Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

I've tried to send grizzly boots co. an email to order a pair, but never answer. I am still looking for help to buy the grizzly boots.

Give them a call. Worth a shot.

Edited by mlwdp

Capsicum seriously i need a pair un brown roughout i dont know how to size though if you are getting a pair let me know can i ask yoh a favor and get me one too? Ill pay you asap

So I preordered a pair of the Viberg Hopper engineer boots on Styleforum, got a message today saying that Viberg no longer has the tobacco chamois leather and that they decided to make them with the aged bark leather instead.

They offered me a refund if I didn't want that leather since it wasn't what I preordered, but I think the aged bark looks pretty nice and will make a good engineer boot.

I might even like that leather more than the initial tobacco chamois.  :D

:rolleyes:

3fWUXku.jpg?1

CXL cattlehide creases kinda funny.

Are these for sure CXL..?  They look like the standard calfskin.  In any case, my CXL Indys have creased much differently than this. But CXL is an unpredictable beast.

^ Yeah, pretty sure they're CXL cattlehide. These are from 2011.

I wrote about them some years ago too. See here and here.

Alden changes the leather specs all the time though, so yours and mine could be quite different.

Edited by mikecch

I realized I never posted any pictures of when I got my Semi Dress boots back from resole. They were single leather soled and they finally had worn a small hole in the big toe area; so I sent them back to white's for resole. I was kinda surprised when I got them back - they came back with only one row of stitching. I called white's asking them what was up with that - they just said thats how they do resoles. They just always have 1 row of stitching. I guess its just the process and I guess why you hear that its best to get the double row cause there is more room to work with. Here are the pics. I think these are about 4 years old and are brown chromexcel and were resoled with double leather this time.

semi%20dress%201_zpskbcwhljj.jpgsemi%20dress%202_zps2tdxpf9b.jpg

and this is me wearing my brown smooth farmer ranchers while taking the pictures. :)farmer%20rancher_zpst77g7v74.jpg

Edited by erk

Anyone here have a pair of Rolling Dub Trio's engineer boots, like the Giraffe?

How do you think they compare with Lofgren's, Attractions, McCoy's, White's, Wesco, Nick's, etc?

Edited by mikecch

^ Nah man, thanks for responding.

I was wanting to pre-order the next version of Attractions' horsehide engineers, but currently trying to find out whether the sweaty foot issue due to the fabric lining will remain an issue.

VEB also mentioned a weird insole which didn't break-in after almost a year of wear.

Also, confirmed that they won't do re-welting for their own boots, which is, ummm, odd.

Rolling dub trio looks interesting, I am thinking either their Mushman's collab boot or wait for their upcoming collab with Tenjin.

Lofgren's are nice... but I'm not sure whether I feel alright about $900 boots being made with CXL cattlehide. I know VEB really likes them and all.

White's? Haven't bought a pair yet since the change in ownership. Also they won't do a shorter engineer or do it in horsehide, which bugs me because they make other boots in horse.

Nick's engineer is not available atm, apparently in the process of redesign.

Wesco Boss is very customisable. Currently trying to explore some custom leather options that's not usually available. Anyone up for a 10" horsehide Wesco Boss?

Edited by mikecch

I realized I never posted any pictures of when I got my Semi Dress boots back from resole. They were single leather soled and they finally had worn a small hole in the big toe area; so I sent them back to white's for resole. I was kinda surprised when I got them back - they came back with only one row of stitching. I called white's asking them what was up with that - they just said thats how they do resoles. They just always have 1 row of stitching. I guess its just the process and I guess why you hear that its best to get the double row cause there is more room to work with. Here are the pics. I think these are about 4 years old and are brown chromexcel and were resoled with double leather this tim

and this is me wearing my brown smooth farmer ranchers while taking the pictures. :)farmer%20rancher_zpst77g7v74.jpg

funny how much distressed smooth looks like brown smooth after some obenauf's. wish i could keep my natural midsole that light looking in the front but it gets so dirty at work.

28571752900_936d6af728_h.jpg

Edited by Rob060

I'm pretty sure my farmer ranchers were purchased after the change in owner ship and i have no issues with them. Also my brother has a pair and they look fine. that doesnt help much seeing as how you want them shorter and in horsehide.

White's? Haven't bought a pair yet since the change in ownership. Also they won't do a shorter engineer or do it in horsehide, which bugs me because they make other boots in horse.

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...