Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

^ the pockets do look a bit beefier than normal. I would agree with the weight of the denim being the cause of the unique look. It also might be that the denim looks rather dark and the contrasting stitching really makes it pop.

Glad it's not just me then. :)

Am I mad or would anyone else prefer this if it was raw, rather than one wash, maybe the pockets wouldn't look so "puffy"?

Glad it's not just me then. :)

Am I mad or would anyone else prefer this if it was raw, rather than one wash, maybe the pockets wouldn't look so "puffy"?

I think the biggest reason why they do the washing initially is so there is limited returns and exchanges in size. with jeans they have the vendors that are knowledgable in if the fit is too tight or too loose and how to size. but with a jacket that shrinks it is a bit more difficult to quantify dimension shrinkage and/or comfort of the garment if it is non-wash. just measure and purchase with no need to worry.

I think the biggest reason why they do the washing initially is so there is limited returns and exchanges in size. with jeans they have the vendors that are knowledgable in if the fit is too tight or too loose and how to size. but with a jacket that shrinks it is a bit more difficult to quantify dimension shrinkage and/or comfort of the garment if it is non-wash. just measure and purchase with no need to worry.

Good point, I never considered that, come to think of it, I haven't seen that many Japanese Raw denim jackets, maybe just the Flat Head Type III???

Also, looking at the Type II above and seeing some other Samurai Type I/II Jackets online, nice though they are, not only do the pockets look weird but the buttons seem to look a bit wrong as well, too fancy maybe???

nope. you gotta sell them then and buy a new one

Well in that case, if anyone is interested in a pair of 31x36 S710xx only tried on, let me know.

Overseas returns/exchanges (with language barrier added in) would be a nightmare.

Exactly what I was thinking.

This is what makes buying jeans online so hard, but when you're limited to what you can get in your city, makes it even harder....

Edited by bradl

Got me all excited there, but all I could find is a 31 right now...

Is it worth it to try an soak it? I am like not even a quarter inch from getting the top buttoned up.

Edited by bradl

for me STF means "shrink to fit" and not "stretch to fit". If I can't button up an unsanforized pair pre-soak it's just not the right size.

edit: others may disagree with me or had luck with stretching out their pair

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Have anyone tried pulling off wearing their S710's with dress shoes? I'm trying to wear them as much as I can even going out to bars and lounges where they have dress code (dress shoes/blazers required). I was thinking with a small cuff with neat stacks be ok? Or is it still look too messy for dress shoes? Thoughts?

for me STF means "shrink to fit" and not "stretch to fit". If I can't button up an unsanforized pair pre-soak it's just not the right size.

edit: others may disagree with me or had luck with stretching out their pair

Yeah, totally agree with you on that. Going to be listing my pair, once they dry for measurements.

Have anyone tried pulling off wearing their S710's with dress shoes? I'm trying to wear them as much as I can even going out to bars and lounges where they have dress code (dress shoes/blazers required). I was thinking with a small cuff with neat stacks be ok? Or is it still look too messy for dress shoes? Thoughts?

Nathan...hell yeah you can wear them!  You're asking denim nerds here.  If the ladies aren't feeling me because I'm wearing denim, that's the last time I'm drinking there.

Edited by S-Town

Is 2nd a lot cheaper than BIG? Since BIG allows exchanes. Just wondering cause I'm looking to get my first pair of 710's. also, a question on sizing, if I'm a 31 in 3sixteen st-120 and nudie slim Jim, what size should I get for 710, don't want anything too skinny. Thanks a lot!

Easy solution, avoid lounges and bars with dress codes.