SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

If I find my NC30 to be a bit too tight around the calves, would a APC NS 29 be any better?

New Cures are more tapered than the New Standards so if you look at it like that, the New Standards should give you more room in the calves. But an important thing to consider is the effect it would have on the rest of the jeans.

These are based off online measurements but it seems like if you got 29 New standards, they would have a higher rise, smaller thighs and a wider knee area. I'd say your best bet is to just go try them on in person.

So I'm trying to figure out which pair of jeans will be my next pair. At this point I'm thinking of either the Flat Head BSP, or the Dior 19CM's. I'm 5"10 and 155lbs, with a pretty trim build. Unfortunately I won't be able to try on either pair as I'm in the midwest. I'm basically looking for a really flattering cut for someone with my build, and I was wondering if someone who has had experience with both cuts could give me their general opinion.

need some help here so suggestions will be good. i have a pal and hes been a little down on his luck. some shit has been happening to him, hes a nice guy and all and his birthday is just round the corner so i was thinking about what he needed and he recently tweeted that he has had a few crotch blowouts in his denim, thats why i was wondering if i could get suggestions for denim.

so thats the story, but the help i would need would be as to what good denim to get him. bearing in mind that im not crazy rich, i would probably have to source the supermarket for something. so, being able to find something with not too high a retail value to begin with would be good.. he wears a 33 for nudie average joe, hes a big guy by asian standards, so i was wondering what would be a good alternative to that. i know for sure that hes not into straight cuts because hes not that tall and they dont look flattering on him, so i was wondering what would be a good option.

help would be greatly appreciated, just wanna make my man's day for a bit...

Maybe a Sugar Cane 1947 type II from Japan (slimmed down from the original 47 cut)? At 12,000 yen it won't break the bank :)

Studio D'artisan 703 (slim cut) at 14,490 yen?

P.S.

I've got a pair of slim boot-cut Sugar Cane's sc40460, sz 34) from 2004 that I don't wear any more, but it is a pre-distressed model. I can sell it uber cheap if your dude is ok with pre-distressed stuff.

wow thanks for the recommendations guys the eight g denim looks good with the cut and all but i think he would be looking for something with selvage possibly. the studio d artisan 103 looks good price-wise is still out of my budget. thanks for your offer mike but im looking for something raw selvage as well! but the 1947 type II looks good man. it might be a pretty good idea for me to get him those! any more suggestions would be great too!

Mmm, the sc1947 is generally considered the most bang for your buck on the Japanese market, due to Toyo's relatively large scale of operation compared with the other higher end makers.

You could also wait for Roy's new jeans! Someone mentioned a slim-fit coming out soon in the Roy Denim thread.

Can't think of anything else in a slim fit at the moment - other than grabbing a pair from the supermarket.

Get the Flathead BSPs, Diors are Poo!

So I'm trying to figure out which pair of jeans will be my next pair. At this point I'm thinking of either the Flat Head BSP, or the Dior 19CM's. I'm 5"10 and 155lbs, with a pretty trim build. Unfortunately I won't be able to try on either pair as I'm in the midwest. I'm basically looking for a really flattering cut for someone with my build, and I was wondering if someone who has had experience with both cuts could give me their general opinion.

Hi there

A quick question for the denim gurus

It is generally given that the big E on Levis was done away with in 1971, and changed to the little e

I have several items that sport a big E pocket tag, but the other labels on the garment have a little e

My query is what are the rough dates of this transition, and how long this dual tagging took place, from sole big E, dual tagging, to sole little e?

Many thanks

Hi there

A quick question for the denim gurus

It is generally given that the big E on Levis was done away with in 1971, and changed to the little e

I have several items that sport a big E pocket tag, but the other labels on the garment have a little e

My query is what are the rough dates of this transition, and how long this dual tagging took place, from sole big E, dual tagging, to sole little e?

Many thanks

Levi's brought in a new corporate bat-wing logo with the little e in, I think, 69. It appeared in ads soon after, likewise the internatl tags, but didn't make it to the red tab until 1971. So your double tagging would take place over 1970/1971.

I'm pretty sure the orange tab was introduced sometime in the late 60s as a way to identify the cheaper lines much like the lower quality Strauss or Silver Tab lines that they produce now. When they started outsourcing, they used the red tab exclusively because it was so iconic.

Orange tab was as much about being a fashion range, as a budget range, even though they were cheaper. They sometimes prototyped items in that range before they intorudced them as red tab items. The idea was that Orange Tab items would come and go, whereas the red tabs were the classics.

^ My new Oni's had some creases and folds from the factory one wash.

I fixed the problem by:

1) hot soak in a mild starch solution, then gently stretch out the creases by hand

2) throw them in the dryer until the fabric is just slightly damp

3) iron out any remaining creases (shouldn't be many left by now)

The starch makes all the difference!

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic