TCB

The Seamen pants arrived at work this morning. Can't wait to take a closer look at home. Any chance you could provide a sleeve measurement as well, goodrain? I've also had my eye on the Ranchman for a little while. I'm guessing I'd need a 42 at the least, judging by the chest measurements.

Thanks goodrain! Measurements for 40 look OK, I'll probably go with a 42, though. The arm holes look high on the shirt, don't want to feel constricted anywhere... One last question, from the US can you buy directly from there website, or do you have to request a sale through email?

you've got a few choices and possibilities.

AFAIK there is still no US retailer.

you can go direct to TCB by writing an email to tcbinoueATgmailDOTcom or you can go via denimio, which has just recently added the ranchman to their tcb product range.

I second the idea of sizing up, the armholes are indeed high, I'm very happy with how the 42 fits tts on me, but tbh I need to wash it more often than what I'd like as it fits so close to the body under the pits that I have to wash it every 2 days or wear, max 3 pending a further smell control haha! I would use it more if it was looser, simply because of a smoother laundry turn-over!

Thanks guys! Just ordered the 42 from Denimio. Almost too cheap... Never used Denimio before. Would rather have bought it from Standard and Strange, which I can walk to, but I don't think they are actually going to ever carry it.

Seamen pants came up really big - I'd definitely suggest considering sizing down to anyone that's curious. I'm not sure whether I should exchange them or just return them at the moment. Shipping back to Japan will be a nuisance.

Not the clearest picture but it gives you an idea:

Photo%2008-06-2016%2C%2018%2030%2006%20(

And a close up of the fabric:

Photo%2006-06-2016%2C%2018%2027%2042%20(

I haven't decided whether to have them hemmed yet. It's hard to get clean cuffs with this fabric.

In other news, who has seen this? Possibly a new product?

Photo%2008-06-2016%2C%2017%2013%2040.jpg

mate look out in the TCB online shop there are all post soak measurements.

anyhoo, going by memory...

size 36

60's 12.75 inches

50's 13.50 inches

Thanks. I played it safe and went with a size 38 on the 60s that I received today from Denimio. They fit perfect due to my large legs from Crossfit. Chose a washed pair instead of raw.

I live in Greensboro NC aka Cone Mills Land so I'm looking forward to freaking out one of the denim stores I shop at here when I give them this pair to hem lol.

Would a 60s washed pair stretch at all? Just wondering.

Edited by mlwdp

if you got the one wash 60's they don't stretch much. I am about 10/12 days in w exactly the same pair, very little to none stretch so far.

the raw 60's were a different ball game, they had an annoying tendency to stretch towards a sloppy fit until I gave them a boil wash...

i'll probably grab the bag for sure!!!

//

not much work to do today due to china holiday, so here's my 50s update after the 4th wash

a3aa3a81ff.jpg

and the seamens pant finally arrived!!! 

a3a12022d4.jpg

size up 1 fit pic

a3a12e360e.jpg

Edited by poonsc

TCB bags now up on the store. Turns out there's three different versions (wabash, herringbone and hickory) and they all look sweet. I'm tempted to pick one up, even though my wardrobe is already too blue and stripey.

Wow, I haven't visited the TCB store in awhile and just saw that they make the Ranchman in bigger sizes!

If someone wants a 44 denim Ranchman for cheap PM me, I have one in my closet that's brand new.

i'll probably grab the bag for sure!!!

//

not much work to do today due to china holiday, so here's my 50s update after the 4th wash

a3aa3a81ff.jpg

and the seamens pant finally arrived!!! 

a3a12022d4.jpg

size up 1 fit pic

a3a12e360e.jpg

great fit picture of the seamen pants!!!!!!   just roll them up and disregard all trends!!

thank you all!

after few days wear, noticed the pants are actually much stretcher than the 50s, might able to get a 32 instead. but overall, i'm happy with current fit and maybe couldn't wear on anything in slim fit thereafter!