What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, unders said:

Plugholes you mean?! 

Just googled it. Had no idea they’re less safe. Thanks Duke

Honestly? I know the standards, but kids are way more intelligent and resourceful than us ‘grown ups’ and I am not convinced some wee monkey wouldn’t figure out a way to do some damage to any outlet, whether it had some kind of ‘safety’ device or not.

I was actually quoting my mum when she got annoyed at my sister using them and I never opened my mouth so she then decided it was my fault (because I knew) :dry::laugh2:

19 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

Honestly? I know the standards, but kids are way more intelligent and resourceful than us ‘grown ups’ and I am not convinced some wee monkey wouldn’t figure out a way to do some damage to any outlet, whether it had some kind of ‘safety’ device or not.

I was actually quoting my mum when she got annoyed at my sister using them and I never opened my mouth so she then decided it was my fault (because I knew) :dry::laugh2:

:biggrin: Good on her. Why waste an opportunity to give one child a good rollicking when you can do two at once. 

Excellent, I worked in one of those buildings (the Three Graces) for a week back in the late 90s, can’t remember which one exactly but I think it was the one on the right (with no Liver bird at the top). I got the ferry to Birkenhead one lunchtime and they were playing “Ferry ‘Cross the Mersey” on a loop. I stayed at the Atlantic Tower hotel - is that still there?

I haven’t been on the ferry for years but I bet they’ll still have that song on loop!! We used to get the ferry to Seacombe and walk up to New Brighton in the school holidays. Small world I worked in a place along the front in the late 90s. Looks like that hotel is still there. Surprised they didn’t put you up in the Adelphi!

Edited by MJF9
mismatched font sizes!

1 hour ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Excellent, I worked in one of those buildings (the Three Graces) for a week back in the late 90s, can’t remember which one exactly but I think it was the one on the right (with no Liver bird at the top). I got the ferry to Birkenhead one lunchtime and they were playing “Ferry ‘Cross the Mersey” on a loop. I stayed at the Atlantic Tower hotel - is that still there?

I did a survey of the hotel in 2002 looks like its still standing 

Had a spontaneous electrical fire in the back of my car due to a short between some wires in the roof; melted half my camping gear four states from home

46DE39DE-C39B-4828-80F0-14F047C68D7F.thumb.jpeg.c243aadd2cb762193f1569f49cdc9704.jpeg

CB9FB67A-B9D6-4AFA-B307-13517C6145CA.thumb.jpeg.2657838d7f15c158adb1a9182c5e14a4.jpeg

2B0ADE35-E1B2-45F8-801D-4DF0FA0E3D11.thumb.jpeg.c95ad8f99d9330adf2ead1a00dcce352.jpeg

445BACC3-C08A-4C06-9284-4B882345556B.thumb.jpeg.39d98a9032ad7ac9d90025f1db79327a.jpeg

5CC333E7-5FB2-4CAE-B941-56CABAD41D9D.thumb.jpeg.c6261d10f88249e1b690c772532c5c03.jpeg

Luckily, I’m staying with a good friend in town who’s done a lot to help me get it all figured out, and there was a shop nearby that was very kind & understanding and got me squared away quick with confirmation that it should now be safe to drive—Boulder Valley Auto, who I’d strongly recommend to anyone in the area

Luckily, clothes nor boots (nor persons) were harmed at any point

Edited by julian-wolf