UES Denim

ShAraLeEe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

your fit is great. my natural waist floats around 36 and 37 inches. went with size 36, they were loose at the waist and huge everywhere else but the hem. gigantic thigh and hips. let's say I've discovered it's not the best cut for my body.

I had them tailored but I still don't wear them, partly because even if they fit well the ass is still very loose, partly beacuse the denim is not transpirant enough for my taste and for where I live. Pity as the denim fades beautifully.

Well you always learn something...now I I shy away from every single cut which has similar measurements... but I enjoy to see those Ues well worn by others nonetheless.

Which model are u referring to ?

400T, let's say the cut is not for me AND I've also sized up, probably a 34 would have worked differently.

these are actually still up for grabs in case anyone wants them. I would be happy to let them go for cheap.

For what it's worth, UES definitely seems to use "Japanese" sizing. That is, most cuts tend to be a bit slimmer than what's tagged. If you're down with a slimmer fit, they make some very good stuff. I'm a bit surprised they don't get more attention here actually.

Yet their shirts definitely feel like western sizing

Yet their shirts definitely feel like western sizing

I haven't handled their button downs but I actually have a few of their tees, and I can tell you they're very slim. I'm usually a medium but their size 3's (large) run slim on me. I haven't tried their outerwear either actually, but pants and tees are definitely on the small side.

• 1 month later...

the rise on my 33s is mid verging on low.. about an inch below what I'd regard as 'high' (like SC Hawaii/Okinawa), and correspondingly needs an extra hole on the belt. Comfortable jeans; the best slim tapered I've had. I think there's an increase in measurements once you get past 32, though (apart from the waist, obviously)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, 

received a couple garments from UES. Two new flannels among them to survive the winter.

I really like the colors of the heavy one. It will pair nicely with the Samurai 710 BH or usual indigo denim.

And the fit of the extra heavy one is better for western silhouette guys like me. It's a bit longer (2-3cm) than the heavy ones.

Black, heavy (14.5oz).

31632589730_1b7652e81f_c.jpg

31166367344_251885cdf7_n.jpg   31858539282_1390da1907_n.jpg

Extra Heavy (15.5oz).

31969098726_a4020c6cb6_c.jpg

31166370614_d90d9d5e52_c.jpg

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mikkadehachikai said:

Question on the shirts sizing - does it follow the traditional Japanese sizing patterns where a L is a 3 or so, or is closer to the Flat Head/FJB sizing where a 42 is a Japanese L or a 3?

Going by the measurements of the shirts it should be the latter, by going by fit pics it should be the former, otherwise it seems too loose. 

It is hard to give a definitive answer here as depending on fabric shirts can vary in sizing.

I'm normally a 42 in FH shirts but occasionally a 44. Likewise, I am sometimes a size 3 in UES but more often a size 4.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought the Indigo Sashiko Wabash Selvedge Flannel in a size 5 from the UES store during my trip to Japan last week.  The overall fit is good.  Maybe just slightly tight at the bottom opening of the shirt.  The look and feel of this shirt is awesome.  I normally wear Iron Heart shirts in XXL to XXXL and Flathead buffalo check flannels in size 46.

I think the heavy weight UES flannels in size 5 would also work for me.

On 1/30/2017 at 8:17 PM, gazeboarder said:

I just bought the Indigo Sashiko Wabash Selvedge Flannel in a size 5 from the UES store during my trip to Japan last week.  The overall fit is good.  Maybe just slightly tight at the bottom opening of the shirt.  The look and feel of this shirt is awesome.  I normally wear Iron Heart shirts in XXL to XXXL and Flathead buffalo check flannels in size 46.

I think the heavy weight UES flannels in size 5 would also work for me.

Here are a couple closeup shots of this awesome shirt.

UES%20-%20INDIGO%20STRIPE%20HEAVY%20FLAN

UES%20-%20INDIGO%20STRIPE%20HEAVY%20FLAN

5 hours ago, JDelage said:

Wow, that's lovely. Can you show us what the shirt looks like?

Is it this shirt: https://www.japaneseselvagejeans.com/goods_en_jpy_818.html

Thanks.

Yes JDelage that is the shirt.  I was lucky, I walked into the UES store in Daikanyama and the only size of that shirt on the rack was the size 5 (XXL).  That was the size I was looking for so everything worked out.  Besides the UES online store, Rivet & Hide also sell this shirt.

• 2 weeks later...