Acronym.

Westbrook

I also heard about capped quantities. It's pretty credible as the preorder for SS24 is ongoing.

Some retailers seems to cut themselves this spring as many items from last few seasons are sitting (as intended).

In this season the only item not on sale everywhere was J105, which was not stocked by many retailers. I guess the equilibrium was reached. They just follow this logic to help themselves and retailers.

Edited by keynezk
Typo

Spent a week in Sardinia with SP29K-M. Hot and humid. Also worn them elsewhere but figured scorching Mediterranean weather was the real test.

They're... OK. Certainly as well ventilated as cargo shorts are likely to ever be, and despite being black I never felt they were warm or otherwise problematic. The length is certainly not too short; I'd feel weird wearing anything below my kneecaps in this kind of weather. But put anything heavy in the pocket and it peeks out through the leg opening which is... not a great look. The flimsy pocket material has held up well despite looking super fragile. Sharp keys etc have not messed anything up for me yet.

The belt fly works, but offers no real advantage over a regular fly. The little loop to put the strap through is a bit stupid since it's hard to tighten through that loop (I feel like I'll tear it off?), so I end up taking the strap out, tightening, and then often leaving the strap hanging more in the front. Threading it back through the loop feels like letting a mediocre design dictate my behavior.

The material is very easy to brush or wash off if you spill food or whatever, and remarkably they didn't pick up any smell over a full week of intense groin sweat. But not sure how it'd feel in longer pants, definitely feels like something primarily for shorts.

Are they worth the cost? Unless you desperately need this exact pocket configuration, I think not. I don't really regret buying them but could live without them. Probably using my veilance stuff more for the rest of the summer, but keeping these in rotation.

Honestly would rather see overstock, even if it were without sales, than see pieces getting scalped. Errolson seems to struggle with finding a balance, though opening pre-orders would probably be a good way to dial in the right quantity for not only the item itself but the sizes. Small stock always seems to disappear quickly and then XL will sit for a year or more.

Of course I'm just saying this because I want my chances for the upcoming J36-WS to be as high as possible when I know it's going to be a sought-after jacket and competition to cop will be intense

2 hours ago, ukiro said:

Spent a week in Sardinia with SP29K-M. Hot and humid. Also worn them elsewhere but figured scorching Mediterranean weather was the real test.

They're... OK. Certainly as well ventilated as cargo shorts are likely to ever be, and despite being black I never felt they were warm or otherwise problematic. The length is certainly not too short; I'd feel weird wearing anything below my kneecaps in this kind of weather. But put anything heavy in the pocket and it peeks out through the leg opening which is... not a great look. The flimsy pocket material has held up well despite looking super fragile. Sharp keys etc have not messed anything up for me yet.

The belt fly works, but offers no real advantage over a regular fly. The little loop to put the strap through is a bit stupid since it's hard to tighten through that loop (I feel like I'll tear it off?), so I end up taking the strap out, tightening, and then often leaving the strap hanging more in the front. Threading it back through the loop feels like letting a mediocre design dictate my behavior.

The material is very easy to brush or wash off if you spill food or whatever, and remarkably they didn't pick up any smell over a full week of intense groin sweat. But not sure how it'd feel in longer pants, definitely feels like something primarily for shorts.

Are they worth the cost? Unless you desperately need this exact pocket configuration, I think not. I don't really regret buying them but could live without them. Probably using my veilance stuff more for the rest of the summer, but keeping these in rotation.

One thing I’m really interested in these shorts for is whether the FC3 can dock into the little loop for the belt fly. Can you confirm this works okay? Also how are they as swimming trunks given the mesh pockets

50 minutes ago, hanzen1138 said:

Honestly would rather see overstock, even if it were without sales, than see pieces getting scalped. Errolson seems to struggle with finding a balance, though opening pre-orders would probably be a good way to dial in the right quantity for not only the item itself but the sizes. Small stock always seems to disappear quickly and then XL will sit for a year or more.

Of course I'm just saying this because I want my chances for the upcoming J36-WS to be as high as possible when I know it's going to be a sought-after jacket and competition to cop will be intense

Agreed having more is better than having less. I believe that peak hype passed maybe 6+ years ago. Techwear was more popular as a genre then ever, Nike Collabs bringing it more mainstream, and the price point being slightly less made it so scalping was still profitable. Much easier to sell $1,000 jackets for $1,500 then it is for $1,500 to $2,000+.

Errolson has to know what previous iterations are popular and what aren't. I know it's all about continuous evolution, but when you have classic runs that you want to reup that are known to sell out like J36, J28, J72 please do make more. They print money.

4 hours ago, bboysparrow said:

Agreed having more is better than having less

don’t you just love when there’s full size runs from 2+ seasons ago but you also have people posting screenshots of their order confirmations 10min after a drop in a listing for p24a-s/j72-ds/3a-1-cr/whatever asking for $3000 or more and wont even include free shipping lol

I don't think you need to FOMO for SS24. At least you can get one from mothersite.

Just think about SS21 when the production number was relatively lower than current seasons. Some retailers had everything sold out, some put them on sale. The SS24 price will still be high enough to keep many people out.

50 minutes ago, keynezk said:

The SS24 price will still be high enough to keep many people out.

high prices clearly doesnt help to keep stock in check. limited supply is limited supply.

crazy, I actually want this rumored upcoming j36-ws but I guess its just fomo. lol. but yeah I’ll definitely score on from the mothersite when it drops and the webpage crashes and upon refresh everything is out of stock or already listed on grailed for 3x MSRP!

not my shitty edit but just gonna go ahead and post it bc this is the piece I want and its been making the rounds. ALLEGEDLY it will be joined by a j1bw-e which will be a godsend as a beater piece and not having to worry about babying gtx

IMG_2115.jpeg

IMG_2133.jpeg

Edited by futurecowboy2099
added p15 pic

Correction needs to come without a doubt. It's easy to comment on this from the consumer outside looking in perspective, but Errolson must be feeling some pressure and must make some moves, whether its producing fewer quantities, lowering prices, or coming out with a season where all the items are good, not just a few one offs.

7 hours ago, futurecowboy2099 said:

not my shitty edit but just gonna go ahead and post it bc this is the piece I want and its been making the rounds. ALLEGEDLY it will be joined by a j1bw-e which will be a godsend as a beater piece and not having to worry about babying gtx

IMG_2115.jpeg

IMG_2133.jpeg

The j1w-e is such a boss piece imo. I am not sure about the ws on the j36 but it will be a really cool piece too with the upgrades.

20 hours ago, yankees19032002 said:

Everyone in the know first hand won't be sharing specifics in a public forum obviously...but capping quantities and purging retailers are factual and the info is as good as it gets without being specific

this forum is like 25 oldheads and a tumbleweed and ur talking abt sharing specifics like ur distributing samizdat. idk the iykyk stuff with acr never made sense to me, secrecy abt clothing retail is not as important as u think.

Edited by cgcd

nice to see people in 2023 still thinking they're in possession of something akin to classified files for five-eyes while dancing around hypothesised retail strategies for german design firms producing rehashed gore-tex pieces.

edit: hopefully i can look forward to another sub-tweet from old mate after they read this (hi E, enjoyed your DS cameo!)

Edited by conqueror

20 hours ago, sumant28 said:

One thing I’m really interested in these shorts for is whether the FC3 can dock into the little loop for the belt fly. Can you confirm this works okay? Also how are they as swimming trunks given the mesh pockets

FC3? The hat? I don't own one but struggle to see how you'd attach that to the belt loop. And I don't see any scenario where I'd like these as swimming trunks; I'm sure the material works OK and the pockets should drain somewhat efficiently but it just seems like there ought to be 90000 better options ahead of these.

The clip on the bucket hats is meant to attach to a chord, it won’t stay clipped on the little tab on the shorts. It falls off if you move. It’s like trying to attach to the jacket sling mounts on a jacket. 

The shorts are pretty quick drying and you could probably swim in them. Most of the pockets are mesh but the raid pockets aren’t and don’t have drain holes.  They also don’t have the mesh lining typical of swim trunks that keep your junk in place. With the short length and baggy silhouette it could get a bit scandalous. 

The pockets definitely get the sag because of the stretchy material, but I don’t find the material flimsy. I was able to stash 6 tall cans of beer plus my EDC in these bad boys for a quick trip to the park. Looks ridiculous but works in a pinch when you forgot your bag lol. 

On 7/13/2023 at 6:51 AM, futurecowboy2099 said:

don’t you just love when there’s full size runs from 2+ seasons ago but you also have people posting screenshots of their order confirmations 10min after a drop in a listing for p24a-s/j72-ds/3a-1-cr/whatever asking for $3000 or more and wont even include free shipping lol

Can't imagine smaller retailers in this position being keen on: 1. stocking more ACR, 2. not being able to put old items on sale. 

Idk how much of the supposed retailer cull is the axe going the other way.

6 hours ago, TheLinfel said:

Is there someone who tried to repair cigarettes burn on MP jackets? 
Specifically on j55-MP or la5-MP from collab with Nemen. 

What did yo do? What materials you used? 

I received a la5-mp a while back with a hole that I did not know about before trading it. I tried to find someone who can fix it, seemingly the best option was to cover it with some art embroidery, I was thinking about the acr shuriken logo in a matching thread Color. 
I decided to undo the trade, so this idea wasn’t realised, for me it seemed like the best option for the issue. 

3 hours ago, Yamato2800 said:

Man I am really not a fan of the neck closure on the J120 and new J28. I feel like it is so lazy, like lets just add another piece of fabric to conceal the zipper.

J120-GTPL, Front view [ Color: SCHWARZROT/BACKER GRAY ]

Unrelated but nice to see Ian wearing Mykita instead of some tacky frames from Balenciaga or whatever else as has been the status quo for model shots lately

Late to the discussion but it’s also important to remember the market correction since early 2022, plus the looming fears of a recession (which we might actually evade!). True acrnm stepped up supply substantially but consumer spending has also cooled materially across the board. Comically unfortunate timing for Errolson as far as increasing production goes.

18 hours ago, Yamato2800 said:

Man I am really not a fan of the neck closure on the J120 and new J28. I feel like it is so lazy, like lets just add another piece of fabric to conceal the zipper. 

J28-GT, Front view

J120-GTPL, Front view [ Color: SCHWARZROT/BACKER GRAY ]

It's actually a very conveniant and fast way to close your collar with one hand with a button. (2 in case of the 120) It closes pretty well because the top of the front part covers the other one from above.

I can understand if you find it visually not appealing since a flap is kind of sticking out and it doesn't look very clean, but it is very functional, and I use it all the time on the 28. It's not just a "lazy way to cover the zipper". I don't even think that is what it is meant to do at al, especially considering the 120 doesn't have the top zip anymore. Which is a good call I think, I never use it on te 28, it's kind of useless and in the way. It also leaves a small hole in the throat area which I thought would be an issue, but it hasn't been. Still removing the top zip and second might have fixt that all together, so looks like that collar is an improvement.

The part I don't really like visually is that the main zipper with pull doesn't really fit under the small flap its under, so it will always stick out. I gues that makes it more accessible, but it's not very good looking imo. Still really love the 28 1.4 tho, think people really sleeping on it.