Westbrook

Acronym.

4 minutes ago, Zeddsan said:

Also got mine today. 5'10 size M. Strangely found it too roomy around waist and drawcord can barely hold it up. Now regret didn't get a S :sad:

what are your measurements and weight

Anyone have pics of alpha green in person? 

4 minutes ago, segue said:

what are your measurements and weight

31 waist 65kg

2 hours ago, Zeddsan said:

31 waist 65kg

Do you have the drawcord pulled back as far as it can possibly go? It took me a fair bit of strength for me to fasten down my pair because the pants are brand new, so constant wear would loosen up the belt, so it doesn't take a ton of tough pulling to tighten down.

2 hours ago, Zeddsan said:

31 waist 65kg

For drop crotches I woulda went small for you 

@Zeddsan, I have almost identical measurements as you and Medium fit good on me. (both bagginess and length-wise)

Is this your first drawcord waist pants? I think you're doing something wrong here.

11 hours ago, Zeddsan said:

Also got mine today. 5'10 size M. Strangely found it too roomy around waist and drawcord can barely hold it up. Now regret didn't get a S :sad:

I am 5'5 and I wear a P23A-DS in size M and P30A-DS in size S. Both of which I can tighten till it hold up. So I find it strange that you cannot tighten it fully. I ordered the P31A-DS in size S, waiting for it to arrive from mothersite. Shipping to Asia is somewhat slower.

@Zeddsan someone posted some good advice a while ago for cinching pants: lean forward and stick your but out a bit and then pull. I'm under 70kg and can fully cinch XL p15s.

15 hours ago, appolez said:

I've ordered twice and haven't been hit with duties either time. 

@robbatussin @appolez

Placed 2 orders from the release this week from HBX shipping to NYC and they're both held up at Fedex right now. Fedex is asking me for a commercial invoice, despite the fact that the shipping label states the full HKD value on it. I've never experienced this with HBX before, so wondering if something recently changed...

@beepy @iamundying @segue

Thanks for the advice. Reading comments from yall made me go back and tried again. No matter how hard I pull it it just wouldn't get tight enough. XL fitting <70kg sounds wild...maybe I'm losing weight 

Should we be expecting the J1B-GT Monday? I saw a launch date somewhere for November 16th, but not sure that applies to the mother site. 

4 hours ago, brian_g said:

@robbatussin @appolez

Placed 2 orders from the release this week from HBX shipping to NYC and they're both held up at Fedex right now. Fedex is asking me for a commercial invoice, despite the fact that the shipping label states the full HKD value on it. I've never experienced this with HBX before, so wondering if something recently changed...

Have HBX support look into.  This has happened to me but they always clear it from their end and I have never had to pay fees or provide additional documentation.

J68 Alpha Green arrived today and I'm on the fence with my first impressions. To my eyes it looks more grey/ khaki in direct light than the stock pictures suggest.  The J68 Multi shots show it more accurately in sunlight than the shots with Umit.  Was hoping it would be slightly closer to the old olive Epic cotton overall.  Looks incredible in lower light, though.  

I would have preferred a green jacket sling to a black one for these colors. 

Does anyone know where a size M Royal Air Force green is still available?  Could you please PM if so?  

iphone pics -

2100893718_image0(30).thumb.jpeg.8a5c3a83f5b3f46962bfea3610543f70.jpeg617342793_image1(6).thumb.jpeg.989325b7594a9ff85918ceba0b4f72e6.jpeg

Edited by Sureal

1 hour ago, Sureal said:

J68 Alpha Green arrived today and I'm on the fence with my first impressions. To my eyes it looks more grey/ khaki in direct light than the stock pictures suggest.  The J68 Multi shots show it more accurately in sunlight than the shots with Umit.  Was hoping it would be slightly closer to the old olive Epic cotton overall.  Looks incredible in lower light, though.  

Does anyone know where a size M Royal Air Force green is still available?  Could you please PM if so?  

Post the pics, please. My local retailer has RAF in M but for 1100 eur

3 hours ago, Sureal said:

J68 Alpha Green arrived today and I'm on the fence with my first impressions. To my eyes it looks more grey/ khaki in direct light than the stock pictures suggest. 

Thanks for the pics. I wonder how the Dust 1B would pair with alpha green pants...

my alpha green just arrived - absolutely love the color and glad I didn't go for raf. it seems like it looks more greenish in photos, more like concrete/dust irl. goes really well with the raf zips.

Photo 2020-10-30 12 38 06.jpg

Edited by eyesolation

Acronym x Tilak evolution jacket arrived this morning. It came with a small booklet with pictures of the jacket.

I had never worn Tilak before. Before Acronym, I was mostly wearing Arcteryx (about a decade ago or more?) and this evolution jacket felt a lot like the Arcteryx's flagship Alpha SV jacket. When worn it feels really like a true blue mountaineering piece where every design element is completely utilitarian and not just for the looks. When zipped up all the way the lower half of the face is sheltered the same way as the SV jacket, which is very comfortable. I love the velcro mechanics on the cuffs, its really convenient and easy to use.

I wore Acronym size S, and this jacket in size S fits me perfectly. I will keep it :)

Edited by skycrawler

Contrast zipper (raf rows+black coil) on Alpha Green>>>>zipper (black rows+raf coil) on RAF 

also, here's the difference of the P10A-E alpha green vs the J68 alpha green. the pants have a way stronger green tint in them and the jacket appears more beige-ish next to it.

Photo 2020-10-30 16 03 44.jpg

Wow, they're not even close lmao. Why give them the same name? That being said, I still think they both look amazing.

Edited by jeddyhsu

how does the dryskin alpha green compare to epic alpha green? seems like the dryskin has more yellow in it as well.

16 hours ago, BruceLeroy said:

Should we be expecting the J1B-GT Monday? I saw a launch date somewhere for November 16th, but not sure that applies to the mother site. 

Hotoveli had release dates for everthing pre drop 1, J1B was Nov 16th, but it looks like it's possibly been pushed back to November 23rd, now. 

5 hours ago, skycrawler said:

Acronym x Tilak evolution jacket arrived this morning. It came with a small booklet with pictures of the jacket.

I had never worn Tilak before. Before Acronym, I was mostly wearing Arcteryx (about a decade ago or more?) and this evolution jacket felt a lot like the Arcteryx's flagship Alpha SV jacket. When worn it feels really like a true blue mountaineering piece where every design element is completely utilitarian and not just for the looks. When zipped up all the way the lower half of the face is sheltered the same way as the SV jacket, which is very comfortable. I love the velcro mechanics on the cuffs, its really convenient and easy to use.

I wore Acronym size S, and this jacket in size S fits me perfectly. I will keep it :)

Could you post photos showing it off? I know it's not an insanely aggressive-looking piece, but I'd still love some photos of it in use! :) 

Edited by nathan_

J68-PL-MULTI arrived. unsure if the novelty of the colour blocking will wear off but I can immediately see myself getting a lot of wear out of this jacket. as discussed above, the Alpha Green is much more of a grey-green than the (true?) colour of the P10s. I was kind of expecting that from the photos though.  

I went for Large which is my standard size in everything (the P34-S I'm wearing here are one of the few items I own in medium) and I've got just enough room for a shirt and / or light sweater underneath. sleeve length and shoulders feel just right (I'm not so into Errolson's super-profile-toight fit from product shots) . I'm 188cm and fluctuate around 80-85kgs depending on how much i'm cycling for reference.

P31 RAF arriving today...

LEGOACRNM.png

LEGOACRNM2.png

3 hours ago, eyesolation said:

also, here's the difference of the P10A-E alpha green vs the J68 alpha green. the pants have a way stronger green tint in them and the jacket appears more beige-ish next to it.

Photo 2020-10-30 16 03 44.jpg

I'd kinda like to see how that works as a fit, getting nice lunar vibes from that combo.

1 hour ago, mikon_nikon said:

J68-PL-MULTI arrived. unsure if the novelty of the colour blocking will wear off but I can immediately see myself getting a lot of wear out of this jacket. as discussed above, the Alpha Green is much more of a grey-green than the (true?) colour of the P10s. I was kind of expecting that from the photos though.  

I went for Large which is my standard size in everything (the P34-S I'm wearing here are one of the few items I own in medium) and I've got just enough room for a shirt and / or light sweater underneath. sleeve length and shoulders feel just right (I'm not so into Errolson's super-profile-toight fit from product shots) . I'm 188cm and fluctuate around 80-85kgs depending on how much i'm cycling for reference.

P31 RAF arriving today..

Looks good on you mate. I prefer some roominess to the fit as well.

I think it was @brainerd666 who said papa bear should size up from Medium in the photoshoots and I'd have to agree. Just looks too constricting for his karate moves. Speaking of which, it's high time we got a new Acronymjutsu video. 

I am 184cm (Almost 6.1? ft) and 165 Pound (Pretty big upper body and Arms)

I am wearing

Jacket J68-PL - Lagre

Pants P31A-DS - Medium

It goes without saying that the jacket is really cool. The details are really good, and it's also light and warm. Most of the size I wear all jackets L. However, For J78-ws, I wear an M.

Also, I am a little worried about my pants. Considering size down to S and do it with a crop style like Notre Styling, or wear M as it is. Overall, the pants feel relaxed to me, so it feels similar to the P30A If I wear size M as this pick and loose hooked on the waist.

and it looks like straight pants but it is really short. 

IMG_2738.thumb.jpeg.52289ad599fa2f1b823dbf08ada1016b.jpeg

2 hours ago, Youchul Jeon said:

I think you should go for a large tbh if you say it's short, and they look a little slimmer on you than intended I think, but definitely don't go small.

Edited by msoldano