Westbrook

Acronym.

In all my years entering raffles finally "won". I might just pattern wipe the toe area on the Grey's, I kind of like the OG acr logo on the cage.

56 minutes ago, X.bee said:

In all my years entering raffles finally "won". I might just pattern wipe the toe area on the Grey's, I kind of like the OG acr logo on the cage.

post a pic after you do that

Production seems kinda shoddy on my pair, lots of glue around the sole & toe print has a paint smear on one of the tiny logos, so I just might do it..

might need a set without the patterns. pretty clean

edit: I guess I’m really not all that surprised. 

Edited by shoreman

Hmm, this sure sounds like Acronym's marketing strategy...

https://www.thefashionlaw.com/home/the-24-anti-laws-of-marketing

12Luxury sets the price; price does not set luxury. 

13Raise your prices as time goes on, in order to increase demand. 

14Keep raising the average price of the product range.

One of the key principles of the luxury strategy is to keep raising the average price of the brand. This does not mean having one or two alibi products, exceptionally high priced, and created just to launch the buzz: this is a classic PR game. Not a real luxury strategy … Systematically increasing price point is a real challenge, as it goes against all the legitimate habits of company management.

More: luxury customers are educated customers. They are ready to pay more... but for getting much more. So, just increasing price without adding significant value leads to disaster – as ‘luxury brands’ relying purely on Veblen effect have quickly discovered at their expense. You need lots of creativity in the fashion industry to keep on selling at the same price point – but it is the job of the designer. In luxury, you must install the whole the company in the creating value process: luxury value creation does not rely only on the talent of a creator, but on each employee of the company.

Louis Vuitton’s huge success in luxury leather goods is a good example of this management. New products are not introduced to replace an exiting one – they keep their standing – but to add value to the whole range. They are sold at a higher price, but this higher price is always explained and justified in the shop by the sales people. And never by saying “this new product is better or more fashionable than this old one”, but by saying “we have added this new product to our line to bring a new idea.” In fact, the increasing price point is not due to the price increase of existing products – which price stays the same – but to the introduction of new complementary lines. 

15Do not sell. 

Edited by junkie_dolphin

Q - how does everyone store there detachable hoods? Is there a sensible way to store inside the jacket whilst out and about and im just being dumb or just store else where bag etc? 

Pocket looks a bit silly when its in there.

If you fold and pack it into a square shape, it fits and blends in with the many pockets on the jacket.

4 hours ago, agentbuca said:

I clip my J53 hood to the jacketsling using the popper.

Yep, same here. Works perfectly and feels like it was intended given the little snap and loop on the hood that had no other obvious purpose. 

has anyone received shipping yet for the prestos on acrnm?

17 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

has anyone received shipping yet for the prestos on acrnm?

No but i emailed them, they said i should be getting it soon. I'm assuming Monday.

10 hours ago, agentbuca said:

I clip my J53 hood to the jacketsling using the popper.

I tried this but the it was always uncomfy. Ill play around with positioning a bit more. Thanks !

got it. thanks guys

a little bird told me there still a fsr available for the prestos minus the pink on acrnm. i assume they will eventually restock them.

On 9/22/2018 at 3:44 AM, pompadork said:

:unsure:

is the song about deciding to buy another acronym bag or not? [I hope noone gets offended by my lack of korean, that's how it sounds to me]

Question... I use my J46U-WS on a regular basis, and am in love with the finish and feel of the 2L Gore Windstopper.

I've been looking for a shorter alternative for the warmer months, and have tried the J47A-WS and J73-WS, but I'm not a fan of the Active Shell, which (personally) feels very flimsy in comparison. A shame, as the fabric looks so, so good on the product shoots.

I also tried the J28-K, but again, not a fan of the fabric.

Any advice, aside from the J58-WS, which I've been looking for for ages? Should I be looking at the 2.5L or Paclite, or is there a piece that I'm unaware of?

Edited by lopiteaux

2 hours ago, lopiteaux said:

Question... I use my J46U-WS on a regular basis, and am in love with the finish and feel of the 2L Gore Windstopper.

I've been looking for a shorter alternative for the warmer months, and have tried the J47A-WS and J73-WS, but I'm not a fan of the Active Shell, which (personally) feels very flimsy in comparison. A shame, as the fabric looks so, so good on the product shoots.

I also tried the J28-K, but again, not a fan of the fabric.

Any advice, aside from the J58-WS, which I've been looking for for ages? Should I be looking at the 2.5L or Paclite, or is there a piece that I'm unaware of?

58 is insulated so definitely do not recommend for warmer months.  I've never handled a 46u-ws in hand, and did not realize the 46u used a different material than the 47a.  Older J25-WS and 29B-WS/LA3-WS used a more matte WS, that might be more like the 46u-WS.  I've worn my J22 and J69 in warmer weather too, if you would consider GT Pro.  GT PB is also supposed to be good for a wide ranger of temps, but I haven't handled it in person either.   

DS-LA6 variants, and DS in general, will be more substantial than windstopper, but I've found it decent in warmer weather because of the breathability.  The J40 in CH or Stotz will be a little heavier as well but are great short jackets. I think the Paclite used in the 2012-2015 seasons would be too heavy for warm weather, can't comment on the newer one used in the j1agtpl.  I'm a big fan of the J43-K material as well, but it might be too similiar to the 28-k for you.  Epic cotton is also on the lighter side, but it is harder to find these in decent condition.

41 minutes ago, thatslapz said:

Thanks for this, really appreciate the effort.

The J46U-WS is a blend of 78% PES, 22% ePTFE versus the J73-WS' 53% PA, 47% ePTFE. The former has a smooth, matte appearance and is soft to the touch; whereas the latter has a fine line/grid appearance, and is rougher to the touch. I believe the latter is the WINDSTOPPER Active Shell, whereas the former is purely WINDSTOPPER.

When it was released the J47A-WS' fabric appeared similar, if not "wetter" on the product shots. I was under the impression that the fabric would be halfway inbetween the J46U-WS' and the -PB, but a lot "drier" in the end.

PS. I've been using the 69 myself over the London summer. What a fantastic piece.

Edited by lopiteaux

Ya, the unlined WS fabric is amazing, but I dont think it came in anything else like you’re looking for. J29-ch is one of my favs... but I think you’d be looking for a CH pending anything coming out in FW1819

2 hours ago, lopiteaux said:

Forgot to add - great shout on the J40-CH. Let the hunt begin...

join the club the j40-ch is like an urban myth now, i have never seen one pop up for the past year and every time i think abt one i get a lil pop up in my stotz pants

Edited by Toilettebun

7 hours ago, lopiteaux said:

Thanks for this, really appreciate the effort.

The J46U-WS is a blend of 78% PES, 22% ePTFE versus the J73-WS' 53% PA, 47% ePTFE. The former has a smooth, matte appearance and is soft to the touch; whereas the latter has a fine line/grid appearance, and is rougher to the touch. I believe the latter is the WINDSTOPPER Active Shell, whereas the former is purely WINDSTOPPER.

When it was released the J47A-WS' fabric appeared similar, if not "wetter" on the product shots. I was under the impression that the fabric would be halfway inbetween the J46U-WS' and the -PB, but a lot "drier" in the end.

PS. I've been using the 69 myself over the London summer. What a fantastic piece.

People are sleeping on the J69. IMO, it's the highlight of the whole season, especially for new pieces.

I also noticed acrnm.com seems to have changed the typeface used on the site...

Edited by RapGameTaylorSwift

8 hours ago, thatslapz said:

58 is insulated so definitely do not recommend for warmer months.  I've never handled a 46u-ws in hand, and did not realize the 46u used a different material than the 47a.  Older J25-WS and 29B-WS/LA3-WS used a more matte WS, that might be more like the 46u-WS.  I've worn my J22 and J69 in warmer weather too, if you would consider GT Pro.  GT PB is also supposed to be good for a wide ranger of temps, but I haven't handled it in person either.   

DS-LA6 variants, and DS in general, will be more substantial than windstopper, but I've found it decent in warmer weather because of the breathability.  The J40 in CH or Stotz will be a little heavier as well but are great short jackets. I think the Paclite used in the 2012-2015 seasons would be too heavy for warm weather, can't comment on the newer one used in the j1agtpl.  I'm a big fan of the J43-K material as well, but it might be too similiar to the 28-k for you.  Epic cotton is also on the lighter side, but it is harder to find these in decent condition.

LA6 is a great suggestion; that and my J25-WS are my summer go-tos. Even a J22 (2.5L proshell) is too much when it’s above 80F imo. Same goes for the J62-PB.