Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Great fit max , realy making me think about another pair of 0500's

you and me both mate...samurai gets more and more appealing to me again, damn! now let´s wait how i like my fit on the soon incomming MBB´s...maybe i´ll end up with some new samurais if not (thinking 710 15th annie version) :)

I'm back. They didn't shrink as much as I hoped for, but I love the fit - so damn comfy. I just need to figure out wether I want to get them hemmed (as I'm in Berlin in two weeks, I could do it at DC4).

The measurements:

Waist: 89 cm --> 84 cm

Inseam: 98cm --> 93,5cm

Front rise: 30 --> 29 cm

Leg opening: 23,3 --> 22,2 cm (just like my Eternal 888).

The fit: I was aiming at a much slimmer look, but I actually like that one a lot. I'm really happy.

Hi Max Power, how would you compare this pair with your S5000vx 21oz in terms of the rise and width?

I find your fit very different to the one the model is wearing, that one looks quite slim.

gordon spoke about 17 oz and if they are lucky 21 or 24 oz.

the annie models come with pouch and golden arcs, the rest is standard afaik.

i will put up another fitpic these days. they are fantastic-the hidden arcs match the stitched ones as shadows and their reliefs become visible already. i am going for double cuffs and then decide wether to hem or not. heavy denim cracks pretty easy and i always rip my front hem. even a hot wash will leave it too long because of the long rise and loose fit.

compared to the 5000s: they are longer, the rise is way longer, thigh is wider but the taper is stronger, resulting in a smaller leg opening.

Edited by Max Power

I´m going to buy a pair of samurais in 2nd store rakuten. I want to order the jeans hemmed. I have emailed and they tell me that they can soak the jeans before hem. Anyone has ordered jeans hemmed at 2nd? Do they soak more than once to get the total shrinkage?

I worry about ordering the jeans with the exact length and then shrink.

^^^^^Well done cruiser. And they still have plenty of life left for many oncomimg updates here!!! :D

hey guys,

when i size for samurai or other unsanforized denim, should i get the tag size that will shrink to the waist measurement of my favorite pair? for example, my favorite pair measures 29", should i get a sz 29 in 710xx since it's supposed to shrink to a 29"?

pretty much, is my true size 29 since my favorite pair measures 29"?

Better way is not to rely on tagged sizes but look at the postwash sizes of your favorite model. General rule on Samurai is, that they shrink to tagged size and stretch a few inches back. I buy them in a size that fits a little loose when raw. So if your favorite worn in denim measures 29" get the size that measures around 30" raw. Rule of thumb, more investigation might be needed in case you are really skinny or heavy.

^ looks good and slim! How did you size?

Does the 710xx require multiple initial soaks or will I be fine with just one really hot one? If it does require multiple, do I let it dry and then soak again or just soak again while wet? Thanks!