supertalk6
allacedout

Sugar Cane Denim

if Junky Special ( think thats the shops name ?? ) is in the area your visiting you could pick up there SC1946 collab ?

2 hours ago, Flash said:

if Junky Special ( think thats the shops name ?? ) is in the area your visiting you could pick up there SC1946 collab ?

They look nice Flash but ¥38,000!  :blink:

12 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Update: these showed up yesterday morning! Pictures are forthcoming; in the meantime, a quick question: the model number is listed as "SC40200C". Does anyone know what the "C" stands for? I'm used to thinking of "N", "A", and "H" suffixes as signifying unwashed, once-washed, and hard-washed jeans, respectively, and I think I've seen "SHW" somewhere or other, but I've never seen this suffix before. 

The last letter stands for the year of production. A for first year when SC release the model, B for second year, C for the third year and so on.

The fit is epic, really great find.

8 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

They look nice Flash but ¥38,000!  :blink:

6 hours ago, Iron Horse said:

That's what, half the price of a CSF pair?

;)

Lol , didnt know the price 

Looking at that stitching, I think they may have been made by CSF. Wonky lines clearly aren't cheap! :D

7 hours ago, Capsicum Fried Meat said:

The last letter stands for the year of production. A for first year when SC release the model, B for second year, C for the third year and so on.

Thanks, that's just the sort of info I was looking for! Was this lettering scheme exclusive to their SCXXX00 models, or what? It seems unnecessarily confusing to have the letters mean such different things depending on what model number they suffix, but it certainly wouldn't be the first case of an unintuitive naming scheme.

Also: thanks, all, for the kind words re: fit. I wear a 34 in the standard Hawaiis for a looser cut, and I was honestly pretty worried that these (size 32) would be too slim in the thighs and I'd have to resell. The fit really did end up being exactly what I was looking for.

Edited by julian-wolf

Just saw on Instagram that Lahaina of Rakuten is now carrying Sugar Cane among other brands now.  

Anyone know how much shrinkage I could get from a one wash pair of 2014 if I really blasted them in a hot wash and machine dry? 

Not much in my experience. I find that the 2009/14 fabric has a generous amount of stretch to it. My 34” get to a 37” waist pretty easily and I hot wash and machine dry every time. 

I picked up a size 31 and it fits markedly slimmer than my 41470 of the same size, so was thinking I should size up to 32. If they have that much stretch then maybe I should stick it out. 

Decided to say screw it and bought the black Sugar canes off of Rakuten. Well... the thighs are pretty tight. They're not super uncomfortable but are tight and do look a bit tight. What kind of stretch do you think I'd get?

already got them hemmed to 30" so probably going to have to take a big hit on them =(

^I had the same thought when I first started wearing mine ... they looked and felt very constricting. After a few days they stretched out and now (about 4 months of wear in) the thighs fit pretty much exactly how I hoped they would—slightly loose but very comfortable, in line with how they feel from the knees down. Might as well try and see if they work for you since you already got them hemmed. here's hoping!

8 minutes ago, chicote said:

^I had the same thought when I first started wearing mine ... they looked and felt very constricting. After a few days they stretched out and now (about 4 months of wear in) the thighs fit pretty much exactly how I hoped they would—slightly loose but very comfortable, in line with how they feel from the knees down. Might as well try and see if they work for you since you already got them hemmed. here's hoping!

Very true, might as well wear them for a bit and see! But good to hear about some stretch. I think if i can get a little, they'd be perfect. Probably just need to wear for like a week or so. 

^What sizes did both of you get? I did a size 31 and I'm pretty sure after a bit of wear the thigh is about 12.5" measured BiG style. 

Does anyone know if the 2009(1947 Type2) or 2014(1947 Type 3) models ever came in the 14oz denim found in the 1947 model?

21 hours ago, elmcitizen said:

Does anyone know if the 2009(1947 Type2) or 2014(1947 Type 3) models ever came in the 14oz denim found in the 1947 model?

Nope, those two models were never made with the denim from the '47.

Recently got myself a the SC1947 in the 31" waist, one wash. Are there any suggestions on a jean that fits like these, but heavier denim? Like 21oz+ ?

I don't know any other model numbers off the top of my head, but I know they've done various special editions in the past that have been similar to their main cuts (S510 and S710) with only slight adjustments. The Samurai thread would be more helpful, I'm sure.

Another option would be Iron Heart's 1955 cut, which is a little slimmer all around, but has a similar rise and a nice straight leg.

Anyone else catch the IG story from Young (of SE) showing the heavyweight Okis Self Edge is doing? The model is OKBSP. He said they are a tapered fit and should be online in a week or two.

21 minutes ago, elmcitizen said:

Anyone else catch the IG story from Young (of SE) showing the heavyweight Okis Self Edge is doing? The model is OKBSP. He said they are a tapered fit and should be online in a week or two.

Link to the story?

Is it the same 16 oz. fabric as the 1930s-era jeans and Type I that came out this season?

10 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Is it the same 16 oz. fabric as the 1930s-era jeans and Type I that came out this season?

These?

Screen_Shot_2018-01-17_at_7_27.06_AM.png

Does anyone know who makes the jeans and other "made in usa" items for sugarcane?  the down jackets look like crescent down works..