Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

^^^^^^ (apparently I can't post properly on certain computers)

Been seeing your posts in lots of threads, and just can't stop admiring those boots. Absolutely amazing, best boots I've ever seen.

Looking at a pair of S710XX, and wonder what I am looking at for shrinking. Thinking maybe 31, as last pair of denim (N&F, yes awful absolutely awful) was 29, 31" measured. But just not sure with the shrinking how I should be looking at for sizing. Sorry to be one of those people...

Edited by bradl

Post-school off to the city for a photoshoot fit. Im consider a bit of a taper at the bottom, not to make them skinny cause I love the way they fit, I just dont want them dragging on the ground when I wear them with vans, especially since I love wearing them woth vans now.

p1573947764-4.jpg?sn=&tk=rI2u7ltDuiY8P01

H&M

S5000CX

Vans

Just received some almost new 710xx off a board member. All I have to say is WOW! Everything about these screams quality: the understated details, hidden arcs, sword selvedge... I love it all. Sized down a 1 size and the fit is great (although my hip bones are a bit sore so I'm hoping the waist stretches an inch). This is by far my favorite denim, although I've only ever had APC, momotaro, and PBJs.

Oh, and laxlife, I've been looking through this thread for a while now and I got to say those s5000cx look amazing, not sure I'd alter them. Just a humble opinion.

Edited by franziskaner

I hear what youre sayong guys, but put it this way if I dont alter them a tid bit the bottoms will be destroyed. Id mich rather keep them for 5 years even if I alter them a tiny bit so they dont drag on the ground. Dont think im taking in an inch, its literally going to be just enough so they dont get destroyed when I wear them. The fit overall shouldnt change, just more or less 12" from the bottom will be altered a tiny bit.

Maybe snap a pic at ground level of how they sit on your shoes? I've found myself interested in the 5000 cut lately, and I usually wear my jeans the same way you do (cuff and slight stacking). I'm curious to see how much drag we're talking about here.

I also prefer cuffs with a mild amount of stacking. Sometimes to achieve this on a straight cut you have to redo the cuffs so that they are just a little bit shorter so they wont drag with vans, chuck taylors, etc. I have a pair of straight cut PBJs that drag if I'm not wearing my shoes/wear the wrong type of shoes- in that event I usually then I will just double cuff them. This prevents them from stacking [unfortunately] when shoeless or in the wrong shoes and could potentially make some weird fades, so maybe tailoring is best after all.

They are your jeans so I say wear them how it makes you the most happy, I hate stepping on the back of my jeans so I can see how the cut you have could be frustrating. Just hope you have a tailor you really trust.

Luckily these aren't going to fade like normal jeans, if anything significant at all. I get why everyone wouldn't want me to touch these legendary jeans, but in the long run it makes sense, it's either wear them and let them drag ultimately shortening their life span or get them tapered the slightest bit just so they wont drag when I wear vans. I wore them so far with 4 of my vans and they don't drag with one pair only, the rest they love the floor. They are my inseam though so any shorter and they wouldn't fit the way I like with a single cuff. 

Once I get the motivation to actually get them tapered I would only be going to denim doctor to trust them with this. Don't care the turn around time, just want it done perfectly. Chances are it's going to be so slight that they wont need to open up the jeans and cut off excess material. I'll try to get a pic as well within the next couple of days, it isn't like half of the hem is on the ground, but it's about 1.5-2 inches that drag on the ground. 

Edited by laxlife1234

ok so here is some bad fit pic ( pretty much all i can do as lighting sucks and i feel a bit weird asking my partner Sarah to take a pic for me  :) )

20130504_172632_zps69cbba4b.jpg

20130504_172705_zpsea0dab27.jpg

20130504_172727_zps4d27e1b1.jpg

Edited by Flash