 1101 although both are a snug fit. My 34 WH800 has actually got a bit tight to wear. I'm trying to lose weight though so caught between a 34 and 36...

I am the same size as you. I wear the same jeans in the same sizes. I had the 505 in 34 and they were too snug. And neither the 400T or 1101 are snug on me. Maybe my pair of 505 was wrongly too small or you should better take size 36

Cheers! I forgot to mention that I also have a resolute 710 in a 34 which is (far) too tight in the thighs. 36 seems the way to go for these. I like to wash my jeans as well and hate them being too tight.