TCB

@BF there is a couple fade samples in the tcb instagram/blog IIRC, including one pair that has been washed really a lot...

20151221-DSC_1562.jpg

way too much washes.. I wouldn't take it as an example of the potential of the fabric to be honest..

it's still early stage for all pairs around to see some serious evo though.

Haha busted, yeah Jared and I are friends and colleagues and Maynard got it spot on. I'm very temped for some 50s TCB jeans after viewing the amazing progress in the contest thread and from seeing the fabric on my 50s jacket. First I want to get more wear out of my Signet x Full Counts (I'll have a photo dump of those later tonight). When I do get my 50s jeans it would be cool to get a side by side with jared's fully worn pair.

@beautiful_FrEaK I'm going to wash my 505s next week when they are 3 months but I doubt I will have any evo to show. I'm washing them because they are dirty. I'll keep you updated!

Thanks, that would be great. Please also report if you notice significant shrinkage. Even if it is sanforised denim

@BF there is a couple fade samples in the tcb instagram/blog IIRC, including one pair that has been washed really a lot...

20151221-DSC_1562.jpg

way too much washes.. I wouldn't take it as an example of the potential of the fabric to be honest..

it's still early stage for all pairs around to see some serious evo though.

Well, they don't look bad though :)

Maybe a tad too washed out /stone-wash look but still nice

i love the feel and the look of the zimbabwe cotton of the 50's jeans.  another great piece by tcb is the seamen jumper.  it's a great sping weather jacket in my opinion.  i love that collar and the pockets makes me feel very comfy.  i don't have a lot of evo to show for concerning my 50's jeans.  i wear them only twice a week alas!!!

Just one more question before I go ahead and order the jacket with a shorter body length:

I have the exact same height and weight as you, @holio, although I'm sure build and weight distribution is very different (me: less shoulders, more boobs). Do you think size 38 would work? I can fit a 37" chest measurement fine, and since the size 38 measures a little over 39" I should be ok, right? How much does it shrink? 

holio cornolio, on 17 Jul 2015 - 10:09 AM, said:

So this is what a slightly shortened, size 40, TCB 50s jacket looks like on a 176.5cm, 66 kg frame.

19768773825_2491a85c0d_z.jpg

Overall I'm happy with the fit. It doesn't feel quite as fitted as I expected, but I think the next size down would have been too restrictive in the shoulders / chest. As it is, I have room for a few layers under here, which is what I wanted. I imagine there's a little shrink left in it too.

hey Mandel, might be wrong but i thing Holio doesn't look this forum everyday so you might be more lucky to send him a instagram DM if you want a quicker response.

as for the shrink factor, Inoue sells this jacket both one wash and raw, and measurements are always after wash.

My 50's jacket was raw and it did shrink but not too much.

Ah, very good to know that the measurements are after wash! I think that answered my question really, a 38 would definitely fit and have some extra space for layering too (I do live in cold Norway after all), maybe even a 36 with just a shirt under. I'll measure my favourite jacket once more and decide. 

Just one more question before I go ahead and order the jacket with a shorter body length:

I have the exact same height and weight as you, @holio, although I'm sure build and weight distribution is very different (me: less shoulders, more boobs). Do you think size 38 would work? I can fit a 37" chest measurement fine, and since the size 38 measures a little over 39" I should be ok, right? How much does it shrink? 

Not quite the same, but I've got a lot of rib cage, and not as much tone as a man should have.   :blush:  I find a chest measurement of 2 to 3" over you actual chest measurement works for a slimmer fitting denim jacket. To comfortably wear a hoodie or other bulkier clothing, I need 4 to 5".   

my bare chest is a smidgen over 40 inches and the 42 is perfect. looks good both with single layers and with multiple layers. I wear it all the time in the winter layered under a heavier coat and layered underneath with either shirt+vest or with a thin jumper. I don't do hoodies but I think I could fit one too. Compared to other jackets i had the TCB has slimmer sleeves and pitholes are cut higher.

Ah, very good to know that the measurements are after wash! I think that answered my question really, a 38 would definitely fit and have some extra space for layering too (I do live in cold Norway after all), maybe even a 36 with just a shirt under. I'll measure my favourite jacket once more and decide.

When you're measuring for a closer/slimmer fit on a jacket, u need to be more precise w/ the chest measurement. While some, including myself, define "pit-to-pit" as measuring from seam convergence @armpit ... others measure by the armpit, but flat= edge to edge.

The latter style inadvertently factors in the 1/2" (x2) back pleats ... On a plain back [no pleats] construction, like the old FHs type2, that'd not be a consideration.

E5D47B8A-3E8D-44FB-9A50-43393C589A61.jpg

Inoue extended the size range of the TCB seamen jumper up to 46

http://happyjeans.jp/tcb/2016/02/11/10982

20160205-DSC_5836.jpg

might take the plunge and cop a 42 for myself in the next few months. Always liked the look of it.

Thanks all! Very helpful. I have two old Levi's jackets that I like the fit of. The trucker measures a hair under 36" and is a little too tight in the chest so I usually wear it open, the type II measures 40" and is quite roomy when buttoned up, even when wearing a t-shirt and a sweater under it.  I'll go with the 38 to be sure that it's not too tight. 

Edited by mandel9000

hey Mandel, might be wrong but i thing Holio doesn't look this forum everyday so you might be more lucky to send him a instagram DM if you want a quicker response.

as for the shrink factor, Inoue sells this jacket both one wash and raw, and measurements are always after wash.

My 50's jacket was raw and it did shrink but not too much.

this is true. Sorry I missed this Mandel. I'm pretty sure a 38 would work for me too. I'm happy with the 40 but there is room in it. I think the 38 will be a good choice for you.

Really wish they didn't have those weird work-y details. Not trying to look like your neighborhood handyman... major shame, I was looking forward to these.

Alternately, you could take a look at the duck pants by Motor because I'm under the impression that they're made by TCB:

http://store-motostyle.jp/?pid=93610087

Not long ago, Inoue posted on a his blog with photos of a visit to TCB by Hideo Motoike, head of Moto/Motor, and not long after that, Motor began selling duck pants and USN denim pants. 

yes they're pretty long, too long in my case but I just roll them and I am good to go.

hey volvo, when you don't roll up your sleeves, where do the sleeves touch your hand?  at the knuckle of your thumb or right at the fingers' knuckles?

about at the knuckle of the thumb which is way too long for me. when rolled it hits the wrist at the right spot.

the knuckle near the thumb nail or the upper one near the wrist?  sorry for the weird question.

I washed my tcb505 yesterday and they didn't shrink anything more except from the inseam which now is 79.5 cm (before wash 81cm). I asked Inoue-san to hem them and the roping is much more pronounced now after wash. I really like this pair!