Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

@bartlebyyphonics, yep—by the time I left the house it had warmed up enough that a second jacket wasn't needed, but it was still in that not-quite-warm middle-zone…long store short, spent most of the day with the collar popped and loved it. I think you're right that that's a much more natural way of wearing this style of jacket.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure how feasible it would be but I think it would be awesome if we do another contest we could do a throwback to the custom days and offer some minor customization.
Standardize the denim, offer it in the 01/02/03 cuts and offer some customizable details like they used to offer (crotch rivets, continuous fly, etc.)
Or if that's too much just offer the same pair to everyone and randomize the pocket bags so we all get something different! Just throwing out some ideas here. :P

Wonder how many guys are still active? Denim land seems so barren the past few years, I miss the good old days lol

Ooe is still by far and wide my favorite "brand"; You just don't get the same level of hand crafted love and warmth with the bigger brands. Enjoy my TCB's of course, but they're getting a bit tight and I can't wear any of my older Ooe's due to those same waist issues lol

1 hour ago, aho said:

Wonder how many guys are still active? Denim land seems so barren the past few years, I miss the good old days lol

Ooe is still by far and wide my favorite "brand"; You just don't get the same level of hand crafted love and warmth with the bigger brands.

Every time you say shit like that you make the Shiotani brothers cry. Do you want to make the Shiotani brothers cry? Do you??? #WarehouseTraitor!!!

@Broark  and anyone else who got both the contest and saddle pants.

How similar or different are the fits on these? Thigh more roomy in the contest vs saddle?

Thinking of getting a size 35 for the saddle since it's supposed to stretch back out to tag size and I'm more of true size 34 these days. So unsure if I should bite the bullet and get the 35 or if a 36 is what I need then I missed out.

Edited by ALB

@ALB I’d be happy to measure both my pairs for you this evening for comparison. As far as I remember they fit pretty similarly, but I haven’t worn the Saddle Pants much yet mainly because they desperately need a hem. 

Edited by Broark

@ALB Just lined up my two size 33 pairs, and they’re pretty much a perfect match from waist to inseam to hem.

The OA denim does shrink a bit more than the #17 denim after a couple washes, so I would expect the saddle pants to get a tiny bit slimmer in the long run. My pair has been worn a few times, but not seen a second wash yet.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Broark that’s good - nice to get a second chance on something. it’s a pretty unique piece, but still easy to wear with the usual staples.