SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

You've got what is says on the tag - Shrink to Fit, a limited selvage version. Made in Mexico? Different fabric and shape from the LVC version but should be good jeans (a shame that, as with all STF, they don't chainstich the hem any longer). Once you've worn em for six months, post pics on the LVC thread, I've never seen these worn in!

Alright...im new to this denim stuff and could use advice from some of you experts. I recently purchased two pairs of denim ( Uniqlo raw demin and Levis 501 STF). Here are my questions:

In the future, in the event that I do have to wash this pair, I plan on hand washing and hand drying. What would be the overall best way to minimize shrinkage? Basically, I love the way these fit right now, and want to avoid any future shrinkage.

It's pretty straightforward - handwash cold, air dry. That's it. Stretch the waist with a piece of wood etc if necessary, you can always give the legs a good pull as they dry and stretch them back out some.

More washing stuff, tho you don't need it, here.

You've got what is says on the tag - Shrink to Fit, a limited selvage version. Made in Mexico? Different fabric and shape from the LVC version but should be good jeans (a shame that, as with all STF, they don't chainstich the hem any longer). Once you've worn em for six months, post pics on the LVC thread, I've never seen these worn in!

Yeah, made in Mexico.

I really, REALLY want to wear them, but they're too big and too short damnit! I fit a 36 x 32 normally, I'm worried once I shrink these they'll be too short. The thing is, I'm doubting myself as I measured these up to my trashed pair of 36 x 34 Zoo Yorks and they are shorter than the 501's (by an inch or so)?

If I can't get a pair of 36 x 34's (after reading a bunch this should shrink perfectly) or sell it, I'll stick with these.

Brendan

just recently got Weird Guys Regular Indigo - wear them about 3-4 times a week for 3 weeks so far. Experiencing some knee bunching in the left leg and wondering what can I do to for that to subside.. is it just a matter of wearing them in? and if so how long will it take? Is there anything I should do?

thanks!

not sure if this question should go here or in the "shoes that look..." thread, but here goes. I want to give my Roy boots a polish...what should I use? It's my first pair of boots in the Horween Chrome Excel leather. Alden makes a wax, and a creme...one of those? Is neutral color ok for all leather?

Thanks a lot for your help Paul T. Another question....I decided to go ahead and do a cold hand wash on my raw indigo denim. However, I left them in there for a long while 'cause I got distracted doing some other stuff and it looked like I lost A LOT of color. Is this anything to worry about? Did the amount of time I let it sit in the cold water with detergent have a great deal of color loss?

Same kritikal, I initially soaked the above pair for 30 minutes with woolite, then a hand rinse which resulted in a indigo washtub, on a cursory glance, it seems to be fine, at least it reduces the amount of transfer to shoes.

Uniqlo T-000 jeans.

Can I get some info on this?

1. Where can I buy them (are they discontinued?)

2. I know some are raw, but for those which aren't, what kind of quality are they (maybe in comparison to levis)

3. Anything else you could add

Thanks

The answer to this is probably obvious, but wouldn't mind hearing people with hands-on experience:

What is slimmer, the fullcount 1108c or the sd-103? And more specifically, how large is the margin of difference? I really want a fit similar to my sd-103 (straight-leg, minimum taper) but am not sure if the 1108c will cut it. Would I be better off with the 0105c?

Thanks in advance and will rep accordingly.

The answer to this is probably obvious, but wouldn't mind hearing people with hands-on experience:

What is slimmer, the fullcount 1108c or the sd-103? And more specifically, how large is the margin of difference? I really want a fit similar to my sd-103 (straight-leg, minimum taper) but am not sure if the 1108c will cut it. Would I be better off with the 0105c?

Thanks in advance and will rep accordingly.

i would say 103 is slimmer than the 1108. check measurements on BIGs site to be sure

I'm getting a bit confused on the idea of what is "Handmade" denim... over in the Roy thread, there is a lot of emphasis on how the jeans are "handmade"...

Dont you need machines to sew them? I'm 100% sure Roy denim is not handsewn. isnt that similar with most other brands than we buy on sufu?

I'm getting a bit confused on the idea of what is "Handmade" denim... over in the Roy thread, there is a lot of emphasis on how the jeans are "handmade"...

Dont you need machines to sew them? I'm 100% sure Roy denim is not handsewn. isnt that similar with most other brands than we buy on sufu?

I think we are saying hand-made on vintage machinery by one dedicated man.

Other brands like Samurai, SDA, etc would be much of the same in terms of being handmade, but different workers handle different aspects of the construction.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic