Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

^ 👌ðŸ½Fab 'BERGs! Still need to get my paws on some 'boons ... maybe after the Hopper👊ðŸ¼

@foxy2 ➕ @gnomes__ tnx peeps! 1st I noticed they were darkening a bit, I was ... 😱Nooooo!!!! Cuz I really liked the [initial] spanking light steeze, like on a CXL. 'Thought I did something wrong, but in time, I kinda grew into it.

All part of the [evo] game__ dark denim fades, light shade leather darkens

â¬‡ï¸ @edmond__ CXL should be @round 720

Edited by BrownMetallic

Ed - they were just under HKD 5000 at Benny's Store, with T5 discount. Couldn't pass on them at that price.

BM - Cheers! The Hopper engineer is going to be a stellar boot. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Mosdef post once on-hand, but that'd be prolly late fall, if no issues

Btw, HKD 5000 is definite a BUY!!!

Congrats!

Edited by BrownMetallic

Trashed my Vivobarefoot Porto desert boots being on the Colorado River Ranch for the World Youth Fly Fishing Championships for three days walking through mud, dust, dirt, brush, thistle, etc. Overall I they held up fairly well, but they're not built or intended for this kind of use. The rubber outsole is coming unglued from the leather mid-sole where they bend at the ball of my foot. 

Due for a good cleaning and conditioning now. 

20150813_113721_zpsmu0ebbhz.jpg

20150814_105321_zpsvqx5yo3v.jpg

Vivobarefoot_Port0-Brown_2015-08-14_01_z

Vivobarefoot_Port0-Brown_2015-08-14_02_z

Vivobarefoot_Port0-Brown_2015-08-14_03_z

20150815_143143_zpsudbtaeqg.jpg

Impressive boots on this page!

This. Personally, I injured my toes in kickboxing some years ago, and have arthritis in a few of those toes, and the crepe soles on my RW 875s give enough cushion to prevent any pain in my toes. I can't say the same thing about thinner soles.

I'd imagine crepe soles are better for your lower back than heels too; maybe someone has experience with that.

The same here or similar at least, I've got arthritis too, both my ankles.

I used to wear sneakers and lower quality shoes. It used to hurt after walking 30 to 60 minutes even when constantly wearing orthopedic soles. Now I mostly wear Redwings (877 for the past 8 months and 8113 recently) and most of the symptoms are gone. I went through winter with a pair of 877 in Montreal, walked hours in the sloppy streets of SF and my ankles were quite alright.

Pros and cons confirmed: comfy and seems to give cushion. But they wear out fast and are quite slippery on ice.

Here are the 877s:

20444290419_4d05e54d22_z.jpg

thanks for that Ray!

I already used some citric acid solution with a low pH (around 1,5) do neutralize the caustic soda stain...and after work I will apply some Mustang Paste.

edit: and thanks to you Hoggy!

I read that leather is usually acidic and gets more and more alkaline over time and the leather suffers from that (gets brittle and stuff)...so caustic soda should catalyse that process  -_-

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

I'm having a custom Oxford shoe made by William Lennon at the moment.

Triple leather sole, internal lining, still need to make up my mind on which kind of leather, they suggested their own pull up leather.

They suggested me two different lasts..

Army last:

AB517998-4BF2-4162-9E2D-C9E6E4742522_zps

Hills shoe last:

2AF66C8F-2560-4F63-9184-5B0649FF2D01_zps

I'll go bold (and clown!) with the hill shoe last. Very excited about this!

I like to get my pairs slighty on the larger side and then wear an insole, works better for me. I could fit on a 9.5 G but I'll get a 10F same as I do with Trickers and RW. I am confident it will work nicely. I love to curl my toes on that extra bit of space available!

^^ Hoggy's right__ Go TTS as Trickers 4497 on the length ... & yeah, only G-width.

If I can do it over, I'd go unstructured toe, or at least, a partial. Sizing right on WL is very crucial. Stretching the vamp is not an option ... at least, not on my "Tug Of War" on thick ass Waxed Reverse Kip leather. Also, toes seemed to be double-reinforced cuz they were really stiff.

1st time was like slipping into a pair of Chinese "Lotus Shoes"

Btw, mine were also triple leather soles, but opted on rubber half sole topys.

WL2.jpg

lennonTOW.jpg

TOWshaft.jpg

No BACKSTAYs 😱

Edited by BrownMetallic

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...