Warehouse

Medine

All right, I've been reading through the Warehouse thread from the beginning. Using that and Rakuten, I have a pair of 1003 ready to buy and two 1001 I'm weighing against one another.

I recently got the 700 one wash from BiG because I've waited for nearly a year now and still haven't found my size in the 1001. I am fine with Warehouse one wash and I love the 700 construction and fit, but for me, it's on the slim side of what I want to wear. The fabric seems to me to be in great shape with some stiffness to spare after o/w. I love them, but am still in the market for something higher and wider.

So, the two 1001 I'm weighing have the raw v. one wash debate and an offset belt loop in the rear to consider. May I have the attention of all the Warehouse masters and ask that you give input on which if these two I should purchase? I spent so many years working for denim brands that I wore out of obligation that all this freedom has led me in so many directions that I have gone round and round to find that Full Count and Warehouse are my thing. Now to split hairs, which would someone who cares recommend?

O/W http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/hinoya/item/1001-13/

Raw http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/rocky-house/item/1001xx-nw-2012/

For higher and wider, you'd need to go with the 1003XX's, and in a similar vein, the 2012 1001XX's are going to be wider than the same size in the 2013 1001 since they slimmed it up for 2013. I personally prefer the older fit but you could still size up one or two on the 2013's for a similar effect. Not sure if that helps!

That helps a ton. I prefer to wash my jeans myself. Raw and wider, easy call, I'll get the 2012. The offset belt loop was interesting, but ultimately, not something I really care about.

Thanks, Aho!

Yeah the one-wash model you posted is the 2013 1001 which is overall slimmer than the raw model, which is the 2012 1001XX. Honestly Warehouse does a pretty good job on the one-wash so you can't go wrong with that. Like Aho said you could size up on the 2013 1001 model to get the same fit as you would if you went true to size on the 2012 1001XX model. But if you're only looking at the 1001 models, I would go for the 2012 raw one so you can control the shrinkage and also get the fit that is intended for the jean.

Some shit fit pics of the 700 as a thank you for the advice. I'm many whiskeys deep, so forgive the poor quality. Your clarity sealed two orders that I'm psyched to receive!

IMAG0050_zpsd5221409.jpg

IMAG0051_zps27bedaaf.jpg

IMAG0052_zpsb3edb6e8.jpg

Yeah the one-wash model you posted is the 2013 1001 which is overall slimmer than the raw model, which is the 2012 1001XX. Honestly Warehouse does a pretty good job on the one-wash so you can't go wrong with that. Like Aho said you could size up on the 2013 1001 model to get the same fit as you would if you went true to size on the 2012 1001XX model. But if you're only looking at the 1001 models, I would go for the 2012 raw one so you can control the shrinkage and also get the fit that is intended for the jean.

Yeah, I have a one-wash from Warehouse and I have nothing negative to say about it. I got the the 2012 raw not because I feel I need to control the process, but because I love seeing the denim raw and the fit on me raw and then giving it a soak and seeing all the changes that I can't experience when buying one-wash.

Also, the way I size, from my experience around here, is probably up one as is. I get them comfortable to start and strap a belt on straight away. I spent enough time stretching out waist sizes. I can't be bothered. I'll gladly take hip flare over two weeks of stretching out a waste every time I wash my jeans. Haha.

^I won't try to buy your thunder in that case...

...Although I'm seriously eyeing the 1003XX's. Waiting to hear back from Japan-Holic to see if they can scoop up a size 33; if so, I'm game!

EDIT: It's a no go...WH told J-H that they can't ship that model overseas so I'd have to go through a proxy instead. I'll likely just size up on the 1001's and take a new pair since I had to ditch my size 32's.

Edited by aho

Extensive updates to the Brown-Duck & Digger website:

http://brown-duckanddigger.com/index.html

This looks to be WH's attempt at a global brand...interesting concept...

"The indigo leaf designed with paint and stitch, bar tacking using green thread, and a gauze patch illustrates the Billiken. This design reflects what BROWN-DUCK&DIGGER is about. Our basic lineup of 1900's, 1910's, 1950's, 1960's historical series are available. In addition, all series are equipped with the ultra durable continuous fly which is made of one front piece placed from left to right that extends beyond the sturdiness of crotch rivet. This method represents an example of how we make the very best jeans."

Edited by aho

great comparison pictures Jaredlee

I came across a collaboration wth jeans shop Izumi; its the 1001XX model with stitched down red tab and different patch called the Digger; apparently its made with denim that is usually reserved for the duckdigger line; limited to 100 pieces; sounds interesting!

11655551866_70585e2613.jpg
12261651_52bbe010ae388 by SLAB13, on Flickr

@B_M raw measurements are as follows using BiG style:

Waist: 16.5â€

Front Rise: 12.25â€

Back Rise: 15.75â€

Thigh: 12â€

Knee: 9.5â€

Leg Opening: 8.75â€

Inseam: 35.25â€

Waist: 16.25â€

Front Rise: 12.25â€

Back Rise: 15.25â€

Thigh: 12.5â€

Knee: 9.75â€

Leg Opening: 9â€

Inseam: 35â€

@Aho It'll be another few months before either sees a soak and any wear (I'll post measurements post-wash then). I just got my FC 0105 back from another little repair and those will be my daily driver through the end of March.

At this point, I think I'll dive into the 1001 first. The lighter weight denim seams attractive heading into spring/summer. Also, after living in the Zimbabwe beauty of Full Count, it'll be an easier transition. Haha.

On another note, one thing I have noticed about the two Warehouse I have worn, the top block seams very flat from front to back. I find that I can have a two-inch gap in the rear waist while sitting, yet still feel tightness in the lap. I'm hoping that the larger 1001 thighs will alleviate that, but I remember seeing Garden Gnomes post something about the structure of the top block being an issue more so than the thigh width (not necessarily about WH specifically). Front and back rise only account for length of each, not shape. I'm hoping I feel a little (not much needed to be perfect) better in these two than I do in my 700s.

My new pair of 1001's are in, and FINALLY I have a pair I can wear! Anyone considering buying a pair, don't hesitate and pull that trigger. Now that I've resigned to the fact that I'm a size 34, here are some great pairs on yahoo auctions that I can't currently purchase:

1000XX W Patch Grails size 34: http://page16.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u57592452

10th Anniversary 1001XX sz 34: http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e142411392

Not my size but possibly a good deal for size 32's out there: http://page21.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/j273068557

Enjoy!

Edited by aho

@whacked, I suggest sutocorp (check out their thread on sufu)

@sugar, Most likely not happening...:(  In a twist of fate, I could've made them work if they were button fly (the ol' "unbutton the top two buttons and wear a belt" trick) but the new 1001's are also too good not to wear. Perhaps we'll meet again next year for the 20th Anniversary pair! ;)