Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Hi, does anyone know how many pre soaks I have to do to obtain the maximum shrinkage for the S5000VX 17oz 15th anniversary?

And what is the best method? Hot soak in the tub for about 2 hours and after hang dry?

Thanks

I washed my 21oz version and tumble dried them so I am expecting no surprises, that and they are currently more work jeans.

Exactly. If you only do soaks you won't reach the "final measurements". What you need is a proper wash. And if you want even more shrinkage the tumble dryer.

My route is to soak my jeans twice with lots of agitation by hand. I know I won't get all the shrinkage out at that point but I don't mind. This way the jeans are sometimes a bit bigger here and there but that will even out over time and washes. And I never use the tumble dryer.

^Great front fading Till

How many wear in them?

Just got my 5000CX's in the mail. Everything buy the fit is dope. Just threw them in the wash/dryer for complete max shrinkage, going to drop them off to be hemmed and if I am not a fan of the fit after the wash I'll get a slight taper.

p1530631508-3.jpgp1530631522-3.jpg

p1530631546-4.jpg

p1530631744-4.jpg

p1530631872-4.jpg

p1530631942-4.jpg

I think the top block looks good. That's how the s5000 should fit in my opinion. Far too often it seems people are interested in the s5000 and then end up selling or returning to buy the 710 or another brand altogether. The s5000 can fit slim in the thighs and top block, but they will never be a slim/tapered jean from the knees down no matter who you are.

Well I can tell you I most certainly did not get them for the fit. I never liked how the S5000's fit me, but I owned a pair of 30's back then and these are 29's. I bought them for the CX's because I love the color on them and I remember when I saw an old user (farmer) post his pair for sale I made it my goal to eventually get these. When I saw them on eBay I jumped at the opportunity, lol.

So just took them out of the dryer to ensure they shrink as much as possible.. Definitely going to get them tapered about .5".

p1530829894-3.jpg

The top block fits me perfectly though, just going to taper from the knee down.

Honestly Jacob that fit is spot on. I wouldn't change a thing not even the Hem width, maybe a hem clean break (but personal preference just looks better with a straight leg I think). This is my ideal fit, roomy leg straight leg not too baggy let my gonads breath

Edited by Rightyow77

^ most my jeans are slim silhouettes, but since working outside for the past 2 months I am all about looser cuts. Even my 5000VX is a little tight in the thigh for serious manual labor, it measures 11" upper thigh on the dot and that's where I need the extra looseness for when I squat and the rise gets eaten up and my man parts need the space. (excuse the imagery)

new 710xx (lot 15). 1 hot initial soak. what do you guys think of the fit?

sorry for the shitty camera phone pic.

If you're really sorry. You'll make better pics ASAP..... right? :P

Edit: Nice shoes by the way!

Edited by Somar

Alright alright alright, ill get them hemmed haha. Ill give them a chance. If I eventually decide to taper it would slight, just so its not as loose from the knee down. I love the way the top block fits though.

Riff, do you have a fit pic of yours?

Alright alright alright, ill get them hemmed haha. Ill give them a chance. If I eventually decide to taper it would slight, just so its not as loose from the knee down. I love the way the top block fits though.

Riff, do you have a fit pic of yours?

Yea, try em before you do surgery :D

I'll see if I can find one - if not, I'll take a few shots this weekend :)