allacedout

Sugar Cane Denim

^ They're not still available anywhere. That's presumably why he was letting us know that he's searching for a pair: in case anyone sees one pop up.

Natural Indigo Edo Ai

IMG_4682.jpg

IMG_4683.jpg

Boy, looks like that pair's in great shape, too. I know that just last page I was saying I'd like the BEGIN pair above most others, but I think the lot 500 would be one of the few to top it. Wearing my pair of the synthetic version today and even those are something else.

I had a hard time selling them too since it’s such a unique pair and color. Should have checked this forum before I sold them

just to highlight the patch, bandana, front pocket lining and back pocket lining...

7de10d30887aae25f0eeb6716d68c40d.jpg
b07fcf2d4e425b42ad327b185e47ada0.jpg
f381c357b3556da023ca078fc8e5572f.jpg
037697cb1d27152745abc63de5de7f6d.jpg

kinda wish i kept the bandanna when i sold the jeans. I think i included it with the jeans...

Chan - are those the ones I sent? Damn.... if ever there was a pair I wanted to keep for the fabric alone, just to get out and show people, over all the other denim I've owned, it'd be those. sc40500n  - amazing product.

I had a crush on the persimmon SC's too. Never got round to buying a pair though.

yes, my pair was the pair that you sold me many years ago. i finally decided to sell a bout 6 months ago after not wearing them nearly enough to justify keeping them. 

Not sure if it's been posted here, but you can browse the entire paper catalogue here:

https://bookshelf.wisebook4.jp/html/toyoenterprise/26669/

And the Mister Freedom starts here:

https://bookshelf.wisebook4.jp/html/toyoenterprise/26669/#59

One thing I found interesting is that the jeans with the snake patch, on page 8, are not the only ones called Okinawa. The ones on p. 5 & 6 are also Okinawas.

Edited by JDelage

^ Thanks for linking. All of the lot 3xx are referred to by Okinawa, since they all use Okinawa-grown sugar millet fibers (and possibly indigo, in the relevant cases?). Same deal with the 4xx being referred to by Hawaii and the 5xx by Edo Ai.

In other Toyo Enterprise news, got a package in the mail today

WF0NGIv.jpg

5gidA1e.jpg

Impressions + more photos hopefully some time this weekend…

Edited by julian-wolf

15 hours ago, JDelage said:

Not sure if it's been posted here, but you can browse the entire paper catalogue here:

https://bookshelf.wisebook4.jp/html/toyoenterprise/26669/

And the Mister Freedom starts here:

https://bookshelf.wisebook4.jp/html/toyoenterprise/26669/#59

One thing I found interesting is that the jeans with the snake patch, on page 8, are not the only ones called Okinawa. The ones on p. 5 & 6 are also Okinawas.

The lot 303 and 304 look interesting ...wonder how they are different from the Okinawa and Hawaii's?

^^ Very nice shirt, Julian-wolf; have to love an indigo check! Long or short sleeve?

^^ The lot 303 and 304 (and now 305?), the associated Type I and II jackets, and the Self Edge OKBSP collab. all use a new(ish) denim that's relatively heavyweight (16–17 oz.) and only 20% sugar millet, rather than the 50% used in their standard blends. Fabric seems neat. At least a couple of folks around here have picked up pairs, and they've been around long enough that we should be starting to see some examples soon of how wear treats them. I'm really looking forward to it.

^ Thanks! It's long-sleeved—really more of a jacket than a shirt by modern standards, but sold as a "work blouse". See top left of https://bookshelf.wisebook4.jp/html/toyoenterprise/21305/#14. First impression: really super awesome fabric. Second impression: fit's way boxy: tag size 42 measures 49" across the chest and 45.5" through the waist and hips. No complaints here—feels and looks good, after all—but it'll definitely take some getting used to.

Anybody else think the '47-cut is quite slim? Didn't expect them to be that slim, as I put them on today.

I got the wool/sugarcane-model which is according to Naoki from PSA cut like the regular '47 model, so the regular one. Don't have experience with the other ones.

10 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

^^ The lot 303 and 304 (and now 305?), the associated Type I and II jackets, and the Self Edge OKBSP collab. all use a new(ish) denim that's relatively heavyweight (16–17 oz.) and only 20% sugar millet, rather than the 50% used in their standard blends. Fabric seems neat. At least a couple of folks around here have picked up pairs, and they've been around long enough that we should be starting to see some examples soon of how wear treats them. I'm really looking forward to it.

Thanks for the info. Are they cut along the 47 lines or slimmer like the type 3 ?

The 304 is cut the same as the standard 1947. I think the 305 is cut the same as the Type II, but there might be some differences here and there (haven't handled this one in person). Not sure whether the 303 shares similarities with any of their other current cuts; it's based somewhat on a '20s 501.

More of the palaka check work blouse. Photos were taken in diffuse (foggy) sunlight. Closest to true color are probably the close-ups of the sleeve opening and the pocket.

pNqYdlb.jpg

A7aYqAC.jpg

CvnL0pK.jpg

oUGQvzd.jpg

qtvVZ8W.jpg

N30OUrQ.jpg

and some fit photos, buttoned and otherwise:

BmMJAjb.jpg

DLx0dwu.jpg

8Xq3n9i.jpg

u2HwtWT.jpg

Yzspt7X.jpg

UzTJyjW.jpg

42qZfBI.jpg

KJOb5Gl.jpg

mrT0ZEL.jpg

The cut's definitely boxy—as mentioned above, the tag size is 42, but the chest measures closer to 49", without much taper through the body. The shoulders match up well to mine and the arms are the right length, so I think the blousiness is probably as intended. In any case, the extra air flow'll be welcome on warmer days.

fit's superb!

8 hours ago, longshanks said:

I’m also really into that jacket - the colour is a little on the bright side for my tastes but I really dig the details. 

It exists in navy blue & black already.

@JDelage well that was dangerous knowledge for my wallet. Managed to find a black one on buyee and now have it heading my way. Will report back once it arrives!

Woohoo! Happy to enable!