Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

Just got my White's natural CXL nomads back from Baker's. Resoled with Dr Sole raw cord sole and heel, shaft narrowed by 2 inches. Pretty happy with the job although they took an age to do the work.

Before (few months before they were sent):

10882694864_4caef1dba8_z.jpg

After:

20134904914_4bbebb4186_z.jpg

20764424561_6f5870d12e_z.jpg

20569518070_2038b21a2d_z.jpg

20570758019_2119ec858a_z.jpg

Edited by fre-co

Got my Nick's today. Olive chromepak.

O man those are killer!

Once those are properly broken in after a couple years they will look amazing.

No problem Hoggy.

Here you go:

FhEvmfF.jpg

EQBRjE9.jpg

HQINO7k.jpg

Nothing much to write about since it still looks pretty much the same as when I first slip into the boots except for more scratch around the front which is pretty normal with use.

They look great Fre-co. I think when I have the shafts narrowed on mine I'll take them in 2-2 1/2" total. One looks good, but I prefer a narrower shaft.

Rushed typing. It is 2" narrower at the top. I wouldn't go much more than that personally. I would struggle to get my feet in...

A silly question, but especially for anyone who has experience with Moto: I noticed their shoe sizes range between half a size. I'm looking at the engineer in 9.5, which is listed as 27.5-28 cm. I assume that these actually measure 28 cm? 

I wear a 10E in Red Wing boots, which technically is 28 cm; does anyone reckon the Moto would work for me? If not, all's well, I'll probably just go with White's Nomad. Thanks in advance!

Yeah I had asked on the last page about the oak Street trench boot, pretty sure that's what Ed was talking about. Ed or anyone else, I know whites does custom according to your foot, but do they have any lasts that aren't such a tapered toe box? Like I said I'm looking for something quite large as I want toe splay.

I think of all the boot manufacturers wouldn't whites be the best to avoid a tapered last? I'm sure you can get something nice and chunky. Unlike viberg who only fucking makes lame pretty-boy lasted boots...

Anyway, I've never seen this mentioned. What is the seam on the back of these? anyone else not a fan?

xsiJhQQ.jpg

A silly question, but especially for anyone who has experience with Moto: I noticed their shoe sizes range between half a size. I'm looking at the engineer in 9.5, which is listed as 27.5-28 cm. I assume that these actually measure 28 cm? 

I wear a 10E in Red Wing boots, which technically is 28 cm; does anyone reckon the Moto would work for me? If not, all's well, I'll probably just go with White's Nomad. Thanks in advance!

I've the steer hide engineer boot ordered direct from Moto last year. I wear 8E for  the RW moctoe and chose the same size for the Moto. Lengthwise it fits almost perfectly except for some mild heel slip unless I wear a thicker sock. I don't know whether I can size down 1/2 as the Moto feel like a D width. So size 9.5 may work for you, IH. But your best bet I think will be size 10 considering the narrower width.

I've the steer hide engineer boot ordered direct from Moto last year. I wear 8E for  the RW moctoe and chose the same size for the Moto. Lengthwise it fits almost perfectly except for some mild heel slip unless I wear a thicker sock. I don't know whether I can size down 1/2 as the Moto feel like a D width. So size 9.5 may work for you, IH. But your best bet I think will be size 10 considering the narrower width.

Thanks for the info; it's odd, because Moto lists the engineer boot as having an E width, but I guess it's a slim E-.

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...