SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I'm looking at a pair of Left Fields. I really like the idea of them; all of it's American hardware and materials for the most part. But does anyone know how the denim compares to some of the Japanese made material?

My fear is that it's in the same playing field as naked and famous stuff. Which isn't bad, but I wouldn't say that it's great.

I'm looking at a pair of Left Fields. I really like the idea of them; all of it's American hardware and materials for the most part. But does anyone know how the denim compares to some of the Japanese made material?

My fear is that it's in the same playing field as naked and famous stuff. Which isn't bad, but I wouldn't say that it's great.

The best stuff comes from Japan!

I have experience with White Oak on my pair of Roy's - they're really good fabric, but IMO they are not in the same league with the likes of Sugar Cane's higher-end NM fabrics, SDA xxx fabrics, etc.

The best stuff comes from Japan!

I have experience with White Oak on my pair of Roy's - they're really good fabric, but IMO they are not in the same league with the likes of Sugar Cane's higher-end NM fabrics, SDA xxx fabrics, etc.

Not a particularly helpful comparison considering you're comparing $200 jeans with $300 jeans.

I loved my SC Edo Ai, which have beautiful flamed fabric, likewise my SDA 103XX, but I wouldn't say either of them is necessarily better than, say, COne's 1955 or 1915 fabric. THey're just different. AS far as Japn always being better than US, that's a meaningless term - look at LVC's early model jeans and most people would suggest that the Cone 1915 is noticeably better than the Kurabo 1890.

AS for the LEft Field, I don't know how good the fabric is, but it looks like it has potential. I see the quality of sewing and cut as a much more significant variable than the denim. Personally I don't like the cut of the yoke, but they seem good jeans for the $$$.

^ Well, that's the only Cone denim I've had extended experience with.

For me, the NM Ai and SDA XXX (not XX) stuff is better than any of Cone's offering I've felt and seen in person.

Better, IMO, not just different - but it's personal opinion anyway~

I know you're a big LVC & Cone fan, and Cone does have nice stuff coming out of White Oak - I don't mean to dis American denim, I just prefer the Japanese stuff.

i almost always fit in size 29 jeans, but today i tried measuring a pair, and they were 16.75 inches across at the waist, indicating a 33 waist. Is there an explanation for this? this is boggling my mind. I know sizes can vary and jeans can stretch, but 4" seems pretty absurd (these jeans have also been worn only around 5 times) . i've also never fit in a size 33 pair of pants before. I don't want to order the wrong size!!!

i almost always fit in size 29 jeans, but today i tried measuring a pair, and they were 16.75 inches across at the waist, indicating a 33 waist. Is there an explanation for this? this is boggling my mind. I know sizes can vary and jeans can stretch, but 4" seems pretty absurd (these jeans have also been worn only around 5 times) . i've also never fit in a size 33 pair of pants before. I don't want to order the wrong size!!!

what brands are the jeans that you wear in 29 ?

stretched measurements on the jeans are always better than body measurements.

you would probably buy 31's in most Japanese brands

i wore an imperial duke in 29 that fit me well, and the one i measured (that i actually bought to measure) is a pair of H&M sliq's

i also have khakis for work that are 29 and a pair of black pants that are 29

^ I remember the member's pricing thingy.

Gotta spend more than $10,000 NTD, I was told when I was in Take 5 Taipei.

The junior staff said Benny makes exceptions for denim nerds (auto-member without needing to make prior purchases), but apparently I wasn't into denim enough...

I ended up getting the jeans I wanted from Japan, worked out cheaper than their non-members price, even with shipping.

does anyone know if i could fit a pair of engineer boots under a pair of waist 27 (L 38) WH 660 (7.25 leg opening :() http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=3062&category_id=&manufacturer_id=4&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

thought that would come up. ideally it would be lone wolf, but most likely redwing 2268

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic