Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Went today to the Samurai store here in Osaka to check out the Autuum & Winter collection preview and asked them if they were planning to do something special in the 710 cut and they told me they weren't.

Apparently this particular cut is way more popular abroad (although they didn't have many sizes left in stock) so I guess that is the reason BiG is taking care of the limited edition models for 710.

Went today to the Samurai store here in Osaka to check out the Autuum & Winter collection preview and asked them if they were planning to do something special in the 710 cut and they told me they weren't.

Apparently this particular cut is way more popular abroad (although they didn't have many sizes left in stock) so I guess that is the reason BiG is taking care of the limited edition models for 710.

I wish BIG would do a S003jp cut with 710 denim and pockets.

wasn't feeling the wide-straddled back pockets, so i re-positioned them.  

IMO, the 1" diagonal tweak towards the center made quite an impact on the aesthetic fit. 

JINsRep.jpg

JINsRep2-1.jpg

before & after:

JINsBPrep.jpg

Edited by BrownMetallic

Looking for a pair of samurai s710, my true waist measured with a measuring tape is 31 inches, I wear a 28 in Eternal 811 comfortably. For this pair of s710 I'm looking for a slim-straight fit that's not too tight. I made the mistake of going size 28 on my skull 5010xx, which are way too tight after the second wash.

So I've been thinking of getting a tagged size 30, debating between a 30 and 31 right now. B_f's fit guide warns me not to get a 29 haha, which is unfortunately what BiG has in stock. Anyway I called in and they said they were expecting  a shipment of blue shadows in by mid June and the 15th anniversary 710 in by the end of June, so I have some time.

Ideally I'd like a fit like this: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7035/6675573493_a183651797_b.jpg

This is jonsc's pair, anybody remember how he sized?

Also I'm debating between the 17 oz vx and 19 oz xx denim, this is my first time buying a pair of Samurais so any help would be appreciated. I'm having trouble deciding because of the lack of blue shadow evolution pics I can find, I know there's a lot of 710 19 oz evolution pics!

Edited by youhadanidea

Blue in Green has brought back the Wrangler repro Jin, this time in the 17oz LHT grey weft denim instead of the super slubby stuff on the last run!

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=13388&category_id=&manufacturer_id=10&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=62

Very tempting.

Though it's not the same denim, you can search for Casper's(?) old pair of these and see some of the most amazing jeans ever worn.